Old 26-10-2007, 01:18 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Cooking chicken on a gas grill

On 25-Oct-2007, Pierre wrote:

On Oct 25, 2:14 am, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 02:51:56 GMT, "

wrote:

On 24-Oct-2007, Cameron Moore wrote:

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:37:15 -0700, Dave Bugg wrote:

Guv Bob wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message

snippity doo dah

Best chicken stocks I've ever made are made using chicken feet. (The
more ethnic markets have them, as well as some grocery stores. Use
your right on method from above. Take the feet, roast in the oven in
a single layer at 325 with some carrots and celery; for 35 mins or
so, until beginning to turn golden. Add it all to your stock pot
filled with cold water, careful not to boil.

Makes rich gelatinous stock.
(Hopefully not too off topic.)
Pierre

Not off topic at all as far as I'm concerned. It's the little tips and
suggestions that add up over time. Your point about roasting had
been overlooked by myself and others. Thanks for mentioning it.
Much better flavor is developed by the roasting process. I suppose
I should apologize for misspelling "mirepoix", but frankly I don't
give a shit. Interestingly, Google produces 7 hits for articles that
used "mirapoir" as the spelling for a mixture of onions, carrots and
celery.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

Old 28-10-2007, 10:04 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian,edu.language.goofy.sounding

Good lord.... what kinduh langwige is this hyur!?? I don't no butt it ain't the way true BBQ fellers (eater and cookers) tawk!! And I thawt my anglish wuz bad!

Guv Bob

wrote in message ...
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 03:39:18 GMT, "
wrote:

On 25-Oct-2007, ULL wrote:

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:18:55 GMT, "
wrote:

trim

I suppose
I should apologize for misspelling "mirepoix", but frankly I don't
give a shit. Interestingly, Google produces 7 hits for articles that
used "mirapoir" as the spelling for a mixture of onions, carrots and
celery.

I see no reason for you to apologize, nor was I trying to upbraid you
in any sense, just trying to aid Cameron Moore.

As for Google, I noted the 7 hits, when I was was searching for the
correct spelling (couldn't recall it & needed a refresher, myself) -
but "mirepoix" returns 650k+ hits, which strikes me as somewhat more
helpful.

If I have erred in my attempt to help and managed to offend you, you
have my most humble apologies.

Regards,

--
Rusty the bookman

I'm not offended. I'm personally interested in ideas before and above
technical content. Sometimes I will research a comment or phrase
for my own edification, but seldom respond in that context. I assume
that anyone that needs amplification will ask for it and they generally
do. I was unsure of my spelling when I posted my original comment,
but was simply too lazy at the time to look it up.

A sentiment I heartily concur with.

Regards,

--
Rusty the bookman

Minion of Phil #0001
You don't understand the power of the insufficiently lit side.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you when you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, and they're starvation cheap
- Kipling

Old 28-10-2007, 09:36 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

ULL wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:04:22 GMT, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

Behold the pride of alt.appalachian, trying to stir up a new fight.
LOL! I bet you people are real proud of troll bob.

Good lord.... what kinduh langwige is this hyur!?? I don't no butt it =
ain't the way true BBQ fellers (eater and cookers) tawk!! And I thawt =
my anglish wuz bad!

Guv Bob

I'm not a psychotherapist, though I did date one for a little while back in
about 1996 (she was one of the looniest people I have ever known,) but I'm
gonna attempt a little analysis on the Guv. He has brought his own brand of
tedious obnoxiousness to alt.app for many years. Guv seems to be a smart guy,
and shows good command of English when he chooses to post in that language. He
is also probably a scholar of Spanish, since he is such an ardent admirer of
Mexican and Meso-American culture. You will not find him trolling in
alt.mole.poblano.

But he has a compulsion to post drivel. As far as I know, he usually confines
it alt.app, but occasionally he gets bored and does a little trolling in other
groups, like poetry, astronomy and barbecue. Just ignore him, barbecue guys,
and he will go away to torment some poets. Poets need to be tormented anyway.
It helps get their creative juices flowing.

I will say that Guv often pokes fun at people who take themselves a wee bit too
seriously; some of the barbecue folks may find that shoe a very good fit.

He also likes to top-post, which ****es off some of the old usenet silverbacks,
another group of people who have a bent for self-seriousness. Guv doesn't
bother me because I don't take anything very seriously, least of all what I
write on usenet.

Old 29-10-2007, 07:32 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian

wrote:

[...]

Oh good golly, Snake. Now yew are em bear assing me!

I guess it's time for yet another installment of.....

~~~~~ What Usenet Means to Me. ~~~~~~

What, dear friends, does usenet mean to me? Good question. I ain't got time to answer it though -- I got possums to BBQ!

But (and this is a big butt) I wood like to say to the folks here at alt.barbeque.mensa that I have enjoyed visiting with yew awl and hope yew will visit us over at alt.appalachian sometime (after you get a scents of humer installed).

Seriously, thanks for the good info about BBQ and about cooking chicken. I will apply it next time I am grilling up some bald eagle and report back.

God bless America.

Guv Bob