Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Any thougts on a new charcoal grill?

Hello, all. I have enjoyed reading this group off and on over the
last couple of years and there have been a lot of good ideas and
techniques that I have tried and still use. Thanks!

My old pit/smoker of almost 17 years finally gave up the ghost. I was
an old New Braunfels smoker pit (the model name escapes me). I live
30 minutes from the old factory, so there were several models that
never left the state for sale, so no way of knowing which one this
was. It was a good soldier though, smoking briskets, turkeys,
chickens, etc. happily for all that time.

But, moving on I have used this as an opportunity to purchase a new
WSM, which is on the way. Since it is me and the SO these days, that
should be a great size.

BTW, I found these thermometers on Amazon at pretty good prices if
anyone is interested (I am upgrading everything while I can!):

http://tinyurl.com/yroequ (dual probe Polder)

http://tinyurl.com/yqejjb (SS grill surface/oven
thermometer)

So with the smoker part handled, I am looking for a good grill. I am
moving here soon and don't want to buy a 400# grill to move. So it
doesn't have to be a world class grill, but one I can fire up and do a
few chickens, sausage, and a steak or two. If I can keep it in the
$175 range or so I have one of my buddies that will buy it when I move
for 1/2 of what I pay. (This will get me the downpayment on my
Klose).

I have been looking at the Academy/HD/Lowes offerings and the
Chargriller looks OK. I don't know about using it as a smoker as it
looks pretty airy and doesn't have much capacity, but you can get the
smoker box attached and still be under $200. One of my buddies has
the NB Hondo, and I'll pass on that. Saw the Hondo Super or something
like that, and it is just an aluminum version of the regular Hondo.

The only other one that looks interesting to me in this price range is
the big square Brinkmann that is about $140. I don't know the name, I
think it might be the Chargriller Pro.

I don't want to get into this too deep as I have 4 excellent pit
makers in Houston where I go to visit family twice a year, 2 in New
Braunfels (40 minutes away) including the guys that sold most of their
interest in the original New Braunfels pit company, and an hour away
from Lyfetime pits on Uvlade. And there are a ton more in between. I
will gladly spend a nice Winter day driving around looking at pits
when I am ready as I have a lot of places to go see them.

At this time I just want a pit/grill to see me through the next few/
several months until I am ready to put the $1200 or so I want to spend
on the grill/smoker size and model I have been looking at. I'll get
the 400 - 500 gorilla when I get to the new place.

I read a lot about the Chargriller in the archives, but no one really
comitted whether it was worth the money or not. And I didn't find
very many posts with opinions (mods, yes - results no) on how this
works as grill or smoker. There is always that possibility that at
Thanksgiving I might want to do three or four turkeys and a ham at
once and I might want something to catch the overflow from the WSM.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance -

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 13, 5:03 pm, Reg > wrote:

> Very high failure rate on the dual probe polder. Avoid it.
>
> Their single probe unit is excellent, however.

Thanks for the heads up. No wonder the damn thing is only $15.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Reg wrote:

> Very high failure rate on the dual probe polder. Avoid it.
>
> Their single probe unit is excellent, however.

Yup... Mine failed after 3 uses with my prime rib! Around the 128
degree mark, it jumped to 165!!!! I was really freaked out... ($130
roast for the family at Christmas Dinner) Luckily, the 165 was wrong,
and my prime was still medium rare when it was done. I pitched that
thing right then and there.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

> BTW, I found these thermometers on Amazon at pretty good prices if
> anyone is interested (I am upgrading everything while I can!):

http://tinyurl.com/yroequ (dual probe Polder)

> http://tinyurl.com/yqejjb (SS grill surface/oven
> thermometer)

No problems with my Maverick dual probe. It was designed by someone who
knows what it is being used for.

> I have been looking at the Academy/HD/Lowes offerings and the
> Chargriller looks OK. I don't know about using it as a smoker as it
> looks pretty airy and doesn't have much capacity, but you can get the
> smoker box attached and still be under $200.

This is my third season with a Chargriller. No complaints with the
grill, but the cover rotted in two years. The grills are more
substantive than the Kingsford one. Though not porcelain coated, you
can get them from the chargriller web site should they suit your fancy.

> I read a lot about the Chargriller in the archives, but no one really
> comitted whether it was worth the money or not. And I didn't find
> very many posts with opinions (mods, yes - results no) on how this
> works as grill or smoker. There is always that possibility that at
> Thanksgiving I might want to do three or four turkeys and a ham at
> once and I might want something to catch the overflow from the WSM.

