Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Default Upcoming Tampa Outdoor Feeding Frenzy

Fully realizing that the BobInGa annual gathering is still fresh in
our minds, a few of us (well I actually) decided to throw together
a mini version here in Tampa. I need to stay close to my SO who
doesn't travel much, so I opted to host it here at my place. Big
Jim, Kili and TFM® have tossed their ante in, so all we have to do
is post a date and get on with it. So far, it seems that saturdays
are the favorite. This saturday is too soon, but the 28th of July
and the 11th of August don't conflict with anybody so far. Maybe
some of the folks that missed the BobInGa HTH BBQ fest will
be able to make this gathering. Don't expect to get whole hog
or even traditional pit BBQ here, but I think we can feed the
more ambivalent tastes successfully. My neighbors will join
in with side dishes and their lakefront (read pond) lot to expand
the party area.

Post here, in ABF or e-mail me direct. Kili is going to post
some other places and take replies so no one gets left out.
I think most folks can figure out how to unscramble my addy
to mail me. Tell us ur comin' and we'll leave the light on.
--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Brick" > wrote in message
> Fully realizing that the BobInGa annual gathering is still fresh in
> our minds, a few of us (well I actually) decided to throw together
> a mini version here in Tampa. I need to stay close to my SO who
> doesn't travel much, so I opted to host it here at my place. Big
> Jim, Kili and TFM® have tossed their ante in, so all we have to do
> is post a date and get on with it. So far, it seems that saturdays
> are the favorite. This saturday is too soon, but the 28th of July

No good. Too soon, and I already have BBQ plans. :-(

> and the 11th of August don't conflict with anybody so far. Maybe

That's better, but what about the heat? I might be talked into bringing a
10' X 10' Ez-Up or three for shade.
'-)

> some of the folks that missed the BobInGa HTH BBQ fest will
> be able to make this gathering. Don't expect to get whole hog
> or even traditional pit BBQ here, but I think we can feed the
> more ambivalent tastes successfully. My neighbors will join
> in with side dishes and their lakefront (read pond) lot to expand
> the party area.
>
> Post here, in ABF or e-mail me direct. Kili is going to post

Why can't I get ABF on this computer...Vista...while XP does. Same ISP,
same settings???????

> some other places and take replies so no one gets left out.
> I think most folks can figure out how to unscramble my addy
> to mail me. Tell us ur comin' and we'll leave the light on.
> --
> Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)

Sounds good, and kili wouldn't have to wait 'til New Years for her Pizza
Stone.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

BOB wrote:

> Why can't I get ABF on this computer...Vista...while XP does. Same ISP,
> same settings???????

BOB,

I had the very same problem after 'upgrading' to Vista! I used to read
ABF with OE, but with Vista it just is not available.
I had to install Seamonkey for newsgroups, and it has been working just
fine. Strange.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:30:22 -0400, Karen Burns wrote:
>
> > BOB wrote:
> >

> >> Why can't I get ABF on this computer...Vista...while XP does. Same

ISP,
> >> same settings???????

> > I had the very same problem after 'upgrading' to Vista! I used to read
> > ABF with OE, but with Vista it just is not available.
> > I had to install Seamonkey for newsgroups, and it has been working just
> > fine. Strange.

> That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
> that contacted pirated copies of their software.
>
> -sw

Don't fix it if it ain't broke!

I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.

Right now, nothing works on Vista.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Billy Bong Thornton wrote:
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> ISP,
>>> I had the very same problem after 'upgrading' to Vista! I used to read
>>> ABF with OE, but with Vista it just is not available.
>>> I had to install Seamonkey for newsgroups, and it has been working just
>>> fine. Strange.

>> That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
>> that contacted pirated copies of their software.
>>
>> -sw

> Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
>
> I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.
>
> Right now, nothing works on Vista.
>
> TFM®

I agree with your method, but it was a Mother's Day gift. Entirely new
machine, and I didn't have a choice. Hubby is trying to figure out some
way to 'refix' it all back to how I liked it... lol

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:41:18 -0500, Steve Wertz wrote:
>
>> That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
>> that contacted pirated copies of their software.

