Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Deli style pickle wedges

What is the best deli style pickle wedge? Vlassic and Claussen do come
close.

--
Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Saucer Man wrote:
> What is the best deli style pickle wedge? Vlassic and Claussen do come
> close.

in a jar? BaTempte wins for me.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Saucer Man wrote:
>> What is the best deli style pickle wedge? Vlassic and Claussen do
>> come close.
>>

> in a jar? BaTempte wins for me.

Janet,

I don't recall where you're located. I've never heard of
BaTempte around the Hudson Valley in NYS. I'll look for them
again but what part of the country are you in that has the
brand?

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Saucer Man wrote:
>>> What is the best deli style pickle wedge? Vlassic and Claussen do
>>> come close.
>>>

>> in a jar? BaTempte wins for me.
>>

> Janet,
>
> I don't recall where you're located. I've never heard of BaTempte around
> the Hudson Valley in NYS. I'll look for them again but what part of the
> country are you in that has the brand?

I've seen them all over. We can even get them here in way the heck South
Texas in one of the HEB markets. I tried to Google the company, but it
does not appear that they have a web site.

The company is in Brooklyn, NY making them a lot closer to you than to
me. Have you tried Wegman's? They seem to have all the good things I
miss about the Northeast <g>

Janet, former Jersey Girl

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>> Janet Wilder wrote:
>>>>
>>> in a jar? BaTempte wins for me.
>>>

>> Janet,
>>
>> I don't recall where you're located. I've never heard of BaTempte
>> around the Hudson Valley in NYS. I'll look for them again but what
>> part of the country are you in that has the brand?
>>

> I've seen them all over. We can even get them here in way the heck South
> Texas in one of the HEB markets. I tried to Google the company, but it
> does not appear that they have a web site.
>
> The company is in Brooklyn, NY making them a lot closer to you than to
> me. Have you tried Wegman's? They seem to have all the good things I
> miss about the Northeast <g>
>
> Janet, former Jersey Girl

I'll be danged... I'll have to look closer I guess! I
Googled it too with no results. We don't have any Wegmans
around the Mid-Hudson Valley.

Want some hard rolls? :-D

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:

> I'll be danged... I'll have to look closer I guess! I Googled it too
> with no results. We don't have any Wegmans around the Mid-Hudson Valley.
>
> Want some hard rolls? :-D

I'd kill for them! <vbg>

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
>> I'll be danged... I'll have to look closer I guess! I Googled it too
>> with no results. We don't have any Wegmans around the Mid-Hudson Valley.
>>
>> Want some hard rolls? :-D
>>

> I'd kill for them! <vbg>

Tell ya what. Email me your snail mail and I'll send you a
dozen(?) in a day or two. I could vacuum seal 'em and two
day priority mail would probably be fine I'd think.

Hell, I sent a pound of Angel Hair to New Zealand once a few
hardrolls to the south ain't no biggie.

I used to travel to Burlington VT on business quite
frequently. There was a transplant from here to there and he
had standing orders for a dozen when I went up. I was in a
hurry once and didn't have time to get them. Boy, the
verbal abuse da boy gave me.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ok. What national supermarkets get Ba Tempte and Bubbies?

--
Thanks.

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:23:21 -0500, Saucer Man wrote:
>
>> What is the best deli style pickle wedge? Vlassic and Claussen do come
>> close.

> Claussen is *much* better than Vlassic. Ba Tempte and Bubbies
> even better.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Oh pshaw, on Tue 11 Dec 2007 03:25:12p, Saucer Man meant to say...

> Ok. What national supermarkets get Ba Tempte and Bubbies?

Outside of California, Bubbies are sold mostly through natural food stores
such as Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Organic Food Depot, Sunshine, Westerly or
Fresh Fields and Co-op stores. In California: Ralphs, Vons, Safeway & all
major, national food stores.

I have seen Ba-Tempte in Safeway.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Tuesday, December(XII) 11th(XI),2007(MMVII)

Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 4dys 13hrs 20mins 56secs
If you don't get everything you want,
think of the things you *don't* get
that you don't want.

potato wedges Jen General Cooking 1 20-01-2007 06:41 AM
Hot Pockets Deli-Style? kilikini General Cooking 9 26-10-2006 10:02 AM
Cheese Wedges Kathy Recipes (moderated) 0 17-03-2006 07:53 AM
Schlotzsky's Deli Style Bread L Recipes (moderated) 0 05-11-2004 02:59 PM
Deli Style (Half-Sour?) Pickles [email protected] Preserving 15 05-09-2004 09:39 PM