I've heard complaints that the paint falls off the side fire box after a
few uses. The dual bottom on the grill is a great design, though some
grease ends up on the bottom (but it does keep it from rusting.) You
can replace that component rather than replacing the grill. I have a
WSM, so I'm only interested in using it as a grill.

I like keeping the charcoal on the right side of the grill and cooking
on the left. It follows the airflow of the grill. You can sear on the
right, and then move off to the left to cook without changing anything.
It will maintain 300 on the left quite easily. I put a couple of
strips of tin foil under the left side when cooking like this. Cleaning
is really easy. For most meals, I'll use a chimney worth of lump on the
bottom, and around half a chimney of unlit on top of that. I'd sure buy
one again.

--

Wally Bedford

"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
Sir Frederick G. Banting

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Thanks Wally, I thought more folks were grilling here

On Jul 16, 1:17 pm, Wally Bedford > wrote:

Wally, thanks for the detailed reply. Like you, I intend to smoke in
this only if I need to catch some overflow requirements. If we are
having a warm winter here it isn't unusual for me to smoke more than a
few turkeys (along with other stuff) during the holiday season. The
rest of the time it will be a grill for chicken, sausage, etc.

Are you using the smoker box on your Chargriller?

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Regarding your subject: 'Thanks Wally, I thought more folks were grilling
here'

Well, Robert, some of us do grill but this is alt.food.*barbecue*. The
majority focus is on barbecue rather than other outdoor cooking. There is a
lot of discussion on grilling.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 16, 3:10 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Well, Robert, some of us do grill but this is >alt.food.*barbecue*.

I understand. The name of the group wasn't lost on me.

>The majority focus is on barbecue rather than other >outdoor cooking. There is a lot of discussion on grilling.

Yup... see that too. I wasn't trying to insult the collective brain
trust by asking a question on simple grilling, and wasn't aware this
was the improper venue for such a question.

I think by your comments that you are confirming that, right?

I obviously assumed incorrectly that (like for me) bbq and grilling,
while distinctly different, can be done by the same people, and at
least in my part of Texas, actually is. Many can and do both and have
an equal enthusiasm for each.

The obvious lack of replies was good enough to shine a light on my
posting error, but thanks for taking the time to write your
explanative missive.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> On Jul 16, 3:10 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>
>> Well, Robert, some of us do grill but this is >alt.food.*barbecue*.

> I understand. The name of the group wasn't lost on me.
>
>> The majority focus is on barbecue rather than other >outdoor
>> cooking. There is a lot of discussion on grilling.

> Yup... see that too. I wasn't trying to insult the collective brain
> trust by asking a question on simple grilling, and wasn't aware this
> was the improper venue for such a question.

No insult taken by me :-) I was just offering a potential explanation as to
why you might not have gotten a response. Grilling questions are fine, it's
just not usually the majority of discussion here.

> I think by your comments that you are confirming that, right?

Grilling questions are fine.

> I obviously assumed incorrectly that (like for me) bbq and grilling,
> while distinctly different, can be done by the same people, and at
> least in my part of Texas, actually is. Many can and do both and have
> an equal enthusiasm for each.

Sorry if I left that impression. Most of us here do both grilling and bbq.

> The obvious lack of replies was good enough to shine a light on my
> posting error, but thanks for taking the time to write your
> explanative missive.

Again, you didn't post improperly. I was just offering a possible
explanation. A lot of us don't answer questions about grilling because that
isn't our primary interest, but there are others that do. Please don't feel
shunned :-).

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Again, you didn't post improperly. I was just offering a possible
> explanation. A lot of us don't answer questions about grilling because that
> isn't our primary interest, but there are others that do. Please don't feel
> shunned :-).

I certainly grill too but wasn't familiar with the unit that
the question was focused on so I figered I'd jest best
hush... ;-D

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 16, 4:38 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> No insult taken by me :-) I was just offering a potential >explanation as to why you might not have gotten a >response. Grilling questions are fine, it's just not usually >the majority of discussion here.
>
> > I think by your comments that you are confirming that, right?

> Grilling questions are fine.

SNIP

> Sorry if I left that impression. Most of us here do both >grilling and bbq.

SNIP

> A lot of us don't answer questions about grilling because >that isn't our primary interest, but there are others that >do. Please don't feel shunned :-).

Well sir, I see I took your comment the wrong way. Sometimes it is
difficult to tell what the intent of post actually is when you don't
know the folks posting and can't see them when they communicate.

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify and respond. Again, it
sounds like I was the one off track.

