Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default New pit

Hey guys/gals, Barbecues Galore just opened near my home, so after
messing around for about a year with my little tiny Char-Grill water
smoker (with good results), I've got the bug to move up a tad.
Unfortunately, when I got there and got to actually do my touchy-feely
thing with the stuff they had to offer, I am now unable to decide. In
the running is;

A. WSM.
B. Bar-B-Chef Offset.
C. Masterbuilt Stainless Electric.

I'm looking for opinions, pros and cons on any or all of these. I'm
concerned about the cost of running the masterbuilt on a long cook, as
my electric bill is already thru the roof, but would it really be much
more than lump?

I don't much care about whether a particular pit is easy or hard to deal
with, 'cause when I cook that's all I do is cook. That's what makes it
fun. I guess what I really want to get is a read on quality, and results
that can be expected.
--
Dave T.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:
> Hey guys/gals, Barbecues Galore just opened near my home, so after
> messing around for about a year with my little tiny Char-Grill water
> smoker (with good results), I've got the bug to move up a tad.
> Unfortunately, when I got there and got to actually do my touchy-feely
> thing with the stuff they had to offer, I am now unable to decide. In
> the running is;
>
> A. WSM.
> B. Bar-B-Chef Offset.
> C. Masterbuilt Stainless Electric.

No question, the WSM by a long shot.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Dave T. wrote:
>> Hey guys/gals, Barbecues Galore just opened near my home, so after
>> messing around for about a year with my little tiny Char-Grill water
>> smoker (with good results), I've got the bug to move up a tad.
>> Unfortunately, when I got there and got to actually do my touchy-feely
>> thing with the stuff they had to offer, I am now unable to decide. In
>> the running is;
>>
>> A. WSM.
>> B. Bar-B-Chef Offset.
>> C. Masterbuilt Stainless Electric.

> No question, the WSM by a long shot.
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

What Da Bugg said
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave T." > wrote in message
> I am now unable to decide. In the running is;
>
> A. WSM.

Easy decision

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 22:12:08 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Dave T. wrote:
>> Hey guys/gals, Barbecues Galore just opened near my home, so after
>> messing around for about a year with my little tiny Char-Grill water
>> smoker (with good results), I've got the bug to move up a tad.
>> Unfortunately, when I got there and got to actually do my touchy-feely
>> thing with the stuff they had to offer, I am now unable to decide. In
>> the running is;
>>
>> A. WSM.
>> B. Bar-B-Chef Offset.
>> C. Masterbuilt Stainless Electric.

>No question, the WSM by a long shot.

What Dave said.

Harry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thanks for the input...that's the way I was leaning when I first went
down there, so it shall be. Thanksgiving will be nice!

--
Dave T.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:
> Thanks for the input...that's the way I was leaning when I first went
> down there, so it shall be. Thanksgiving will be nice!

Don't forget to review these websites:

BBQ faq: http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

WSM Virtual Bullet site: http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Dave T. wrote:
>> Thanks for the input...that's the way I was leaning when I first went
>> down there, so it shall be. Thanksgiving will be nice!

> Don't forget to review these websites:
>
> BBQ faq: http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html
>
> WSM Virtual Bullet site: http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

Thanks Dave. Both of those sites are bookmarked!

--
Dave T.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 21, 7:32 pm, "Dave T." > wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:
> > Dave T. wrote:
> >> Thanks for the input...that's the way I was leaning when I first went
> >> down there, so it shall be. Thanksgiving will be nice!

> > Don't forget to review these websites:

> > BBQ faq:http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

> > WSM Virtual Bullet site:http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

> Thanks Dave. Both of those sites are bookmarked!
>
> --
> Dave T.
>
> If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

And check Amazon for specials. Might save you some $$$. BBQ Galore has
a pretty good markup.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Dave T. wrote:
>> Hey guys/gals, Barbecues Galore just opened near my home, so after
>> messing around for about a year with my little tiny Char-Grill water
>> smoker (with good results), I've got the bug to move up a tad.
>> Unfortunately, when I got there and got to actually do my touchy-feely
>> thing with the stuff they had to offer, I am now unable to decide. In
>> the running is;
>>
>> A. WSM.
>> B. Bar-B-Chef Offset.
>> C. Masterbuilt Stainless Electric.

> No question, the WSM by a long shot.

Totally agree. After cooking with an offset for years, I
finally sprung the cash for a WSM at Amazon.com ($199 delivered).
For my home needs, it's just amazing.

Dana