Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default good source for woods

Hey all,
I do a lot of barbecuing when I'm at my girlfriend's place, as my landlord
won't let me keep a cue here. She's got a Webber kettle knockoff that works
pretty well. At the local supermarket near her place it's hard to find
anything other than hickory or mesquite chips. We really like apple and
pecan for smoking and would also like to try other woods.

Two questions: what woods work best for certain meats, poultry and fish?
Also, what's a good source for woods other than hickory or mesquite?
Thanks,
Tom

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 12, 6:50 pm, "Tom Lange" > wrote:
> Hey all,
> I do a lot of barbecuing when I'm at my girlfriend's place, as my landlord
> won't let me keep a cue here. She's got a Webber kettle knockoff that works
> pretty well. At the local supermarket near her place it's hard to find
> anything other than hickory or mesquite chips. We really like apple and
> pecan for smoking and would also like to try other woods.
>
> Two questions: what woods work best for certain meats, poultry and fish?

Tom:
Your questions about what woods to use are listed he
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/8.html
> Also, what's a good source for woods other than hickory or mesquite?

Lots of woods on the net, as well as numerous threads in this group
about where to find wood. Google is your friend. This was a lengthy
thread from last year:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...oods&rnum=6 #

Oh, and you need to get a new landlord.

Pierre