> ^^^^^^^^^
> contain. Duh.
>
> -sw

FWIW, I've checked my pirated version of XP with Microsoft and it *appears*
valid to them. I'll stick with it for a while.

Billy Bong® - Is this version of Windows legal?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

On 18-Jul-2007, jeremy > wrote:

> Billy Bong Thornton wrote:
>

> > I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.
> >
> > Right now, nothing works on Vista.
> >
> > TFM®

> My next upgrade from XP will be to Mac :-)
>
> JJ

I'm upgrading from XP right now to Fedora 6. Screw Microsoft.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Billy Bong Thornton wrote:
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> ISP,

>>>I had the very same problem after 'upgrading' to Vista! I used to read
>>>ABF with OE, but with Vista it just is not available.
>>>I had to install Seamonkey for newsgroups, and it has been working just
>>>fine. Strange.

>>That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
>>that contacted pirated copies of their software.
>>
>>-sw

> Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
>
> I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.
>
> Right now, nothing works on Vista.
>
> TFM®

Just tried XP again. Lasted 2 months. During that time I had to
re-install 3 times. Finally said to hell with it, am back on Linux.
(not as many programs available, but the MF works, (and works, and works))

I still miss Mappoint
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Default OT: MICROSHAFT (rant) (Was Upcoming Tampa Outdoor Feeding Frenzy)

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:30:02 -0500, shawn martin wrote:
>

>>Just tried XP again. Lasted 2 months. During that time I had to
>>re-install 3 times. Finally said to hell with it, am back on Linux.
>>(not as many programs available, but the MF works, (and works, and works))

> I'm hardly a Windows advocate, but I've never had to reinstall
> Win2K or WinXP on any machines (that were mine). I've certainly
> re-installed for other people, though.
>
> -sw

I did pc repairs for about 5 years, and will admit, that after foolong
around with other people's bullsh*t for that amount of time, I am a bit
quick to throw up my hands and format.

This last try was classic. After a 2 hour install + hunt for drivers,
Windows forgot to remove some bit from the registry, and when I went to
install any applications, they would fail, saying that a previous
install required a reboot. (Rebooting did not alleviate the problem)
After another 3 hours trying to fix the problem, I gave up, and formatted.

This lasted 2 weeks, when Internet Explorer decided that it wanted to
shut down continuously, and wanted to speak with Uncle Bill about it.

To get around this, after wasting several hours trying to locate the
problem, I installed ThunderBird. Windows would NOT allow T-bird to
become the default browser. I put up with this for a month.

The other day I got tired of it, and slapped in a Linspire CD someone
had given me. It installed in SEVEN minutes, with no hunt for drivers.
I guess I'll stay here for a while.

Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Billy Bong Thornton wrote:

> Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
>
> I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.
>
> Right now, nothing works on Vista.
>
> TFM®

WORD!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

shawn martin wrote:

> Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
> because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.

Hey, that's the boat I was in, too! If I could just keep it how it was,
I would be happy. (well, as happy as a computer user can be... haha)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"shawn martin" > wrote in message
> Billy Bong Thornton wrote:

> > ISP,

> >>That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
> >>that contacted pirated copies of their software.
> >>
> >>-sw

> > Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
> >
> > I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.
> >
> > Right now, nothing works on Vista.
> >
> > TFM®
> >

> Just tried XP again. Lasted 2 months. During that time I had to
> re-install 3 times. Finally said to hell with it, am back on Linux.
> (not as many programs available, but the MF works, (and works, and works))
>
> I still miss Mappoint

Call me old school, but I think it has a lot to do with hardware. I'm
typing on a 1.4 gigahertz AMD that *requires* reformatting at least every 6
months. It's a total bug box, but it *will* play games.

