Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Bradley packaging

This is just a FWIW that might be of interest to anyone considering the
mail order purchasing of a Bradley smoker.

I bought a Bradley smoker last fall, and was very impressed with how
well it was packaged to survive the UPS/FedEx/Airborne "experience."
Recently, I purchased another and had it shipped to my son in another
state. Like mine, his arrived in absolutely perfect condition. My son
is a Director in one of the largest global manufacturing companies,
having come thorough the materials management side. His comments to me
about the Bradley dealt so much with its intelligent and thorough
packaging that I thought it was worth mentioning. Anyone who has
concern about damage during shipping, should take some comfort.

He has wings marinating as I write this, and his first Bradley-cooked
feast will be tonight. Although I also got him the BBQ Guru Competitor
kit for the Bradley, his first smoke will be merely using the Bradley
controls. His serious work will begin next week when he does his first
Butt, though being a Texan, I'm sure a brisket won't be far behind. For
him, I typed up my own recipe for rub and mop, and also gave him my best
formula of time, temp, meat temp and smoke. Hopefully, he can take what
works for me and expand on it.

Nonny
--
---Nonnymus---
You don’t stand any taller by
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> I bought a Bradley smoker last fall, and was very impressed with how well
> it was packaged to survive the UPS/FedEx/Airborne "experience." Recently,
> I purchased another and had it shipped to my son in another state. Like
> mine, his arrived in absolutely perfect condition. My son is a Director
> in one of the largest global manufacturing companies, having come thorough
> the materials management side. His comments to me about the Bradley dealt
> so much with its intelligent and thorough packaging that I thought it was
> worth mentioning. Anyone who has concern about damage during shipping,
> should take some comfort.

Those of us in the packaging business like to hear stories like that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

You know, I don't understand why companies don't spend the money
(almost "whatever it takes") to get competent package designers and
builders on their staff. I get more stuff that is beat all to hell
and back that is shipped by UPS and FedEx than I can count.

I buy a lot of stuff for my business online, and the first thing I
have to do is immediately open the shipping box and check for damage
so I can contact the company and file a claim if I need to.

I got my WSM from Amazon, and when it came it looked like King Kong
played soccor with it. The bottom bowl was bent our of shape, the
vents were bent so that they didn't close, and the access door was
bent as was one of legs. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how
one leg got bent.

At their cost to send all that to me as replacements, including the
parts shipped one at a time, it sure seems to me that it would have
been a lot cheaper to design the packing better and to pack it
correctly/better from the factory.

But hey... what do I know, they never asked me.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:46:47 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

So how come Santa uses a plain old sack and nothing goes missing or
gets broken?

Harry

who also has a Bradley but doesn't see the need for a Guru in this
instance

bradley digital Pensrock Barbecue 13 19-09-2007 04:47 AM
Bradley smokers? modom (palindrome guy) General Cooking 33 14-07-2007 12:55 AM
Bradley Nonnymus Barbecue 1 13-01-2007 03:06 PM
Bradley Smoker Not Telling Barbecue 4 08-11-2004 11:55 PM
Bradley Smoker Jack & Melanie Cooking Equipment 2 23-04-2004 08:15 PM