Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ Photo Contest

The boys over at http://www.texasbbqforum are doing another contest. Look
for the Throw Down section. It's free* and there are some nice prizes.

*do have to be a member of the forum, but that's free too!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

http://www.texasbbqforum.com/

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:21:58 -0600, d wrote:
>
>> The boys over at http://www.texasbbqforum are ....

> ...A bunch of inbred hillbillies.
>
> -sw

Love you too sw, maybe you'll find some long lost relies like your father
there.

Could catch Mike on the URL, it is http://www.texasbbqforum.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ,
Steve Wertz >spewed forth:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:21:58 -0600, d wrote:
>
>> The boys over at http://www.texasbbqforum are ....

> ...A bunch of inbred hillbillies.
>
> -sw

family reunion time again, stevie?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Can't you just feel the looooove?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Can't you just feel the looooove?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ups.com,
Tutall >spewed forth:
> Can't you just feel the looooove?

In stevies case I think it's called incest <g>

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 31, 6:27 pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> Steve Wertz > wrote:
> > []
> > ObBBQ - I'm tempted to do this leg-o-lamb from Costco on the
> > smoker tomorrow. I'll probably grill it instead.

> I smoke 'em at 225 to 260 until 125 internal and let 'em rest 10 or 15
> minutes. Since I'm the only one here that eats lamb, it's always perfect!
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
>
> Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! !
> ~Semper Fi~

How long does that take Nick, about 3-4 hours? I imagine you're doing
a simple rub, or are you stuffing it with garlic cloves?

I love lamb, mmmm good. Lucky the wife doesn't mind it.
Costco sells imported Australian lamb chops that are really good.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall > wrote:
> On Aug 31, 6:27 pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> > Steve Wertz > wrote:
> > > []

> How long does that take Nick, about 3-4 hours? I imagine you're doing
> a simple rub, or are you stuffing it with garlic cloves?

I don't remember how long, Tutall. Sometimes I get the legs at CostCo,
other times frozen New Zealand legs at an Asian market (I actually like
them better). I stick thick slivers of garlic in knife jabs all over them,
then dry rub with s&p, garlic and paprika.

> I love lamb, mmmm good. Lucky the wife doesn't mind it.
> Costco sells imported Australian lamb chops that are really good.

My wife will only eat pork, chicken and seafood, which is good for me!
Lamb is my favorite meat, right up there with a good steak. ;-)

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 00:47:49 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:30:29 -0500, ChairMan wrote:
>
>> In ups.com,
>> Tutall >spewed forth:
>>> Can't you just feel the looooove?

>> In stevies case I think it's called incest <g>

>Folks, meat John. He likes the bone-in butt.
>
>ObBBQ - I'm tempted to do this leg-o-lamb from Costco on the
>smoker tomorrow. I'll probably grill it instead.
>
>-sw

I have a dandy recipe/procedure for grilling Leg-of, Steve. The leg
needs to be butterflied/spatched/deboned. Let me know if you are
interested.

Harry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ Photo Contest - HERB MARINTATED ROAST LAMB.doc (0/1)

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 23:01:16 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 00:24:21 GMT, Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>
>> I have a dandy recipe/procedure for grilling Leg-of, Steve. The leg
>> needs to be butterflied/spatched/deboned. Let me know if you are
>> interested.

>Since this is from CostCo, it's already boned and rolled. Easy
>to unroll and stuff full of spices and such, then back into the
>netting.
>
>I need to cook it or freeze it tomorrow (5 days left till
>"expiration")
>
>-sw

Here you go Steve.

Looks ugly; tastes great; be aware of flare ups.

Harry

I think this came from 'Bon Appetit' - mebbe 15 years ago.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 21:14:16 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 00:24:21 GMT, Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>
>> I have a dandy recipe/procedure for grilling Leg-of, Steve. The leg
>> needs to be butterflied/spatched/deboned. Let me know if you are
>> interested.

>The .DOC was chopped off by either your or my news server (no
>attachments to text groups policy). I only saw the text part of
>the message.
>
>I've already used part of the lamb, but I buy at least a leg
>every 6-8 weeks so I'd still be interested in the recipe.
>
>-sw

Here you go Steve

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 4-Sep-2007, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 00:24:21 GMT, Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>
> > I have a dandy recipe/procedure for grilling Leg-of, Steve. The leg
> > needs to be butterflied/spatched/deboned. Let me know if you are
> > interested.

> The .DOC was chopped off by either your or my news server (no
> attachments to text groups policy). I only saw the text part of
> the message.
>
> I've already used part of the lamb, but I buy at least a leg
> every 6-8 weeks so I'd still be interested in the recipe.
>
> -sw

Here you go Steve. Harry tries hard, but he's still learning
computer talk. :-)

HERB- MARINATED ROAST LAMB
a/k/a Harry's Roast Lamb

Recipe posted by
Harry Demidavicius

Ingredients

5 to 6 lbs butterflied boneless leg of lamb
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp oregano
3 tsp dried mint
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tbsp dried rosemary

Procedure

1) Place the vinegar, oil, all the herbs and spices into a blender and
process until emulsified. Decant into a suitable container.

2) Prick the meat all over with a sharp knifepoint and place it into the
marinade. It should be fully immersed. Store covered for 24 hours in the
refrigerator, turning occasionally.

3) When ready, remove from the refrigerator, discard the marinade and bring
meat back to room temperature. Don't let the looks deceive you, it will be
great.

4) Transfer to a grilling rack, salt to taste and place into a preheated
broiler 4" from the flame. Broil 12-14 minutes per side for medium-rare
(pink) meat.
OR
Place on a hot BBQ about 6" from the coals and grill for about 10-12 minutes
per side for medium-rare (pink) meat. Do not close the lid as there is a lot
of flaring at the beginning.

4) When ready, remove from heat, transfer to a carving board and let rest
for about 10 minutes. Slice into very thin slices (across the grain, with a
very sharp knife, with the blade held at a 45 degree angle).

5) Arrange the slices in a circle around the perimeter of a large serving
dish. Place the roast potatoes into the centre, garnish with fresh parsley
and/or rosemary sprigs, and serve.

Source: Harry Demidavicius
--
Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)

contest chipotle Asian Cooking 0 09-01-2007 01:58 PM
Ann: Amateur Food Photo Contest 2005 [email protected] Marketplace 0 17-10-2005 07:38 PM
BBQ contest 4-all smokinchips.com Barbecue 0 30-01-2004 04:17 AM