In the back bedroom is a 300 mhz that *never* needs attention. It takes a
lickin' and keeps on tickin'. It's plugged straight into the wall in the
lightning capital of the nation (and it frequently gets zapped) but it
*never* stops working...slowly. This one is plugged into a UPS and it still
fries hard drives and other random components at will.

XP Pro on both machines. Diligent care taken on assembly of both. I like
the old hardware *much* better. Things are built a lot more cheaply these
days.

TFM® - - Boooonnnng!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"shawn martin" > wrote

> The other day I got tired of it, and slapped in a Linspire CD someone
> had given me. It installed in SEVEN minutes, with no hunt for drivers.
> I guess I'll stay here for a while.
>
> Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
> because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.

Surely it's available *somewhere*! Try Emule or Ares (Google, but don't hit
the wrong links)

Will Linspire work on my relic 300 mhz? Kubuntu won't. :-(

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

> Just tried XP again. Lasted 2 months. During that time I had to
> re-install 3 times. Finally said to hell with it, am back on Linux.
> (not as many programs available, but the MF works, (and works, and works))
>
> I still miss Mappoint

You've gotta try this Win98se pack I'm running on a PIII.
Two BSD when I first got the box and stable stuff since
then. That was 6 years ago and never a problem. Still on
dial up.

I feel so proud.

Not.

craigster
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

On 20-Jul-2007, jeremy > wrote:

> Why use IE anything?

In about 3 weeks i'll have to use IE at work. We are switching software
from a self hosted (our own server) to a hosted service. Guess which
browser they only support? (No prizes or goodies for a correct guess, but
if you wouldn't mind sending me a box of tissues as I'm the one crying!)

NO CAPS to reply

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Billy Bong Thornton wrote:
> "shawn martin" > wrote
>

>>The other day I got tired of it, and slapped in a Linspire CD someone
>>had given me. It installed in SEVEN minutes, with no hunt for drivers.
>> I guess I'll stay here for a while.
>>
>>Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
>>because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.

> Surely it's available *somewhere*! Try Emule or Ares (Google, but don't hit
> the wrong links)
>
> Will Linspire work on my relic 300 mhz? Kubuntu won't. :-(
>
> TFM®

It might. Hit my e-mail with an addy, and I'll shoot you a copy.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:39:24 -0500, shawn martin wrote:
>

>>Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
>>because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.

> Why do you even need IE7? I use Seamonkey with IETab installed
> (which runs the IE control in a Mozilla window).
>
> Seamonkey is miles ahead of IE-anything.
>
> -sw

Without at least IE6 you have no support for Java, ActiveX or SHTML
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:58:26 -0700, Abe wrote:
>
>>> ObFood: I had the Root Canal from Hell yesterday, which is a
>>> result of the Extraction from Hell a few months ago. I need a
>>> good dental lawyer at this point.
>>>

>> Enjoy the Percocet

> Close. Percodan. Oxycodone.
>
> SO how many of these should I start out with 3... 4? And I have
> a couple Franzikhaner Red's to wash them down with.

I hope your joking.
But in case your not.

NO! Not only no, HELL NO!

You take those with beer you could very well _kill_ yourself.

Don't mix Oxycodone (Synthetic Codeine) with Alcohol it can put you
so far under your lungs and heart will stop! And don't take
Oxycodone with Percodan. They are both the same thing and a one
way trip to OD land with your own personal 4"x8" worm garden.

That being said,
Dosage depends on the strength of the pill and your body weight.

The prescription they gave me after surgery was for oxycodone
(pill marked 512) and that is for 1 every 4 hours. One was all
I needed (190lbs) to put me in a jello state. Oddly it also kept
me from sleeping well.

http://www.drugs.com/oxycodone.html
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...r/a682132.html
Those sites also have information on Percodan.

In all cases, contact your doctor or at least a nurse/hospital hotline.

If you have already taken more than one with a beer, you'd better try
to puke and call an ambulance. You have about 20 minutes before the
drug will be at full strength and you won't be able to move. Soon
after that, your lungs and heart will slow and quite possibly stop.

