Barbecue (alt.food.barbecue) Discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers to salmon to vegetables.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 04:14 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 78
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??


On 26-Oct-2007, Denny Wheeler wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:00:25 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:


I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
Buggman been with us?????
Moonbeam


Let's see if "Moonbeam" is bright enough to figure out that Dave B. is
NOT in the appalachian newsgroup (nor am I, nor Brick, nor...) but
rather in alt.food.barbecue.

(note that I am NOT crossposting to that group, nor will I--at least
not from here; I'd go to googly-gropes were I going to do that.)

-denny-


Just in case anybody gives a shit, I will no longer see anything
that is cross posted at all. And I will make sure that if I desire
to address more then one newsgroup, I will post them separately.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

  #47 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 04:23 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 78
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??


On 26-Oct-2007, "Dave Bugg" wrote:

Denny Wheeler wrote:
On 26 Oct 2007 07:14:11 -0500, The Chief Instigator
wrote:

and that's before you get down into south
Texas, where the art originated.


Well, now that's a subject for debate.

Almost anywhere in the SE has a reasonable claim to being where BBQ
originated. Texas is very likely the original home of *beef* BBQ.

Pork, beef, chicken, etc--it's all good when done reasonably well.


Not only that, but texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no white

or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
barbecue became established as an American cuisine.
--
Dave


I'm drunker'n all of you and I still know better then to debate this lame
subject. Shame on you.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
  #48 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 04:32 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,973
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

And who the Heck are you?
Harry

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:54:38 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:


Guv.......Yourealize that me and you are the only one that know this because
Buggman has killed our files or something like that. He's back at his
BarBQue
shack dishin out that special barbque. I was goin to tell him about your
yearly "bald eagle" barbque, but since he messed with our file he'll never
know. How
sad.

Moonbeam


"Guv Bob" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
About that long............................................, Moonbeam! :O)

"Moonbeam" wrote in message
.. .

I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
Buggman been with us?????
Moonbeam




"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
...
wrote:
On 25-Oct-2007, "Dave Bugg" wrote:

Guv Bob wrote:
Deer Mister Sqwertz,

Go squert up a rope. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :OD

Sorry Guv, but this top-posting, wanna-be faux Appalachian, in-bred
hick routine is just too tiresome and aggravating. I've tried to be
fair to you,
to give you a chance to play well with others, and hoped you would be
respectful enough of the NG to tone it down. I guess it ain't gonna
happen.
With you in my kill-file, you can post all the nonsensical crap you
want, but I won't see it.

If there is anyone left who still hasn't kill-filed Guv in the
future, and

he decides to grow up and act like a normal person, let me know and
I'll un-killfile him.

Plonk!!

--
Dave

It won't be me Dave because I just Plonk'd his sorry ass.

That's the problem folks like Guv face: eventually he may be killfiled
by
everyone on the ng and end up just talkin' to himself.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com




  #49 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 04:39 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,973
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

On 26 Oct 2007 00:08:37 -0500, The Chief Instigator
wrote:

"Moonbeam" writes:

I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
Buggman been with us?????
Moonbeam


He's a bit removed from Appalachia...as in Washington state (and Chelan
County).


Why don't you guys take your Appalachian Asses back to Appalachia and
don't let the door hit your Appalachian Asses on the way out.

Harry
  #50 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 05:35 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

Mr.Demidavicius and Mr.Bricker....... I, for one am tired of this childish
bickering and would really it to stop. I am an old woman with a big mouth
and Gov Bob
has been a good friend for many, many years so when I read Mr. Bugg's post
that was! so rough on Bob my mouth started before my brain and the fuss
began. I also
wondered why Mr. Bugg (if he was not amused by Bob's posts) didn't just
ignore them instead of all the talk about kill file etc. As to the cross
posting...I have
never cross posted especially to the barBque NG. I just subscribed to it a
week or so ago. I posted to alt appalachian . Why and how it ended up on the
"que"
ng, I have no idea! I honestly don't.
I'm not exactly apologizing. I just want you to understand my state of mind
when all this started, and that I am not a dumb hillbilly. I have a college
degree and my
husband has a Phd in chemical engineering and I do live in
appalachia.....Eastern Kentucky.

