Posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

"Idjit BoB" > writes:

>Moonbeam:
>>> Don't know you "buggman" but have known the Gov for many a year. ....

>Dave Bugg:
>> Sure you have. And your post is all we need to know about you.

>Leave Moonbeam alone. She's a nice lady. Otherwise... thems fightin'
>werds!!!

I agree with that, even if I'm a bit biased. ;-)

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2007-08 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Spud wrote:
> > .
> > >
> > > Plonk!!
> > > _______________________
> > >

> > Man, you guys taught him a lesson he'll never forget! The dreaded
> > <Plonk!!>

> Your sarcasm and lack of wit is duly noted. There was no 'lesson'.
> He's free to post whatever and however he wishes; this is an
> unmoderated ng. I also think it's fair to let somone I've helped in
> the past understand why I find his posts objectionable and why I
> won't see his postings or offer further help.

Yeah, old Spud doesn't seem to like public plonks. Which is his
perogative, of course.

I didn't really see any point in plonking the individual in this case,
I just filtered the cross-posted newsgroup. I only see the ones that
aren't crossed.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
>
> Wahl, I am sure glad I got back from my trip in time to read this
> Paddy. What do you mean unfortunately Pappas bought out Luthers. That
> was the only thing short of closing that could save that pit called
> Luthers. There are not many bad Q places in Texas but Luthers topped
> the list. Terrible food and always overpriced.

Madee? We be tawking bout the HONGRIES hyar... not about one of them podunk places in godawful Texas that calles thur slop BBQ. I ain't never bin to any place butt Texas that allows folks to relabel catsup bottles "Gen-yew-wine Texas Barbeque Sauce", mark the price up 5 times and sell it at the airport tew unsuspecting dumb folks like my self. Yes, frens, it wuz I, Guv Bob, hoo bawt that bottle oncest and am still feeling the queezies months later.

Guv Bob
"Only reel barbeque is frum western Nawrth Kerliner and that's it, boys!"
-- from George Washington's Address to the Troops, 1777

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On 26 Oct 2007 07:14:11 -0500, The Chief Instigator
> > wrote:
>
>> and that's before you get down into south
>> Texas, where the art originated.

> Well, now that's a subject for debate.
>
> Almost anywhere in the SE has a reasonable claim to being where BBQ
> originated. Texas is very likely the original home of *beef* BBQ.
>
> Pork, beef, chicken, etc--it's all good when done reasonably well.

Not only that, but texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no white
or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
barbecue became established as an American cuisine.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:00:25 -0400, "Moonbeam"
> > wrote:
>

>> I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself
>> is Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How
>> long has Buggman been with us?????
>> Moonbeam

> Let's see if "Moonbeam" is bright enough to figure out that Dave B. is
> NOT in the appalachian newsgroup (nor am I, nor Brick, nor...) but
> rather in alt.food.barbecue.

That's asking way too much, Denny.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26-Oct-2007, Denny Wheeler > wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:00:25 -0400, "Moonbeam"
> > wrote:
>

> >I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
> >Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
> >Buggman been with us?????
> >Moonbeam

> Let's see if "Moonbeam" is bright enough to figure out that Dave B. is
> NOT in the appalachian newsgroup (nor am I, nor Brick, nor...) but
> rather in alt.food.barbecue.
>
> (note that I am NOT crossposting to that group, nor will I--at least
> not from here; I'd go to googly-gropes were I going to do that.)
>
> -denny-

Just in case anybody gives a shit, I will no longer see anything
that is cross posted at all. And I will make sure that if I desire
to address more then one newsgroup, I will post them separately.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26-Oct-2007, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Denny Wheeler wrote:
> > On 26 Oct 2007 07:14:11 -0500, The Chief Instigator
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> and that's before you get down into south
> >> Texas, where the art originated.

> > Well, now that's a subject for debate.
> >
> > Almost anywhere in the SE has a reasonable claim to being where BBQ
> > originated. Texas is very likely the original home of *beef* BBQ.
> >
> > Pork, beef, chicken, etc--it's all good when done reasonably well.

