Old 29-10-2007, 12:58 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default almost too simple

Nonnymus wrote:
Being on diets, the wife and I are really looking for low calorie foods
that don't taste like cardboard. The other day, she saw something on
the Food Network where a guy deep fried chicken, as I was told, in a
breading that incorporated Ranch Dressing mix. That gave me an idea
about how to make a chicken breast more appetizing.

I trimmed down 4 halves, removing all fat and also the clear membrane-
whatever that's called. I tossed the four halves into a small vacuum
cannister and added a packet of Ranch salad dressing mix. That got a
good shake, followed by a vacuum. The shake was repeated several times
over the course of a couple days. Tonight, I grilled the breast halves.

The flavor was clear through the meat and if I'd cubed the pieces and
stuck toothpicks in them, I'd have been happy to have served them to
guests as an appetizer. The upshot was that the breasts were delicious
and the dressing mix, without added oil, didn't really add many calories
if you figure what remained in the vacuum cannister.

It's definitely something new for on my list of good things.

Nonny

My wife and I tried the dressing mix tonight. We are hooked. It was good. Thanks!

Chris

Simple BOBOBOnoBO® General Cooking 2 24-06-2007 08:05 PM
How simple can it get? Andy General Cooking 25 30-09-2005 01:15 PM