Old 28-10-2007, 10:09 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message ...
Denny Wheeler wrote:
On 26 Oct 2007 07:14:11 -0500, The Chief Instigator
wrote:

and that's before you get down into south
Texas, where the art originated.

Well, now that's a subject for debate.

Almost anywhere in the SE has a reasonable claim to being where BBQ
originated. Texas is very likely the original home of *beef* BBQ.

Pork, beef, chicken, etc--it's all good when done reasonably well.

Not only that, but texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no white
or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
barbecue became established as an American cuisine.

What about possum?

Old 28-10-2007, 10:09 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"Denny Wheeler" wrote in message ...
On 25 Oct 2007 22:55:19 -0500, The Chief Instigator
wrote:

"Dave Bugg" writes:

Moonbeam wrote:

Don't know you "buggman" but have known the Gov for many a year. .....

Sure you have. And your post is all we need to know about you.

Maybe, but barbecue in Washington State? I hope it's better than what we had
in Long Beach a few years ago...

No idea what you had in Long Beach--but Dave's BBQ is known to many of
us in afb, and we think highly of it. There are some other good BBQ
places in the state, too. Of course there are many of the other
sort--but then there's always Sturgeon's Law.

Are you talking about this place?

StarRibs South dba Famous Dave's Pit BBQ
300 South Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802

Guv Bob

Old 28-10-2007, 03:18 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

news:dlYUi.3725$R%[email protected]

wrote:

"Dave Bugg" writes:

Moonbeam wrote:

Don't know you "buggman" but have known the Gov for many a year. ....

Sure you have. And your post is all we need to know about you.

Maybe, but barbecue in Washington State? I hope it's better than what we
had
in Long Beach a few years ago...

No idea what you had in Long Beach--but Dave's BBQ is known to many of
us in afb, and we think highly of it. There are some other good BBQ
places in the state, too. Of course there are many of the other
sort--but then there's always Sturgeon's Law.

Are you talking about this place?

StarRibs South dba Famous Dave's Pit BBQ
300 South Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802

Guv Bob

Who wants tofu BBQ? With a side of sprouts no less.

Old 28-10-2007, 03:25 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
news:clYUi.3724$R%[email protected]

Not only that, but Texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no white
or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
barbecue became established as an American cuisine.

What about possum?

Two points:

Armadillo aka possum on the half shell

Second Texas, Arizona, NM and surrounding areas had white and black
settlers BEFORE WASP 'infested' the east coast.

Old 28-10-2007, 07:09 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"NotMe" wrote in message
"Guv Bob" wrote in message
news:clYUi.3724$R%[email protected]

Not only that, but Texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no
white
or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
barbecue became established as an American cuisine.

What about possum?

Two points:

Armadillo aka possum on the half shell

BWAAAAA!!! I lik that one.

--
Must be... Idjit... aka Booger

Old 28-10-2007, 09:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

Welp! I shore dew appreciate the extry fine conversation and so as an extry small token, please excep this as paymint in full.

Thank yew and so long boys (the longer the better hyuk hyuk)

Guv Bob

PS - A spayshul gift has bin posted at alt.binaries.appalachian four yore eddie-fication! Don't spend it awl in won place, boys!!

Old 28-10-2007, 09:58 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

"Idjit BoB" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

| "NotMe"
|
| What about possum?
|
| Armadillo aka possum on the half shell
|
| BWAAAAA!!! I lik that one.

I do too in fact the last one I had was ... a bit greasy but delicious.

Old 29-10-2007, 05:56 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology

Tonto \"Bruce\" Goldstein wrote:
83% of all sadistics are made up.

It rubs the powder on its skin . . .