Old 26-10-2007, 07:03 AM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

Default Which one of yew fellers 's HONGRY !!??

"Guv Bob" writes:

Whur did you eat in Long Beech, Chief? Wasn't Johnny Reb's wuz it?

Not even close...we got a Carl's Jr. three or four blocks from the Long Beach
Arena. (This was a few years before they assimilated Hardees.)

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2007-08 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

Old 26-10-2007, 08:03 AM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

"The Chief Instigator" wrote in message ...
"Guv Bob" writes:

Whur did you eat in Long Beech, Chief? Wasn't Johnny Reb's wuz it?

Not even close...we got a Carl's Jr. three or four blocks from the Long Beach
Arena. (This was a few years before they assimilated Hardees.)

Carl's Junior!!?? You didn't actually EAT it, did you, Chief?! Sorry to have to tell yew, my good man, butt that wasn't technically "real" meat. (Hint -- they ain't any stray cats in Long Beach.)

Next time check this out... No "technically" barbeque, but at least it's feline-free...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D4D5x-b62E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5DPi7GtcM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVnPlUCrf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OepD7u4Yefc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjkllosIdo

Guv Bob

Old 26-10-2007, 11:42 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:24:31 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:

snip

You probably didn't see the whole exchange, or the times Dave
("buggman"--who posts under his own name, as do I, and most others in
afb) has helped "Gov" out with good advice. Dave politely requested
he drop the 'hillbilly speak' writing. He chose not to. shrug

-denny-

Hillbilly? I thought he was trying for Hillary Clinton.
Old 26-10-2007, 01:14 PM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

"Guv Bob" writes:

Whur did you eat in Long Beech, Chief? Wasn't Johnny Reb's wuz it?

Not even close...we got a Carl's Jr. three or four blocks from the Long
Beach Arena. (This was a few years before they assimilated Hardees.)

Carl's Junior!!?? You didn't actually EAT it, did you, Chief?! Sorry to
have to tell yew, my good man, butt that wasn't technically "real" meat.
(Hint -- they ain't any stray cats in Long Beach.)

On that visit, we were staying at the hotel between the Arena and the Queen
Mary. (It was a short walk over to what passed for a mall.)

Next time check this out... No "technically" barbeque, but at least it's
feline-free...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D4D5x-b62E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5DPi7GtcM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVnPlUCrf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OepD7u4Yefc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjkllosIdo

Down here, where barbecue is one of the national sports of Texas, we've got
all sorts of opportunities to pick from: Demeris, Pappas (who unfortunately
bought out Luther's), the Mikeska Brothers in Temple, Taylor, El Campo, and
Columbus, Drexler's on the southeast edge of downtown, and even the fake
Luling City Market that's on Richmond a few blocks east of the West Loop (and
has absolutely nothing to do with the *real* city market in Luling, which is
about 135 miles away from Houston)...and that's before you get down into south
Texas, where the art originated.

Old 26-10-2007, 01:59 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

snippage

That's the problem folks like Guv face: eventually he may be killfiled by
everyone on the ng and end up just talkin' to himself.

Or morphing...

Old 26-10-2007, 02:06 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Moonbeam wrote:

snippage

How long has Buggman been with us?????
Moonbeam

Since about 2003... and you?
Old 26-10-2007, 03:51 PM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

Moonbeam:
Don't know you "buggman" but have known the Gov for many a year. He
doesn't use the nasty four lettered profanity that a bunch of the
"newbies" seem to think
makes them sound intelligent. He is not a "faux appalachian", having come
from North Carolina and if you are normal, thank God he'll never grow up.
There's something wrong with you son!!!!!!

Now now Moonbeam. You know better than to encourage the Guv.

--
Must be... Idjit

Old 26-10-2007, 03:54 PM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

Moonbeam:
Don't know you "buggman" but have known the Gov for many a year. ....

Dave Bugg:
Sure you have. And your post is all we need to know about you.

Leave Moonbeam alone. She's a nice lady. Otherwise... thems fightin'
werds!!!

--
Must be... Idjit

Old 26-10-2007, 03:59 PM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

Default Dave Bugg and John Childers - the same person?? Ah hehn!!