> Not only that, but texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no white
>
> or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
> barbecue became established as an American cuisine.
> --
> Dave

I'm drunker'n all of you and I still know better then to debate this lame
subject. Shame on you.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

And who the Heck are you?
Harry

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:54:38 -0400, "Moonbeam"
> wrote:

>Guv.......Yourealize that me and you are the only one that know this because
>Buggman has killed our files or something like that. He's back at his
>BarBQue
>shack dishin out that special barbque. I was goin to tell him about your
>yearly "bald eagle" barbque, but since he messed with our file he'll never
>know. How
>sad.
>
>Moonbeam
>

>"Guv Bob" > wrote in message
>About that long............................................, Moonbeam! :O)
>
>"Moonbeam" > wrote in message
.. .

>> I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
>> Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
>> Buggman been with us?????
>> Moonbeam

>> > That's the problem folks like Guv face: eventually he may be killfiled
>> > by
>> > everyone on the ng and end up just talkin' to himself.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Dave

www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26 Oct 2007 00:08:37 -0500, The Chief Instigator
> wrote:

>"Moonbeam" > writes:
>
>>I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
>>Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
>>Buggman been with us?????
>>Moonbeam

>He's a bit removed from Appalachia...as in Washington state (and Chelan
>County).

Why don't you guys take your Appalachian Asses back to Appalachia and
don't let the door hit your Appalachian Asses on the way out.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mr.Demidavicius and Mr.Bricker....... I, for one am tired of this childish
bickering and would really it to stop. I am an old woman with a big mouth
and Gov Bob
has been a good friend for many, many years so when I read Mr. Bugg's post
that was! so rough on Bob my mouth started before my brain and the fuss
began. I also
wondered why Mr. Bugg (if he was not amused by Bob's posts) didn't just
ignore them instead of all the talk about kill file etc. As to the cross
posting...I have
never cross posted especially to the barBque NG. I just subscribed to it a
week or so ago. I posted to alt appalachian . Why and how it ended up on the
"que"
ng, I have no idea! I honestly don't.
I'm not exactly apologizing. I just want you to understand my state of mind
when all this started, and that I am not a dumb hillbilly. I have a college
degree and my
husband has a Phd in chemical engineering and I do live in
appalachia.....Eastern Kentucky.

Wanda c.(Moonbeam) Humphrey

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On 26 Oct 2007 00:08:37 -0500, The Chief Instigator
> > wrote:
>
>>"Moonbeam" > writes:
>>
>>>I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
>>>Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
>>>Buggman been with us?????
>>>Moonbeam

>>He's a bit removed from Appalachia...as in Washington state (and Chelan
>>County).

> Why don't you guys take your Appalachian Asses back to Appalachia and
> don't let the door hit your Appalachian Asses on the way out.
>
> Harry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> And who the Heck are you?
> Harry
>
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:54:38 -0400, "Moonbeam"
> > wrote:

<snippity doo dah>

Niki just posted that your mails were getting refused by
my ISP. I hate it when folks manipulate my life for "My
Own Good". I'll see what I can do about that.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:50:20 GMT, "
> wrote:

>On 26-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:
>
>> And who the Heck are you?
>> Harry
>>
>> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:54:38 -0400, "Moonbeam"
>> > wrote:
>>

><snippity doo dah>
>

>Niki just posted that your mails were getting refused by
>my ISP. I hate it when folks manipulate my life for "My
>Own Good". I'll see what I can do about that.

Friends of mine in Washington State took it all the way up to your
version of the Minister of Consumer Affairs. They were issued an
address that by-passed this problem. I understand there are class
Action suits against Verizon.

Verizon will'accept' incoming if one provides ignorantly more info
than I would ever give out to a Foreign Company. SCRRM!