--
DougW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:53:42 -0400, "Billy Bong Thornton"
> wrote:

>"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

>ISP,
>> >
>> > I had the very same problem after 'upgrading' to Vista! I used to read
>> > ABF with OE, but with Vista it just is not available.
>> > I had to install Seamonkey for newsgroups, and it has been working just
>> > fine. Strange.

>> That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
>> that contacted pirated copies of their software.
>>
>> -sw

>Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
>
>I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.
>
>Right now, nothing works on Vista.
>
>TFM®

My guy who built my current box decided to install a shady copy of XP
on her PC. It clearly became evident that when it 'reported to head
office that things would not go well. Chubs sent me a key and all is
swell. Thks again Alan.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:14:10 -0500, DougW wrote:
>
>> If you have already taken more than one with a beer, you'd better try
>> to puke and call an ambulance. You have about 20 minutes before the
>> drug will be at full strength and you won't be able to move. Soon
>> after that, your lungs and heart will slow and quite possibly stop.

> Thanks Doc, but I remember taking 3-4 of these as a kid and I was
> just fine. And Dandy.

It's your life.

Just don't expect any tears from me if you off yourself doing
something stupid.

--
DougW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:39:24 -0500, shawn martin
> wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:30:02 -0500, shawn martin wrote:
>>

>>>Just tried XP again. Lasted 2 months. During that time I had to
>>>re-install 3 times. Finally said to hell with it, am back on Linux.
>>>(not as many programs available, but the MF works, (and works, and works))

>> I'm hardly a Windows advocate, but I've never had to reinstall
>> Win2K or WinXP on any machines (that were mine). I've certainly
>> re-installed for other people, though.
>>
>> -sw

>I did pc repairs for about 5 years, and will admit, that after foolong
>around with other people's bullsh*t for that amount of time, I am a bit
>quick to throw up my hands and format.
>
>This last try was classic. After a 2 hour install + hunt for drivers,
>Windows forgot to remove some bit from the registry, and when I went to
>install any applications, they would fail, saying that a previous
>install required a reboot. (Rebooting did not alleviate the problem)
>After another 3 hours trying to fix the problem, I gave up, and formatted.
>
>This lasted 2 weeks, when Internet Explorer decided that it wanted to
>shut down continuously, and wanted to speak with Uncle Bill about it.
>
>To get around this, after wasting several hours trying to locate the
>problem, I installed ThunderBird. Windows would NOT allow T-bird to
>become the default browser. I put up with this for a month.
>
>The other day I got tired of it, and slapped in a Linspire CD someone
>had given me. It installed in SEVEN minutes, with no hunt for drivers.
> I guess I'll stay here for a while.
>
>Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
>because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.

Shawn;
IE6 is still available.

Ken
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Ken Slimmer wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:39:24 -0500, shawn martin
> > wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:

>>> I'm hardly a Windows advocate, but I've never had to reinstall
>>> Win2K or WinXP on any machines (that were mine). I've certainly
>>> re-installed for other people, though.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> I did pc repairs for about 5 years, and will admit, that after foolong
>> around with other people's bullsh*t for that amount of time, I am a bit
>> quick to throw up my hands and format.
>>
>> This last try was classic. After a 2 hour install + hunt for drivers,
>> Windows forgot to remove some bit from the registry, and when I went to
>> install any applications, they would fail, saying that a previous
>> install required a reboot. (Rebooting did not alleviate the problem)
>> After another 3 hours trying to fix the problem, I gave up, and formatted.
>>
>> This lasted 2 weeks, when Internet Explorer decided that it wanted to
>> shut down continuously, and wanted to speak with Uncle Bill about it.
>>
>> To get around this, after wasting several hours trying to locate the
>> problem, I installed ThunderBird. Windows would NOT allow T-bird to
>> become the default browser. I put up with this for a month.
>>
>> The other day I got tired of it, and slapped in a Linspire CD someone
>> had given me. It installed in SEVEN minutes, with no hunt for drivers.
>> I guess I'll stay here for a while.
>>
>> Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
>> because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.

