Old 13-09-2007, 05:17 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Never Forget

In ,
Nick Cramer spewed forth:
"ChairMan" wrote:
jOhN spewed forth:
ChairMan wrote:
[ . . . ]

I just feel that people have forgotten that day and contrary to what
has been posted in this thread, I don't bring out my "saccharin
patriotism only for special events". This link has been in my sig
for 6 years.

[ . . . ]

See C7H5NO3S. More precisely, particularly when used as an adjective,
saccharine.

tell it to joe

You dropped the link from your sig after it was there for six years?

Never mind.

Nope, its still there
To reduce redundancy and clutter, my settings are not to include it in
replies and forwards.

Old 13-09-2007, 06:51 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Never Forget/ An Apology

In ,
Steve Wertz spewed forth:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:16:59 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

In ,
Steve Wertz spewed forth:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:15:45 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

That link has been in my sig for 6 years, I just added a warning
for dialup people that it was 7 mb.

Bullshit. It's never been in your .sig, Mr. Patriot (lying like
Bush doesn't make you a patriot).

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=author%3Achairman+group%3Aaustin.*&qt_s=S earch

Try again and search for posts I originally made, not replies
To reduce redundancy and clutter, my settings are not to include it
in replies or forwards.

Nah. I've seen enough of your posts.

-sw

You really have a hard time admitting when you're wrong, don't you?
Not surprising since it happens so often.
As I said before, it takes a MAN to admit he was wrong and I willfully admit
I was wrong to post this link in this NG.
It's obvious to me that ya'll are way to caught up in yourselves to have
empathy for anyone but yourselves.
It's disgusting to see what one link has brought out of "you regular
posters"
As a long time lurker, I thought there was a few good people( you excluded)
here that would appreciate the tribute to those that died that day.
Boy , was I wrong!!!
MY SINCERE APOLOGIZES TO ALL THAT WERE OFFENDED BY MY POST

***
Never Forget
http://www.gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html

Old 13-09-2007, 11:07 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

trail of civilian death and destruction in Afghanistan and Iraq which is
outnumbering the US total body count by quite a large margin.

just finished reading, er listening on an audio book, charlie wilson's war
by g.crile. how one congressman fronted the mujahideen who then became the
taliban who became experts at urban warfare......because we trained them.

okay, off politics. this is all about bbq.

chef juke's bbq sauce. can't do no bettah, mon.

joe
petersburg (yes, god has a sense of humor
http://www.bobrivers.com/player/play...D=1025&Speed=2 )alaska

Old 14-09-2007, 01:52 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default OT- Never Forget

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
Steve Wertz wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:16:59 -0500, ChairMan wrote:
Steve Wertz spewed forth:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:15:45 -0500, ChairMan wrote:
[ . . . ]

Nah. I've seen enough of your posts.

Whatever his/her/its intentions may have been in its first post to this
group, it would appear to have metamorphised.

/| /| _____________________
||__|| | |
/ O O\__ | PLEASE DO NOT |
/ \ | FEED THE TROLLS |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ C_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c_-(Tove Jannson)

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks ! !
!
~Semper Fi~

Nick,

Thanks for your service to this country. And thanks for remembering
our fallen brothers, sisters and heroes. You would think people would show
a little respect and patriotism on a historical date like that (apparently
not for some). Have no fear, there are still plenty of people who are pro
USA living in this country. It is through their actions and sacrifices that
they are expressing themselves, not by screaming nonsense at anything
patriotic. This noise from the left has just made it harder to hear the
faithful defenders of "Truth, Justice and the American Way".

"This We'll Defend"

Joseph

Old 14-09-2007, 03:21 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:16:59 -0500, ChairMan wrote:
Steve Wertz spewed forth:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:15:45 -0500, ChairMan wrote:
[ . . . ]

Nick,

Thanks for your service to this country. And thanks for remembering
our fallen brothers, sisters and heroes. You would think people would
show a little respect and patriotism on a historical date like that
(apparently not for some). Have no fear, there are still plenty of
people who are pro USA living in this country. It is through their
actions and sacrifices that they are expressing themselves, not by
screaming nonsense at anything patriotic. This noise from the left has
just made it harder to hear the faithful defenders of "Truth, Justice and
the American Way".