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 00:35:37 -0400, "Moonbeam"
> wrote:

>Mr.Demidavicius and Mr.Bricker....... I, for one am tired of this childish
>bickering and would really it to stop. I am an old woman with a big mouth

>I'm not exactly apologizing. I just want you to understand my state of mind
>when all this started, and that I am not a dumb hillbilly. I have a college
>degree and my
>husband has a Phd in chemical engineering and I do live in
>appalachia.....Eastern Kentucky.
>
>Wanda c.(Moonbeam) Humphrey

Nobody, especially me, question your IQ's , Achievements, etc - that
is not relevant. What is relevant that is a bunch of crossposts to
THIS NG annoyed us and we would rather you play by our 'rules' in our
NG - or go away. OK? Enough regulars have ash canned you - this
should be a hint.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 03:14:57 GMT, "
> wrote:

>On 26-Oct-2007, Denny Wheeler > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:00:25 -0400, "Moonbeam"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
>> >Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
>> >Buggman been with us?????
>> >Moonbeam

>> Let's see if "Moonbeam" is bright enough to figure out that Dave B. is
>> NOT in the appalachian newsgroup (nor am I, nor Brick, nor...) but
>> rather in alt.food.barbecue.
>>
>> (note that I am NOT crossposting to that group, nor will I--at least
>> not from here; I'd go to googly-gropes were I going to do that.)
>>
>> -denny-

>Just in case anybody gives a shit, I will no longer see anything
>that is cross posted at all. And I will make sure that if I desire
>to address more then one newsgroup, I will post them separately.

Providing the Verizon Nazis let you Brick . . .

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Moonbeam" > wrote:
> Mr.Demidavicius and Mr.Bricker....... I, for one am tired of this
> childish bickering and would really it to stop. [ . . . ]
> Wanda c.(Moonbeam) Humphrey

Ms. Moonbeam,

Please note that Dave Bugg initially provided some good information to 'Guv
Bob'. Guv's insistence on speaking pseudo-Appalachian pidgin English is a
bore. While I'm sure that you're a very nice, well educated woman, I find
your introduction to this group somewhat presumptuous. I'm glad you've
joined the group and hope you will become a productive member. Thank you
for not x-posting.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Moonbeam" > wrote in message
> . I have a college degree and my
> husband has a Phd in chemical engineering and I do live in
> appalachia.....Eastern Kentucky.
>
> Wanda c.(Moonbeam) Humphrey

Did your mother ever tell you the line about "know my friends, know me"?
Associating yourself with an illiterate wannabe makes us judge you to be the
same. If you want to paint a picture for us, showing people in Appalachia
talk funny, feel free to do so.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

Chief Instigator:
> Down here, where barbecue is one of the national sports of Texas, we've
> got
> all sorts of opportunities to pick from: Demeris, Pappas (who
> unfortunately
> bought out Luther's), the Mikeska Brothers in Temple, Taylor, El Campo,
> and
> Columbus, Drexler's on the southeast edge of downtown, and even the fake
> Luling City Market that's on Richmond a few blocks east of the West Loop
> (and
> has absolutely nothing to do with the *real* city market in Luling, which
> is
> about 135 miles away from Houston)...and that's before you get down into
> south
> Texas, where the art originated.

I will be in the general area of Pasadena & LaPorte in a few weeks. I been
to Pappadeaux near Kemah, and enjoyed it. If you have a few favorite places
to eat in mind, I would like to hear it. Especially since the Guv said he'd
pick up the tab.

--
Must be... Idjit... aka Booger

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wondered why Mr. Bugg (if he was not amused by Bob's posts) didn't just
> ignore them instead of all the talk about kill file etc. As to the cross
> posting...I have

well, your egocentric friend needs to realize that everyone does not use
english as a first language. and his yuck, yuck, corn cob pipe/overall
wearing patois must be very confusing/insulting to those that have worked to
learn to communicate with us, as we haven't worked to talk with them.

also, this is not a stage for him to try out his 'comedy' routine. take it
back to the hills and contribute some barbecue info.

joe
petersburg (sorry if you don't get it, buy a vowel) alaska

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 27-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:50:20 GMT, "
> > wrote:
>

> >On 26-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:
> >
> >> And who the Heck are you?
> >> Harry
> >>
> >> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:54:38 -0400, "Moonbeam"
> >>

> ><snippity doo dah>
> >

> >Niki just posted that your mails were getting refused by
> >my ISP. I hate it when folks manipulate my life for "My
> >Own Good". I'll see what I can do about that.

