Old 29-10-2007, 05:21 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default I'm giving up barbecue

On Oct 28, 1:34 pm, Reg wrote:
Dave T. wrote:
You're putting out enough hot air to kill 2 baby seals. BTW, would they
be best brined?

You want them freshly clubbed to death (they just don't taste right
otherwise). Brining is optional.

--
Reg

Well yeah, aren't sea mammals pre-brined?

Old 29-10-2007, 06:25 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of
you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join
in and make the world a better place and eat greens.

Aw, c'mon, you can do better than that...

I'll rate this one a 4 out of 10.

--Brett

Old 30-10-2007, 01:25 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:
On Oct 28, 1:34 pm, Reg wrote:
Dave T. wrote:
You're putting out enough hot air to kill 2 baby seals. BTW, would they
be best brined?

You want them freshly clubbed to death (they just don't taste right
otherwise). Brining is optional.

--
Reg

Well yeah, aren't sea mammals pre-brined?

BWAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA! The only way you could have said it better is if
you started it out with "DUH"!

--
"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I
have made the great
Old 30-10-2007, 02:21 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks, but . . . . . .
I bought three jars of Skippy on sale, I'm just waiting for the
dandelions to come back now.

Hm... I didn't know that you made wine...

--
Steve

Just a little side hobby. At any given time, I have between 80 and 250
bottles of it. Decent stuff, especially for about $3 a bottle compared to
$15 at retail.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Old 30-10-2007, 03:16 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks, but . . . . . .
I bought three jars of Skippy on sale, I'm just waiting for the
dandelions to come back now.

Hm... I didn't know that you made wine...

--
Steve

Just a little side hobby. At any given time, I have between 80 and 250
bottles of it. Decent stuff, especially for about $3 a bottle compared to
$15 at retail.

PARTY at Edwins! PB&J and LOTs of wine!

--
Steve

Old 30-10-2007, 03:21 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:

Hm... I didn't know that you made wine...

--
Steve

Just a little side hobby. At any given time, I have between 80 and
250 bottles of it. Decent stuff, especially for about $3 a bottle
compared to $15 at retail.

PARTY at Edwins! PB&J and LOTs of wine!

Sorry, I should have spelled out PB&J.... -

Pork, Beef and Juice... ;-)

--
Steve
Old 30-10-2007, 07:51 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Mike Avery" wrote in message
news:[email protected] mail.otherwhen.com...
Kent wrote:
Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're
here now and not in the next century.
This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this
to a halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the
world end, not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us
could have predicted that.

Actually, it was predicted. As early as the mid 1970's. But that doesn't
mean we have to give up barbecue, just living with our heads in the sand.

Mike

Absolutely!

Kent

Old 30-10-2007, 09:24 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian.literature

Kent wrote:
Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're
here now and not in the next century.
This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this
to a halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the
world end, not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us
could have predicted that.

How true, how true, my good man. In fact, wasn't it Keats who said, "Yeah, and monkeys fly out of my butt."

Guv Bob

PS -- YEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!! LOL!!!!