Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default I'm giving up barbecue

Sorry guys, but no more barbecue for me.

I read an article last week that said by kids eating a peanut butter and
jelly sandwich instead of grilled cheese, their carbon footprint can be
reduced by 250 pounds a year. That got me thinking.

Making good barbecue takes hours of burning fuel, be it wood, propane,
charcoal, or any combination of fossil fuels. What kind of example are we
sending out kids? Eating good food is just plain BAD for the environment.
Just look at all that smoke in the air that we add on a regular basis.
Sinful, I say. We should be sorry for the damage we've caused over the years
by melting the Polar ice caps by eating pulled pork. Every time you pull
your pork, a baby seal dies.

Not wanting Al Gore to drive up in his Escalade to chastise me, I'm giving
up cooked foods. For the benefit of our children and all children of the
earth, my future diet will consist of peanut butter, dandelion greens, and
rainwater.

I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of you
review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue = global warming.
For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join in and make the world a
better place and eat greens.

Thank you for your support.
Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> Sorry guys, but no more barbecue for me.
>
> I read an article last week that said by kids eating a peanut butter and
> jelly sandwich instead of grilled cheese, their carbon footprint can be
> reduced by 250 pounds a year. That got me thinking.
>
> Making good barbecue takes hours of burning fuel, be it wood, propane,
> charcoal, or any combination of fossil fuels. What kind of example are we
> sending out kids? Eating good food is just plain BAD for the environment.
> Just look at all that smoke in the air that we add on a regular basis.
> Sinful, I say. We should be sorry for the damage we've caused over the years
> by melting the Polar ice caps by eating pulled pork. Every time you pull
> your pork, a baby seal dies.
>
> Not wanting Al Gore to drive up in his Escalade to chastise me, I'm giving
> up cooked foods. For the benefit of our children and all children of the
> earth, my future diet will consist of peanut butter, dandelion greens, and
> rainwater.
>
> I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of you
> review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue = global warming.
> For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join in and make the world a
> better place and eat greens.
>
> Thank you for your support.
> Ed

You're putting out enough hot air to kill 2 baby seals. BTW, would they
be best brined?

--
Dave T.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg Reg is offline

Dave T. wrote:

> You're putting out enough hot air to kill 2 baby seals. BTW, would they
> be best brined?

You want them freshly clubbed to death (they just don't taste right
otherwise). Brining is optional.

--
Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of
> you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
> global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now.

Oh, the humanity. I will pledge to stop right away. :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> Sorry guys, but no more barbecue for me.
>
> I read an article last week that said by kids eating a peanut butter and
> jelly sandwich instead of grilled cheese, their carbon footprint can be
> reduced by 250 pounds a year. That got me thinking.
>
> Making good barbecue takes hours of burning fuel, be it wood, propane,
> charcoal, or any combination of fossil fuels.

Since I insist on burning lump, I'm carbon-neutral.
Kingsford briquettes, in contrast, are not, since
they contain a large percentage of coal.

Dana

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of you
> review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue = global warming.
> For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join in and make the world a
> better place and eat greens.
>
> Thank you for your support.
> Ed

My BW looked at me and said "Have you no decency left"? That was it for
me...I pledge to follow the "EP" principle from this day forward!!!!

--
"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I
have made the great
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of
> > you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
> > global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now.

> Oh, the humanity. I will pledge to stop right away. :-)

How much for your carbon footprint credits, Sasquatch? ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all
>>> of you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
>>> global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now.

>> Oh, the humanity. I will pledge to stop right away. :-)

> How much for your carbon footprint credits, Sasquatch? ;-D

I've gotta a couple a bags of B&B lump I could sell ya. Since those bags of
carbon don't walk themselves, I guess they'd be carbon footprint free.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> Oh, the humanity. I will pledge to stop right away. :-)

>> How much for your carbon footprint credits, Sasquatch? ;-D

> I've gotta a couple a bags of B&B lump I could sell ya. Since those bags of
> carbon don't walk themselves, I guess they'd be carbon footprint free.

Lump, is in fact, carbon-neutral.

Dana

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave T." > wrote in message
> My BW looked at me and said "Have you no decency left"? That was it for
> me...I pledge to follow the "EP" principle from this day forward!!!!

Good decision. You will be rewarded. Your reward in fact, is a 50 pound
sack of spotted owl dung to be used to fertilize your garden.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Dave T." > wrote in message
>> My BW looked at me and said "Have you no decency left"? That was it for
>> me...I pledge to follow the "EP" principle from this day forward!!!!
>>

> Good decision. You will be rewarded. Your reward in fact, is a 50 pound
> sack of spotted owl dung to be used to fertilize your garden.

I would have been more pleased with a #10 can of Cream of spotted owl.

--
"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I
have made the great
discovery that liberty is a product of order"
Will Durant
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> P.S. I hope you're not serious. I, and I'm sure many others, enjoy,
> profit, and are grateful for your advice. You're one of the reasons we
> hang on.

