Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Barbecue is More Than Food

Hi all , my name is Timothy Martino, this is a post I made on my new
blog www.bestofbarbecue.blogspot.com . I like going into the culture
of barbecue as well as preparation. I thought of sharing this with you
guys at this great group.

Barbecue is not just cooking it's a relationship building exercise.
When barbecuing you can involve your whole family in this fun cooking
process. This article will show you how to make dinner time family
time that everyone will enjoy. The great food is just a bonus.

But what is barbecue. Barbecue consists of many diverse types of
cooking. Its as varied as smoking a turkey on your grill to spitting a
whole hog! Barbecue is the root of all cooking. Without a doubt when
people first had to cook meat they had a barbecue. Every society on
earth has a unique barbecue preparation. Popularized by slaves in
America (where they were given the worst pieces of meat) it quickly
grew to a popular form of cooking amongst all people. The most common
kind is a free standing barbecue with about 350 inches of surface
area. And that is all you really need to bring your family together in
an amazing meal.

Right now your probably wondering how a Barbecue dinner brings people
together. The magic is in the preparation. Assigning jobs to
individuals in your family for different aspects of the barbeque's
preparation will prepare them for working together for a common goal.
These are valuable life skills that can be transferred to a workplace
and school. Another magical aspect of barbecuing is that people want
to get involved even if they normally take no interest in usual meal
preparation. It deviates from the monotony of normal dinners and thus
people are more likely to jump on board. Having the family cooperate
is worth its weight in gold but then making an awesome meal out of it
makes it a good time.

Barbecues benefits can't be counted in the healthy delicious meals
that are so easy to create. But also in the relationship building
exercise which is barbecuing.