Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.wine

Default Stupid Mistake Involving Food

Hi Folks,
Do you have any humorous or interesting mistakes involving food to
add to www.stupid-mistakes.com ?
Thanks,
- Jeff

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.wine

javawizard wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> Do you have any humorous or interesting mistakes involving food to
> add to www.stupid-mistakes.com ?
> Thanks,
> - Jeff

You forgot to say how much you pay.

You do pay professional nonfiction rates, of course?

--
Dan Goodman
"You, each of you, have some special wild cards. Play with them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.wine

On Nov 2, 2:12 pm, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
> javawizard wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> > Do you have any humorous or interesting mistakes involving food to
> > add towww.stupid-mistakes.com?
> > Thanks,
> > - Jeff

> You forgot to say how much you pay.
>
> You do pay professional nonfiction rates, of course?
>
> --
> Dan Goodman
> "You, each of you, have some special wild cards. Play with them.
> Find out what makes you different and better. Because it is there,
> if only you can find it." Vernor Vinge, _Rainbows End_
> Journalhttp://dsgood.livejournal.com
> Futureshttp://dangoodman.livejournal.com
> mirror: http://dsgood.insanejournal.com
> Linkshttp://del.icio.us/dsgood

Hi - I once heard putting chocolate kisses in my speg. sause was a
good idea.
Wrong Wrong.... It was so horrible... I was having friends over and
did
everything I could to doctor the chocate taste... I threw the sause
out
and took everyone out... And foolish me, I heard the same about
putting
coffee in my sause... Once again, Wrong!!!! Learned lesson, just
stay with my recipe.
Saves a lot of money! ; )

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Melanie wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2:12 pm, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
>> javawizard wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>> Do you have any humorous or interesting mistakes involving food to
>>> add towww.stupid-mistakes.com?
>>> Thanks,
>>> - Jeff

>> You forgot to say how much you pay.
>>
>> You do pay professional nonfiction rates, of course?
>>
>> --
>> Dan Goodman
>> "You, each of you, have some special wild cards. Play with them.
>> Find out what makes you different and better. Because it is there,
>> if only you can find it." Vernor Vinge, _Rainbows End_
>> Journalhttp://dsgood.livejournal.com
>> Futureshttp://dangoodman.livejournal.com
>> mirror: http://dsgood.insanejournal.com
>> Linkshttp://del.icio.us/dsgood

> Hi - I once heard putting chocolate kisses in my speg. sause was a
> good idea.
> Wrong Wrong.... It was so horrible... I was having friends over and
> did
> everything I could to doctor the chocate taste... I threw the sause
> out
> and took everyone out... And foolish me, I heard the same about
> putting
> coffee in my sause... Once again, Wrong!!!! Learned lesson, just
> stay with my recipe.
> Saves a lot of money! ; )

(Cross posting deleted)

Well, maybe not chocolate kisses, but I often add a tablespoon of
unsweetened cocoa powder to my chili. Unorthadox? Yes, but I find it
doesn't add any chocolate flavour - more like a richer sauce with more
depth. Afterall, the Mexicans use it in mole sauces.

MargW
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Well, maybe not chocolate kisses, but I often add a tablespoon of
> unsweetened cocoa powder to my chili. Unorthadox? Yes, but I find it
> doesn't add any chocolate flavour - more like a richer sauce with more
> depth. Afterall, the Mexicans use it in mole sauces.
>
> MargW

How many moles does it take to make mole sauce?

I will have to try the cocoa in the chili.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave T." > wrote in news:aeRWi.3505$%Y6.2758
@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

> motley me wrote:
>>> Well, maybe not chocolate kisses, but I often add a tablespoon of
>>> unsweetened cocoa powder to my chili. Unorthadox? Yes, but I find it
>>> doesn't add any chocolate flavour - more like a richer sauce with more
>>> depth. Afterall, the Mexicans use it in mole sauces.
>>>
>>> MargW
>>>

>> How many moles does it take to make mole sauce?
>>
>> I will have to try the cocoa in the chili.
>>

> You could try mole asses instead of cocoa!

I did but, it tasted like crap!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

motley me wrote:
>> Well, maybe not chocolate kisses, but I often add a tablespoon of
>> unsweetened cocoa powder to my chili. Unorthadox? Yes, but I find it
>> doesn't add any chocolate flavour - more like a richer sauce with more
>> depth. Afterall, the Mexicans use it in mole sauces.
>>
>> MargW
>>

> How many moles does it take to make mole sauce?
>
> I will have to try the cocoa in the chili.

You could try mole asses instead of cocoa!

--
"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I
have made the great
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.wine

"Melanie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Nov 2, 2:12 pm, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
>> javawizard wrote:
>> > Hi Folks,
>> > Do you have any humorous or interesting mistakes involving food to
>> > add towww.stupid-mistakes.com?
>> > Thanks,
>> > - Jeff

>> You forgot to say how much you pay.
>>
>> You do pay professional nonfiction rates, of course?
>>
>> --
>> Dan Goodman
>> "You, each of you, have some special wild cards. Play with them.
>> Find out what makes you different and better. Because it is there,
>> if only you can find it." Vernor Vinge, _Rainbows End_
>> Journalhttp://dsgood.livejournal.com
>> Futureshttp://dangoodman.livejournal.com
>> mirror: http://dsgood.insanejournal.com
>> Linkshttp://del.icio.us/dsgood

> Hi - I once heard putting chocolate kisses in my speg. sause was a
> good idea.
> Wrong Wrong.... It was so horrible... I was having friends over and
> did
> everything I could to doctor the chocate taste... I threw the sause
> out
> and took everyone out... And foolish me, I heard the same about
> putting
> coffee in my sause... Once again, Wrong!!!! Learned lesson, just
> stay with my recipe.
> Saves a lot of money! ; )

Try a dash of cinnamon. It's actually very good! Trust me!