Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default bandera vs. el dorado

which to choose? i am going to get one of these smoker/grills. can
anyone help me decide?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 10, 1:28 pm, wrote:
> which to choose? i am going to get one of these smoker/grills. can
> anyone help me decide?

Lorie:I've had a Bandera for 4 years making respectable Q. Took my
share of ribons, medals cash, and made happy family and neighbors
using it. All things being equal, I was better able to predict the
outcome(timing) and control the heat and temperature on a horizontal
offset, as opposed to the vertical Bandera.

In their price range you'll make decent Q on either, and should last a
few years.

Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 13, 4:36 pm, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 10-Aug-2007, wrote:
> > which to choose? i am going to get one of these smoker/grills. can
> > anyone help me decide?

> Okay, I give up. Where is there a 'NEW' Bandera smoker for sale?
> New Braunfels sold out to Charbroil years ago. I have one of the last
> of the New Braunfels "Silver" smokers. The current Charbroil version
> is a piece of junk in comparison. I wouldn't have one. I keep seeing
> posts about "Bandera. What gives?
>
> --
> Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...263-02219-5601
$100 cheaper here. w/ stainless shelf. sorry i don't know how to post
links. i appreciate the responses.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 14-Aug-2007, wrote:

> On Aug 13, 4:36 pm, "Brick" > wrote:
> > On 10-Aug-2007, wrote:
> > > which to choose? i am going to get one of these smoker/grills. can
> > > anyone help me decide?

> > Okay, I give up. Where is there a 'NEW' Bandera smoker for sale?
> > New Braunfels sold out to Charbroil years ago. I have one of the last
> > of the New Braunfels "Silver" smokers. The current Charbroil version
> > is a piece of junk in comparison. I wouldn't have one. I keep seeing
> > posts about "Bandera. What gives?
> >
> > --
> > Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...263-02219-5601
> $100 cheaper here. w/ stainless shelf. sorry i don't know how to post
> links. i appreciate the responses.

Thanks. And I didn't find anything wrong with that link. But if you have
trouble with a long link like that. Go to http://www.tinyurl.com and convert
it into a tiny url which most folks won't have a problem with. This would
take
you to the same place: http://tinyurl.com/yrbt6c
--
Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 15, 10:20 pm, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 14-Aug-2007, wrote:

> > > Okay, I give up. Where is there a 'NEW' Bandera smoker for sale?
> > > New Braunfels sold out to Charbroil years ago. I have one of the last
> > > of the New Braunfels "Silver" smokers. The current Charbroil version
> > > is a piece of junk in comparison. I wouldn't have one. I keep seeing
> > > posts about "Bandera. What gives?

> > > --
> > > Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)

> >http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...oducts/outdoor...
> > $100 cheaper here. w/ stainless shelf. sorry i don't know how to post
> > links. i appreciate the responses.

> Thanks. And I didn't find anything wrong with that link. But if you have
> trouble with a long link like that. Go tohttp://www.tinyurl.comand convert
> it into a tiny url which most folks won't have a problem with. This would
> take
> you to the same place:http://tinyurl.com/yrbt6c
> --
> Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)- Hide quoted text -

i would like to thank pierre for his take on the subject. i was kind
of liking the idea of the sausage hangers and rib racks on the
bandera, though. but, i do want to get the better of the two. if any
other opinions are out there i would like to hear them as well.

Charbroil Bandera help... Austin Aggie Barbecue 6 19-02-2007 01:19 AM
El Dorado Casserole Duckie ® Recipes 0 05-06-2005 02:24 AM
Bandera Smoker jay Barbecue 6 07-12-2004 09:12 PM
Bandera www.ttdown.com Barbecue 8 06-11-2004 09:07 PM
El Dorado Casserole luckytrim Recipes (moderated) 0 25-10-2003 03:23 AM