> Friends of mine in Washington State took it all the way up to your
> version of the Minister of Consumer Affairs. They were issued an
> address that by-passed this problem. I understand there are class
> Action suits against Verizon.
>
> Verizon will'accept' incoming if one provides ignorantly more info
> than I would ever give out to a Foreign Company. SCRRM!
>
> Harry

I have encountered problems of one kind or another regardless of my
ISP with the exception of a little Tampa company called Internet
Junction. Everyone else seems to have problems that they can't or
won't overcome. I've had outgoing mail blocked because my then
ISP did too little to control SPAM from their own clients. This is my
fist encounter with incoming being blocked by my own ISP.

I've sent them a nastygram which I will followup with a persoanl
visit to my local Verizon store early next week. I will follow that
up with a formal complaint to the Florida Department Of Consumer
Affairs.

Anybody getting mail bounced by my ISP is encouraged to use
.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 27-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 03:14:57 GMT, "
> > wrote:
>

> >On 26-Oct-2007, Denny Wheeler >
> >wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:00:25 -0400, "Moonbeam"

> >> Let's see if "Moonbeam" is bright enough to figure out that Dave B. is
> >> NOT in the appalachian newsgroup (nor am I, nor Brick, nor...) but
> >> rather in alt.food.barbecue.
> >>
> >> (note that I am NOT crossposting to that group, nor will I--at least
> >> not from here; I'd go to googly-gropes were I going to do that.)
> >>
> >> -denny-

> >Just in case anybody gives a shit, I will no longer see anything
> >that is cross posted at all. And I will make sure that if I desire
> >to address more then one newsgroup, I will post them separately.

> Providing the Verizon Nazis let you Brick . . .
>
> Harry

So far they haven't been screwing with my USENET (fingers crossed)

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

"Idjit BoB" > wrote in message news:zSIUi.80$MW.20@trndny05...
> Chief Instigator:
> > Down here, where barbecue is one of the national sports of Texas, we've
> > got
> > all sorts of opportunities to pick from: Demeris, Pappas (who
> > unfortunately
> > bought out Luther's), the Mikeska Brothers in Temple, Taylor, El Campo,
> > and
> > Columbus, Drexler's on the southeast edge of downtown, and even the fake
> > Luling City Market that's on Richmond a few blocks east of the West Loop
> > (and
> > has absolutely nothing to do with the *real* city market in Luling, which
> > is
> > about 135 miles away from Houston)...and that's before you get down into
> > south
> > Texas, where the art originated.

> I will be in the general area of Pasadena & LaPorte in a few weeks. I been
> to Pappadeaux near Kemah, and enjoyed it. If you have a few favorite places
> to eat in mind, I would like to hear it. Especially since the Guv said he'd
> pick up the tab.
>
> --
> Must be... Idjit... aka Booger

I'd bee more than happy tewl pick up the tab awl raht, Booger Idjit, up to $6 (including tax & tip).

Guv Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology

> wrote in message

**** the text, let's get the kibo's involved.

Gormless bunch

Graeme

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme....in London" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> **** the text, let's get the kibo's involved.
>
> Gormless bunch

You do have an evil sense of humour, old boy!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology

Graeme....in London wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> **** the text, let's get the kibo's involved.
>
> Gormless bunch

Feeling a bit sadistic, are we Graeme :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Graeme....in London wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> >
> > **** the text, let's get the kibo's involved.
> >
> > Gormless bunch

> Feeling a bit sadistic, are we Graeme :-)

No need to x-post, is there, Dave? ;-/

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> **** the text, let's get the kibo's involved.
>>>
>>> Gormless bunch

>> Feeling a bit sadistic, are we Graeme :-)

> No need to x-post, is there, Dave? ;-/

There sure isn't. I didn't even look since I was replying to Graeme.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology

Graeme....in London > wrote:
> wrote in message
>
>**** the text, let's get the kibo's involved.

sorry
we are all either
on vacation or
ON FIRE
in bed the clown
please leave a message at the sound
of the honking nose