> Shawn;
> IE6 is still available.
>
> Ken

Couldn't find it. Have moved on.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:08:31 -0500, shawn martin
> wrote:

>Ken Slimmer wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:39:24 -0500, shawn martin
>> > wrote:

>>> I did pc repairs for about 5 years, and will admit, that after foolong
>>> around with other people's bullsh*t for that amount of time, I am a bit
>>> quick to throw up my hands and format.
>>>
>>> This last try was classic. After a 2 hour install + hunt for drivers,
>>> Windows forgot to remove some bit from the registry, and when I went to
>>> install any applications, they would fail, saying that a previous
>>> install required a reboot. (Rebooting did not alleviate the problem)
>>> After another 3 hours trying to fix the problem, I gave up, and formatted.
>>>
>>> This lasted 2 weeks, when Internet Explorer decided that it wanted to
>>> shut down continuously, and wanted to speak with Uncle Bill about it.
>>>
>>> To get around this, after wasting several hours trying to locate the
>>> problem, I installed ThunderBird. Windows would NOT allow T-bird to
>>> become the default browser. I put up with this for a month.
>>>
>>> The other day I got tired of it, and slapped in a Linspire CD someone
>>> had given me. It installed in SEVEN minutes, with no hunt for drivers.
>>> I guess I'll stay here for a while.
>>>
>>> Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
>>> because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.

>> Shawn;
>> IE6 is still available.
>>
>> Ken

>Couldn't find it. Have moved on.

I don't run windows. I use Xandros and run IE6 through wine.
I have never installed Linspire, I woud guess that it will also should
support wine.

Ken
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Jul-2007, Ken Slimmer > wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:39:24 -0500, shawn martin
> > wrote:
>
> >Steve Wertz wrote:

> >> I'm hardly a Windows advocate, but I've never had to reinstall
> >> Win2K or WinXP on any machines (that were mine). I've certainly
> >> re-installed for other people, though.
> >>
> >> -sw

> >I did pc repairs for about 5 years, and will admit, that after foolong
> >around with other people's bullsh*t for that amount of time, I am a bit
> >quick to throw up my hands and format.
> >
> >This last try was classic. After a 2 hour install + hunt for drivers,
> >Windows forgot to remove some bit from the registry, and when I went to
> >install any applications, they would fail, saying that a previous
> >install required a reboot. (Rebooting did not alleviate the problem)
> >After another 3 hours trying to fix the problem, I gave up, and
> >formatted.
> >
> >This lasted 2 weeks, when Internet Explorer decided that it wanted to
> >shut down continuously, and wanted to speak with Uncle Bill about it.
> >
> >To get around this, after wasting several hours trying to locate the
> >problem, I installed ThunderBird. Windows would NOT allow T-bird to
> >become the default browser. I put up with this for a month.
> >
> >The other day I got tired of it, and slapped in a Linspire CD someone
> >had given me. It installed in SEVEN minutes, with no hunt for drivers.
> > I guess I'll stay here for a while.
> >
> >Oddly enough, I never had problems with Windows 2000, but cannot use it
> >because IE 7 doesn't support it, and IE6 is no longer available.

> Shawn;
> IE6 is still available.
>
> Ken

You don't have to bootleg a copy. Get it from the source.

http://tinyurl.com/6zjbm

The link is active. I took it as far as the "save as" window.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:39:24 -0500, shawn martin
> > wrote:
>
>> I did pc repairs for about 5 years, and will admit, that after foolong
>> around with other people's bullsh*t for that amount of time, I am a bit
>> quick to throw up my hands and format.
>>
>> This last try was classic. After a 2 hour install + hunt for drivers,
>> Windows forgot to remove some bit from the registry, and when I went to
>> install any applications, they would fail, saying that a previous
>> install required a reboot. (Rebooting did not alleviate the problem)
>> After another 3 hours trying to fix the problem, I gave up, and formatted.
>>
>> This lasted 2 weeks, when Internet Explorer decided that it wanted to
>> shut down continuously, and wanted to speak with Uncle Bill about it.
>>
>> To get around this, after wasting several hours trying to locate the
>> problem, I installed ThunderBird. Windows would NOT allow T-bird to
>> become the default browser. I put up with this for a month.