Thanks, but . . . . . .
I bought three jars of Skippy on sale, I'm just waiting for the dandelions
to come back now.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. ..
> Sorry guys, but no more barbecue for me.
>
> I read an article last week that said by kids eating a peanut butter and
> jelly sandwich instead of grilled cheese, their carbon footprint can be
> reduced by 250 pounds a year. That got me thinking.
>
> Making good barbecue takes hours of burning fuel, be it wood, propane,
> charcoal, or any combination of fossil fuels. What kind of example are we
> sending out kids? Eating good food is just plain BAD for the environment.
> Just look at all that smoke in the air that we add on a regular basis.
> Sinful, I say. We should be sorry for the damage we've caused over the
> years by melting the Polar ice caps by eating pulled pork. Every time you
> pull your pork, a baby seal dies.
>
> Not wanting Al Gore to drive up in his Escalade to chastise me, I'm giving
> up cooked foods. For the benefit of our children and all children of the
> earth, my future diet will consist of peanut butter, dandelion greens, and
> rainwater.
>
> I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of you
> review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue = global
> warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join in and make
> the world a better place and eat greens.
>
> Thank you for your support.
> Ed

Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're here
now and not in the next century.
This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this to a
halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the world end,
not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us could have
predicted that.

Kent

P.S. I hope you're not serious. I, and I'm sure many others, enjoy, profit,
and are grateful for your advice. You're one of the reasons we hang on.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're here
> now and not in the next century.
> This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
> can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this to a
> halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the world end,
> not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us could have
> predicted that.

Actually, it was predicted. As early as the mid 1970's. But that
doesn't mean we have to give up barbecue, just living with our heads in
the sand.

Mike

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Thanks, but . . . . . .
> I bought three jars of Skippy on sale, I'm just waiting for the dandelions
> to come back now.

Hm... I didn't know that you made wine...

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 28, 1:34 pm, Reg > wrote:
> Dave T. wrote:
> > You're putting out enough hot air to kill 2 baby seals. BTW, would they
> > be best brined?

> You want them freshly clubbed to death (they just don't taste right
> otherwise). Brining is optional.
>
> --
> Reg

Well yeah, aren't sea mammals pre-brined?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of
> you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
> global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join
> in and make the world a better place and eat greens.

Aw, c'mon, you can do better than that...

I'll rate this one a 4 out of 10.

--Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:
> On Oct 28, 1:34 pm, Reg > wrote:
>> Dave T. wrote:
>>> You're putting out enough hot air to kill 2 baby seals. BTW, would they
>>> be best brined?

>> You want them freshly clubbed to death (they just don't taste right
>> otherwise). Brining is optional.
>>
>> --
>> Reg

> Well yeah, aren't sea mammals pre-brined?

BWAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA! The only way you could have said it better is if
you started it out with "DUH"!

--
"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I
have made the great
discovery that liberty is a product of order"
Will Durant
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Thanks, but . . . . . .
>> I bought three jars of Skippy on sale, I'm just waiting for the
>> dandelions to come back now.

> Hm... I didn't know that you made wine...
>
> --
> Steve

Just a little side hobby. At any given time, I have between 80 and 250
bottles of it. Decent stuff, especially for about $3 a bottle compared to
$15 at retail.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, but . . . . . .
>>> I bought three jars of Skippy on sale, I'm just waiting for the
>>> dandelions to come back now.

>> Hm... I didn't know that you made wine...
>>
>> --
>> Steve

> Just a little side hobby. At any given time, I have between 80 and 250
> bottles of it. Decent stuff, especially for about $3 a bottle compared to
> $15 at retail.

PARTY at Edwins! PB&J and LOTs of wine!

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:

>>> Hm... I didn't know that you made wine...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve

>> Just a little side hobby. At any given time, I have between 80 and
>> 250 bottles of it. Decent stuff, especially for about $3 a bottle
>> compared to $15 at retail.

> PARTY at Edwins! PB&J and LOTs of wine!

Sorry, I should have spelled out PB&J.... -

Pork, Beef and Juice... ;-)

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Mike Avery" > wrote in message
news:mailman.2.1193630109.14173.alt.food.barbecue@ mail.otherwhen.com...
> Kent wrote:
>> Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're
>> here now and not in the next century.
>> This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
>> can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this
>> to a halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the
>> world end, not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us
>> could have predicted that.
>>

> Actually, it was predicted. As early as the mid 1970's. But that doesn't
> mean we have to give up barbecue, just living with our heads in the sand.
>
> Mike

Absolutely!

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian.literature

> > Kent wrote:
> >> Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're
> >> here now and not in the next century.
> >> This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
> >> can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this
> >> to a halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the
> >> world end, not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us
> >> could have predicted that.

How true, how true, my good man. In fact, wasn't it Keats who said, "Yeah, and monkeys fly out of my butt."

Guv Bob

PS -- YEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!! LOL!!!!