Moonbeam:
Don't know you "buggman" but have known the Gov for many a year. ....

Dave Buggs:
Sure you have. And your post is all we need to know about you.

Guv:
Now yew looky hyar, Dave the Booger.

******EDITED, BUT KEPT THE BEST PARTS******

Thank yew and have a pleasant eventing.

Guv Bob

"And yore welcome"
--- Idjit BoB (the REEL McCoy Booger)

Guv, didn't think yew cared. Got a tear in my one good eye.

--
Must be... Idjit... aka Booger

Old 26-10-2007, 04:06 PM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

DB:
That's the problem folks like Guv face: eventually he may be killfiled by
everyone on the ng and end up just talkin' to himself.

With an uppity attitude like that, who'd want to talk to yew anyways.
Havin' to advertise yer kill filing people must make yew feel purty
sooperior don't it? Ya moron!

--
Must be... Idjit... aka Booger

Old 26-10-2007, 05:25 PM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

"Idjit BoB" writes:

Moonbeam:
Don't know you "buggman" but have known the Gov for many a year. ....

Dave Bugg:
Sure you have. And your post is all we need to know about you.

Leave Moonbeam alone. She's a nice lady. Otherwise... thems fightin'
werds!!!

I agree with that, even if I'm a bit biased. ;-)

Old 26-10-2007, 07:34 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

Spud wrote:
.

Plonk!!
_______________________

Man, you guys taught him a lesson he'll never forget! The dreaded
Plonk!!

Your sarcasm and lack of wit is duly noted. There was no 'lesson'.
He's free to post whatever and however he wishes; this is an
unmoderated ng. I also think it's fair to let somone I've helped in
the past understand why I find his posts objectionable and why I
won't see his postings or offer further help.

Yeah, old Spud doesn't seem to like public plonks. Which is his
perogative, of course.

I didn't really see any point in plonking the individual in this case,
I just filtered the cross-posted newsgroup. I only see the ones that
aren't crossed.

Brian

won't shut up.
Old 27-10-2007, 12:47 AM posted to alt.appalachian,alt.food.barbecue

wrote in message

Wahl, I am sure glad I got back from my trip in time to read this
Paddy. What do you mean unfortunately Pappas bought out Luthers. That
was the only thing short of closing that could save that pit called
Luthers. There are not many bad Q places in Texas but Luthers topped
the list. Terrible food and always overpriced.

Madee? We be tawking bout the HONGRIES hyar... not about one of them podunk places in godawful Texas that calles thur slop BBQ. I ain't never bin to any place butt Texas that allows folks to relabel catsup bottles "Gen-yew-wine Texas Barbeque Sauce", mark the price up 5 times and sell it at the airport tew unsuspecting dumb folks like my self. Yes, frens, it wuz I, Guv Bob, hoo bawt that bottle oncest and am still feeling the queezies months later.

Guv Bob
"Only reel barbeque is frum western Nawrth Kerliner and that's it, boys!"
-- from George Washington's Address to the Troops, 1777

Old 27-10-2007, 02:34 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
On 26 Oct 2007 07:14:11 -0500, The Chief Instigator
wrote:

and that's before you get down into south
Texas, where the art originated.

Well, now that's a subject for debate.

Almost anywhere in the SE has a reasonable claim to being where BBQ
originated. Texas is very likely the original home of *beef* BBQ.

Pork, beef, chicken, etc--it's all good when done reasonably well.

Not only that, but texas didn't even exist as a territory and had no white
or black settlers when the original eastern colonies were settled and
barbecue became established as an American cuisine.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 27-10-2007, 02:36 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:00:25 -0400, "Moonbeam"
wrote:

I'll bet a pewter button that the one who ends up talking to himself
is Buggman.The Guv has been on this NG for a long, long time. How
long has Buggman been with us?????
Moonbeam

Let's see if "Moonbeam" is bright enough to figure out that Dave B. is
NOT in the appalachian newsgroup (nor am I, nor Brick, nor...) but
rather in alt.food.barbecue.

That's asking way too much, Denny.

--
Dave