> Man, I do NOT know what you did. I've never seen that sort of issue
> on any of my machines or others' that I've worked on.
> By the way, it's FireFox--Thunderbird is the email client, so it'd be
> VERY hard indeed to make it the default browser. But I've never had
> the first problem making Firefox (or Mozilla before that, or Netscape
> before that) be accepted as the default browser. On W98 with/without
> SE, on Win2K, on XP.
>
> -denny-

I have to admit, that that effort was one of the worst I have had in a
few years. But it says something abouit the product, when it will
install and configure sometimes effortlessly. Then later on the same
machine, give fits. Yeah, it was Firefox.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"pants at thespamlessmonkeyhouse.us" ??? wrote...
> BOB wrote:
>

>> Why can't I get ABF on this computer...Vista...while XP does. Same ISP,
>> same settings???????
>>

> BOB,
>
> I had the very same problem after 'upgrading' to Vista! I used to read
> ABF with OE, but with Vista it just is not available.
> I had to install Seamonkey for newsgroups, and it has been working just
> fine. Strange.

"Our" webmaster is looking in to it. He's tried (almost) every operating
system and "newsreader" and windows mail is the only place on BellSloth's
system that the newsgroup doesn't exist. He's contacting the Windows Mail
Support.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Steve Wertz" wrote...
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:30:22 -0400, Karen Burns wrote:
>
>> BOB wrote:
>>

>>> Why can't I get ABF on this computer...Vista...while XP does. Same ISP,
>>> same settings???????

>> I had the very same problem after 'upgrading' to Vista! I used to read
>> ABF with OE, but with Vista it just is not available.
>> I had to install Seamonkey for newsgroups, and it has been working just
>> fine. Strange.

> That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
> that contacted pirated copies of their software.
>
> -sw

Naw. I can get many other binary newsgroups, just not ABF.
BellSouth's Newsmaster is looking into the problem with Windows Mail
Support.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Billy Bong Thornton" wrote...

> "Steve Wertz" wrote...

> ISP,
>> >
>> > I had the very same problem after 'upgrading' to Vista! I used to read
>> > ABF with OE, but with Vista it just is not available.
>> > I had to install Seamonkey for newsgroups, and it has been working just
>> > fine. Strange.

>> That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
>> that contacted pirated copies of their software.
>>
>> -sw

> Don't fix it if it ain't broke!

I didn't.

> I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.

No upgrade. It's a new laptop to replace my stolen XP laptop. They
couldn't find me a laptop without Vista (and all of it's bugs...meanwhile,
google is blocking SP1's release)

> Right now, nothing works on Vista.

Well, not exactly correct, but mostly. ;-)

> TFM®

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Karen Burns" wrote...
> Billy Bong Thornton wrote:

>> ISP,
>>> That's probably Micrsoft's way of cutting off access to groups
>>> that contacted pirated copies of their software.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
>>
>> I'll upgrade to Vista when nothing works anymore on XP.
>>
>> Right now, nothing works on Vista.
>>
>> TFM®
>>

> I agree with your method, but it was a Mother's Day gift. Entirely new
> machine, and I didn't have a choice. Hubby is trying to figure out some
> way to 'refix' it all back to how I liked it... lol

Me too. Replacement for a stolen laptop. Vista's not nearly as bad as I
thought that it was a week ago.
'-)

BOB

Tampa Fishing Charter - Tampa Deep Sea Fishing, St. Pete FishingCharters sekharseo Diabetic 0 16-07-2009 07:22 AM
more cooking frenzy serene General Cooking 11 02-01-2006 09:02 PM
cooking frenzy Momzilla Vegan 5 17-06-2004 03:52 PM
chocolate frenzy [email protected] Chocolate 2 23-12-2003 07:10 PM