Wanda c.(Moonbeam) Humphrey




"Harry Demidavicius" wrote in message
...
On 26 Oct 2007 00:08:37 -0500, The Chief Instigator
wrote:

"Moonbeam" writes:

I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
Buggman been with us?????
Moonbeam


He's a bit removed from Appalachia...as in Washington state (and Chelan
County).


Why don't you guys take your Appalachian Asses back to Appalachia and
don't let the door hit your Appalachian Asses on the way out.

Harry






  #51 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 05:50 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 78
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??


On 26-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius wrote:

And who the Heck are you?
Harry

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:54:38 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:



snippity doo dah


Niki just posted that your mails were getting refused by
my ISP. I hate it when folks manipulate my life for "My
Own Good". I'll see what I can do about that.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
  #52 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 06:58 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,973
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:50:20 GMT, "
wrote:


On 26-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius wrote:

And who the Heck are you?
Harry

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:54:38 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:



snippity doo dah


Niki just posted that your mails were getting refused by
my ISP. I hate it when folks manipulate my life for "My
Own Good". I'll see what I can do about that.


Friends of mine in Washington State took it all the way up to your
version of the Minister of Consumer Affairs. They were issued an
address that by-passed this problem. I understand there are class
Action suits against Verizon.

Verizon will'accept' incoming if one provides ignorantly more info
than I would ever give out to a Foreign Company. SCRRM!

Harry
  #53 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 07:09 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,973
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 00:35:37 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:

Mr.Demidavicius and Mr.Bricker....... I, for one am tired of this childish
bickering and would really it to stop. I am an old woman with a big mouth


I'm not exactly apologizing. I just want you to understand my state of mind
when all this started, and that I am not a dumb hillbilly. I have a college
degree and my
husband has a Phd in chemical engineering and I do live in
appalachia.....Eastern Kentucky.

Wanda c.(Moonbeam) Humphrey

Nobody, especially me, question your IQ's , Achievements, etc - that
is not relevant. What is relevant that is a bunch of crossposts to
THIS NG annoyed us and we would rather you play by our 'rules' in our
NG - or go away. OK? Enough regulars have ash canned you - this
should be a hint.

Harry
  #54 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 07:12 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,973
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 03:14:57 GMT, "
wrote:


On 26-Oct-2007, Denny Wheeler wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:00:25 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:


I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself is
Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long has
Buggman been with us?????
Moonbeam


Let's see if "Moonbeam" is bright enough to figure out that Dave B. is
NOT in the appalachian newsgroup (nor am I, nor Brick, nor...) but
rather in alt.food.barbecue.

(note that I am NOT crossposting to that group, nor will I--at least
not from here; I'd go to googly-gropes were I going to do that.)

-denny-


Just in case anybody gives a shit, I will no longer see anything
that is cross posted at all. And I will make sure that if I desire
to address more then one newsgroup, I will post them separately.


Providing the Verizon Nazis let you Brick . . .

Harry
  #55 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 07:44 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,296
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

"Moonbeam" wrote:
Mr.Demidavicius and Mr.Bricker....... I, for one am tired of this
childish bickering and would really it to stop. [ . . . ]
Wanda c.(Moonbeam) Humphrey


Ms. Moonbeam,

Please note that Dave Bugg initially provided some good information to 'Guv
Bob'. Guv's insistence on speaking pseudo-Appalachian pidgin English is a
bore. While I'm sure that you're a very nice, well educated woman, I find
your introduction to this group somewhat presumptuous. I'm glad you've
joined the group and hope you will become a productive member. Thank you
for not x-posting.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War. They
are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~


  #56 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 11:31 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,799
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??


"Moonbeam" wrote in message
. I have a college degree and my
husband has a Phd in chemical engineering and I do live in
appalachia.....Eastern Kentucky.