"This We'll Defend"

Joseph, I don't recall having previously seen any of your posts here or on
a.b.f, but memory is the second or third thing to go. ;-(

Respect and patriotism should not be restricted only to historical days.
"My country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right. When wrong, to
be made right!" What you refer to as 'noise from the left' comes from some
fine patriotic people who question a poster who introduced himself to the
group with an OT post on a historic day. I've lost or have injured friends
and family from every war since WW II. I think of them every day.

A Korean War vet,

~Semper Fi~

Old 15-09-2007, 04:36 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
[...]

Not much of a poster, your memory is intact.

Respect and patriotism should not be restricted only to historical days.
"My country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right. When wrong, to
be made right!" What you refer to as 'noise from the left' comes from some
fine patriotic people who question a poster who introduced himself to the
group with an OT post on a historic day. I've lost or have injured friends
and family from every war since WW II. I think of them every day.

A Korean War vet,

I do feel that sometimes we need to set aside the time to reflect on
the past, as most of us are kept busy with the daily grind. I fly my "Stars
and Stripes" only on certain historical and memorial days, so that it has
special meaning to me (YMMV). I fly the flag at half staff at times out of
respect for the fallen. I use Sunday mornings for visits to the cemetery
and as a time to reflect on life. This is the way it should be... IMHO (or
should I say "works for me..

For what it's worth I am a life long Dem and not a big fan of this
administration's policies, BUT(that's a big but) I have to say that duty,
honor, country, come before political gain. I think a lot of people have
put personal wealth and power before the well being of this great nation.

I find very few posters on Usenet that I care to discuss things with,
so when I see what appears to be an honorable person post something I take
notice. Thanks Again for your service,

Joseph

Old 15-09-2007, 08:49 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:16:59 -0500, ChairMan wrote:
Steve Wertz spewed forth:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:15:45 -0500, ChairMan wrote:
[ . . . ]

I do feel that sometimes we need to set aside the time to reflect on
the past, as most of us are kept busy with the daily grind. I fly my
"Stars and Stripes" only on certain historical and memorial days, so that
it has special meaning to me (YMMV). I fly the flag at half staff at
times out of respect for the fallen. I use Sunday mornings for visits to
the cemetery and as a time to reflect on life. This is the way it should
be... IMHO (or should I say "works for me..

Joseph, I fly the American flag, Marine Corps flag and MIA/POW flag 24/7,
lighted at night. I lower the flags to half staff on Peace Officers
Memorial Day (May 15), National Korean War Armistice Day (July 27), Patriot
Day (September 11) and National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (December 7).
I fly them at half staff 'til noon on Memorial Day (last Monday in May). I
reflect on life every night, when I go to bed and at other times as
conditions warrant.

For what it's worth I am a life long Dem and not a big fan of this
administration's policies, BUT(that's a big but) I have to say that duty,
honor, country, come before political gain. I think a lot of people have
put personal wealth and power before the well being of this great nation.

Politicians, in general, seem to me to be the most guilty of the latter.

I find very few posters on Usenet that I care to discuss things
with, so when I see what appears to be an honorable person post something
I take notice. Thanks Again for your service,

We really should find a more suitable venue for this discussion, as this
NewsGroup is primarily for BBQ related posts. Therefore, this will be my
last post on this subject on this NG. If you wish to discuss it further,
perhaps soc.culture.usa or the appropriate NG of your choice. Let me know
here, I will reply there. Thanks.

~Semper Fi~
Old 15-09-2007, 07:32 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

Joseph, I fly the American flag, Marine Corps flag and MIA/POW flag 24/7,
lighted at night. I lower the flags to half staff on Peace Officers
Memorial Day (May 15), National Korean War Armistice Day (July 27), Patriot
Day (September 11) and National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (December 7).
I fly them at half staff 'til noon on Memorial Day (last Monday in May). I
reflect on life every night, when I go to bed and at other times as
conditions warrant.

Thank you. Your effort is worthy of respect.

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
You donít stand any taller by
Old 15-09-2007, 09:51 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
Nick Cramer wrote:

Joseph, I fly the American flag, Marine Corps flag and MIA/POW flag 24/7,
lighted at night. I lower the flags to half staff on Peace Officers
Memorial Day (May 15), National Korean War Armistice Day (July 27),
Patriot
Day (September 11) and National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (December
7).
I fly them at half staff 'til noon on Memorial Day (last Monday in May).
reflect on life every night, when I go to bed and at other times as
conditions warrant.

Thank you. Your effort is worthy of respect.
Nonny

Agreed, 'nough said...