>Gormless bunch

Dave "I wonder where Ruth is" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

"Idjit BoB" > writes:

>Chief Instigator:

>> Down here, where barbecue is one of the national sports of Texas, we've got
>> all sorts of opportunities to pick from: Demeris, Pappas (who unfortunately
>> bought out Luther's), the Mikeska Brothers in Temple, Taylor, El Campo, and
>> Columbus, Drexler's on the southeast edge of downtown, and even the fake
>> Luling City Market that's on Richmond a few blocks east of the West Loop
>> (and has absolutely nothing to do with the *real* city market in Luling,
>> which is about 135 miles away from Houston)...and that's before you get
>> down into south Texas, where the art originated.

>I will be in the general area of Pasadena & LaPorte in a few weeks. I been to
>Pappadeaux near Kemah, and enjoyed it. If you have a few favorite places to
>eat in mind, I would like to hear it. Especially since the Guv said he'd pick
>up the tab.

I've avoided Kemah (a/k/a Tillman Fertittaville) for at least the last decade,
since the Kemah Boardwalk tourist trap sprang up in the late '90s. I'm around
40 miles away on the southwest side of the city...but if you're looking for
Cajun, Razzoo's (at The Fountain in Stafford) might be worth a look. Of
course, there's also the Pappas Seafood location on 59 three blocks east of me
and Mrs. Chief, too.

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2007-08 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
LAST GAME: Houston 6, San Antonio 5 (SO) (October 19)
NEXT GAME: Saturday, October 27 at San Antonio, 7:05
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Graeme....in London wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>
>> **** the text, let's get the kibo's involved.
>>
>> Gormless bunch

> Feeling a bit sadistic, are we Graeme :-)

83% of all sadistics are made up.

--

Truth matters, God doesn't and life sucks.

-- House, M.D.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> **** the text, let's get the kibo's involved.
>>>
>>> Gormless bunch
>>>

>> Feeling a bit sadistic, are we Graeme :-)
>>

> No need to x-post, is there, Dave? ;-/

Well, actually there is... between alt.appalachian and the kibos No
need to alt.food.barbecue involved....

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

> >> Feeling a bit sadistic, are we Graeme :-)

> > No need to x-post, is there, Dave? ;-/

> There sure isn't. I didn't even look since I was replying to Graeme.

Of course, I've NEVER done that" ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mike Avery wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> Feeling a bit sadistic, are we Graeme :-)
>>>

>> No need to x-post, is there, Dave? ;-/
>>

> Well, actually there is... between alt.appalachian and the kibos No
> need to alt.food.barbecue involved....

Ahhh... the one true purpose of Followup-to: lines ;-)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:58:23 GMT, "
> wrote:

>On 27-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:50:20 GMT, "
>> > wrote:

>> ><snippity doo dah>
>> >

>> >Niki just posted that your mails were getting refused by
>> >my ISP. I hate it when folks manipulate my life for "My
>> >Own Good". I'll see what I can do about that.

>> Friends of mine in Washington State took it all the way up to your
>> version of the Minister of Consumer Affairs. They were issued an
>> address that by-passed this problem. I understand there are class
>> Action suits against Verizon.
>>
>> Verizon will'accept' incoming if one provides ignorantly more info
>> than I would ever give out to a Foreign Company. SCRRM!
>>
>> Harry

>I have encountered problems of one kind or another regardless of my
>ISP with the exception of a little Tampa company called Internet
>Junction. Everyone else seems to have problems that they can't or
>won't overcome. I've had outgoing mail blocked because my then
>ISP did too little to control SPAM from their own clients. This is my
>fist encounter with incoming being blocked by my own ISP.
>
>I've sent them a nastygram which I will followup with a persoanl
>visit to my local Verizon store early next week. I will follow that
>up with a formal complaint to the Florida Department Of Consumer
>Affairs.
>
>Anybody getting mail bounced by my ISP is encouraged to use
.

Howard - please introduce yourself as a friend of mine to Kaari Jae,
who now lives in Seattle who is on top of this BS. She's been where
you are planning to head. Verizon issued her an address that
by-passes all that BS.