Wanda c.(Moonbeam) Humphrey


Did your mother ever tell you the line about "know my friends, know me"?
Associating yourself with an illiterate wannabe makes us judge you to be the
same. If you want to paint a picture for us, showing people in Appalachia
talk funny, feel free to do so.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/


  #57 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 04:32 PM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

Chief Instigator:
Down here, where barbecue is one of the national sports of Texas, we've
got
all sorts of opportunities to pick from: Demeris, Pappas (who
unfortunately
bought out Luther's), the Mikeska Brothers in Temple, Taylor, El Campo,
and
Columbus, Drexler's on the southeast edge of downtown, and even the fake
Luling City Market that's on Richmond a few blocks east of the West Loop
(and
has absolutely nothing to do with the *real* city market in Luling, which
is
about 135 miles away from Houston)...and that's before you get down into
south
Texas, where the art originated.


I will be in the general area of Pasadena & LaPorte in a few weeks. I been
to Pappadeaux near Kemah, and enjoyed it. If you have a few favorite places
to eat in mind, I would like to hear it. Especially since the Guv said he'd
pick up the tab.

--
Must be... Idjit... aka Booger

  #58 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 04:47 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,346
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

wondered why Mr. Bugg (if he was not amused by Bob's posts) didn't just
ignore them instead of all the talk about kill file etc. As to the cross
posting...I have


well, your egocentric friend needs to realize that everyone does not use
english as a first language. and his yuck, yuck, corn cob pipe/overall
wearing patois must be very confusing/insulting to those that have worked to
learn to communicate with us, as we haven't worked to talk with them.

also, this is not a stage for him to try out his 'comedy' routine. take it
back to the hills and contribute some barbecue info.

joe
petersburg (sorry if you don't get it, buy a vowel) alaska


  #59 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 05:58 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 78
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??


On 27-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius wrote:

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:50:20 GMT, "
wrote:


On 26-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius wrote:

And who the Heck are you?
Harry

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:54:38 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:



snippity doo dah


Niki just posted that your mails were getting refused by
my ISP. I hate it when folks manipulate my life for "My
Own Good". I'll see what I can do about that.


Friends of mine in Washington State took it all the way up to your
version of the Minister of Consumer Affairs. They were issued an
address that by-passed this problem. I understand there are class
Action suits against Verizon.

Verizon will'accept' incoming if one provides ignorantly more info
than I would ever give out to a Foreign Company. SCRRM!

Harry


I have encountered problems of one kind or another regardless of my
ISP with the exception of a little Tampa company called Internet
Junction. Everyone else seems to have problems that they can't or
won't overcome. I've had outgoing mail blocked because my then
ISP did too little to control SPAM from their own clients. This is my
fist encounter with incoming being blocked by my own ISP.

I've sent them a nastygram which I will followup with a persoanl
visit to my local Verizon store early next week. I will follow that
up with a formal complaint to the Florida Department Of Consumer
Affairs.

Anybody getting mail bounced by my ISP is encouraged to use
.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
  #60 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-10-2007, 05:59 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 78
Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??


On 27-Oct-2007, Harry Demidavicius wrote:

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 03:14:57 GMT, "
wrote:


On 26-Oct-2007, Denny Wheeler
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:00:25 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:


I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself
is
Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How long
has
Buggman been with us?????
Moonbeam

Let's see if "Moonbeam" is bright enough to figure out that Dave B. is
NOT in the appalachian newsgroup (nor am I, nor Brick, nor...) but
rather in alt.food.barbecue.

(note that I am NOT crossposting to that group, nor will I--at least
not from here; I'd go to googly-gropes were I going to do that.)

-denny-


Just in case anybody gives a shit, I will no longer see anything
that is cross posted at all. And I will make sure that if I desire
to address more then one newsgroup, I will post them separately.


Providing the Verizon Nazis let you Brick . . .

Harry


So far they haven't been screwing with my USENET (fingers crossed)

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!?? - Part 2 Guv Bob Barbecue 7 27-10-2007 04:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017