I warned you about this early on BTW . . . .
If you want to discuss this, e-mail me and I'll phone you.

HAD
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dana Myers wrote:
> Mike Avery wrote:
>
>> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> No need to x-post, is there, Dave? ;-/
>>>

>> Well, actually there is... between alt.appalachian and the kibos No
>> need to alt.food.barbecue involved....
>>

> Ahhh... the one true purpose of Followup-to: lines ;-)

It's not that hard to subscribe to one of the other newsgroups just long
enough to sow dissent. Which takes care of the followup lines. If you
want to get really circumspect, you can always create a google, msn, or
yahoo mail account for long enough to send an untraceable email.

Mike

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Good move, Exlax!! :O)

"Default User" > wrote in message ...
> Dave Bugg wrote:
>
> > Spud wrote:
> > > .

> > > Man, you guys taught him a lesson he'll never forget! The dreaded
> > > <Plonk!!>

> > Your sarcasm and lack of wit is duly noted. There was no 'lesson'.
> > He's free to post whatever and however he wishes; this is an
> > unmoderated ng. I also think it's fair to let somone I've helped in
> > the past understand why I find his posts objectionable and why I
> > won't see his postings or offer further help.

> Yeah, old Spud doesn't seem to like public plonks. Which is his
> perogative, of course.
>
> I didn't really see any point in plonking the individual in this case,
> I just filtered the cross-posted newsgroup. I only see the ones that
> aren't crossed.
>

> Brian
>
> --
> If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> won't shut up.
> -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message ...
> Denny Wheeler wrote:
> > On 26 Oct 2007 07:14:11 -0500, The Chief Instigator
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> and that's before you get down into south
> >> Texas, where the art originated.

> > Well, now that's a subject for debate.
> >
> > Almost anywhere in the SE has a reasonable claim to being where BBQ
> > originated. Texas is very likely the original home of *beef* BBQ.
> >
> > Pork, beef, chicken, etc--it's all good when done reasonably well.

> Not only that, but texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no white
> or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
> barbecue became established as an American cuisine.

What about possum?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message ...
> On 25 Oct 2007 22:55:19 -0500, The Chief Instigator
> > wrote:

> >>Sure you have. And your post is all we need to know about you.

> >Maybe, but barbecue in Washington State? I hope it's better than what we had
> >in Long Beach a few years ago...

> No idea what you had in Long Beach--but Dave's BBQ is known to many of
> us in afb, and we think highly of it. There are some other good BBQ
> places in the state, too. Of course there are many of the other
> sort--but then there's always Sturgeon's Law.

Are you talking about this place?

StarRibs South dba Famous Dave's Pit BBQ
300 South Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802

Guv Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"Guv Bob" > wrote in message

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On 25 Oct 2007 22:55:19 -0500, The Chief Instigator
> > wrote:

> >>Sure you have. And your post is all we need to know about you.

> >Maybe, but barbecue in Washington State? I hope it's better than what we
> >had
> >in Long Beach a few years ago...

> No idea what you had in Long Beach--but Dave's BBQ is known to many of
> us in afb, and we think highly of it. There are some other good BBQ
> places in the state, too. Of course there are many of the other
> sort--but then there's always Sturgeon's Law.

Are you talking about this place?

StarRibs South dba Famous Dave's Pit BBQ
300 South Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802

Guv Bob

Who wants tofu BBQ? With a side of sprouts no less.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"Guv Bob" > wrote in message

> Not only that, but Texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no white
> or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
> barbecue became established as an American cuisine.

What about possum?

Two points:

Armadillo aka possum on the half shell

Second Texas, Arizona, NM and surrounding areas had white and black
settlers BEFORE WASP 'infested' the east coast.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"NotMe" > wrote in message
> "Guv Bob" > wrote in message
>
>> Not only that, but Texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no
>> white
>> or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
>> barbecue became established as an American cuisine.

> What about possum?
>
> Two points:
>
> Armadillo aka possum on the half shell

BWAAAAA!!! I lik that one.