Actually, all I am looking for (still) is to find a good grill that
could double as a bbqer in a pinch. My experience is that the the
biggest difference in a really good pit and a medium quality pit is
the >endless< fiddling that a medium quality pit requires and the
triple ration of fuel they take to get things done.

So the WSM will do the smoking chores. But I need a grill for shrimp,
fajitas, sausage and quick chicken.

I would welcome ANY suggestions for a grill that is readily
obtainable.

Thanks, Dave.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 16, 4:43 pm, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> I certainly grill too but wasn't familiar with the unit that
> the question was focused on so I figered I'd jest best
> hush... ;-D

No need, Steve. Those were just the ones I found around here that fit
the size and price requirements. I am open for anything reasonable.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 16, 6:03 pm, "frohe" > wrote:

> Dude, ya missed it. Altho the focus here is on BBQ, we >do talk about grilling too.

Sure did.

> What part of Texas you in? I live outside Killeen.

Not so sunny San Antonio. We have had rain for something like 6 weeks
in a row, we have almost the entire amount of rain we get for a year
at this point, my house has flooded out twice, and we have had our
first tornado (verified) in years.

I'm a general contractor. I like the droughts. I miss the droughts.
I only have so much inside work... then the rest is outside. But I
guess the trade off is that we aren't around 100 degrees yet...

So frohe, what are you burnin' your fajitas on?

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Regarding your subject: 'Thanks Wally, I thought more folks were grilling
> here'
>
> Well, Robert, some of us do grill but this is alt.food.*barbecue*. The
> majority focus is on barbecue rather than other outdoor cooking. There is
> a lot of discussion on grilling.
>
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

Dave, as you know better than I, this has been kicked around a lot on this
NG. I think all here are very interested with low temp slow roasting with
wood on the barbecue. However I think 95% of all posters here, including
those that only post about slow cooking, grill the majority of the time
they are in the back yard. A large number grill on gas grills[horrors]. If
this NG was moderated and all posts were only about low and slow it wouldn't
survive. Posts about grilling are not bad. Posts about gas grills aren't
even bad. You, and a few others are the "soul" of this group. I've learned a
lot from you over the years I've been reading and posting. I just don't
think either focus should drift away. I hope no one does.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> [...]
> from Lyfetime pits on Uvlade. And there are a ton more in between. I
> will gladly spend a nice Winter day driving around looking at pits
> when I am ready as I have a lot of places to go see them.
>
> At this time I just want a pit/grill to see me through the next few/
> several months until I am ready to put the $1200 or so I want to spend
> on the grill/smoker size and model I have been looking at. I'll get
> the 400 - 500 gorilla when I get to the new place.
>
> I read a lot about the Chargriller in the archives, but no one really
> comitted whether it was worth the money or not. And I didn't find
> very many posts with opinions (mods, yes - results no) on how this
> works as grill or smoker. There is always that possibility that at
> Thanksgiving I might want to do three or four turkeys and a ham at
> once and I might want something to catch the overflow from the WSM.

I have a Weber Performer[22" charcoal with gas lighter] and a recently
discontinued
Weber Genesis B side by side. For chicken and fish if you use porcelain cast
iron grates with the flat side up
on the gas grill that grills far better than the charcoal when you're
grilling chicken, and especially any fish.
The above grill has been replaced by a bunch of new models. Don't, buy a
grill with stainless steel grates; they don't heat. Weber has finally seen
the light and has a model with the porcelain cast iron grate as above as
standard equipment. As much as I've been ****ed off at my Weber I would have
a hard time going
to a brand that didn't have decent support for replacement parts, etc.

Good Luck in your quest.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> On Jul 16, 1:17 pm, Wally Bedford > wrote:
>
> Wally, thanks for the detailed reply. Like you, I intend to smoke in
> this only if I need to catch some overflow requirements. If we are
> having a warm winter here it isn't unusual for me to smoke more than a
> few turkeys (along with other stuff) during the holiday season. The
> rest of the time it will be a grill for chicken, sausage, etc.
>
> Are you using the smoker box on your Chargriller?
>
> Robert

Nah, the WSM keeps up to my smoking needs. Though I thought of buying
the smoker box, I put an extra shelf on that side.

Grilling and bbqing can happen at the same time. As I stated in my
post, with charcoal on the right side I can grill and then slide away
from the direct heat and BBQ. I think you can post anything here if you
think of alt.food.barbecue as being...

alt.food.barbecueoranthingthatusescharcoalasfuel.

Anything cooking at < 275 goes on the WSM. Anything that requires
low-ish temp and /or searing goes on the chargriller (spatchcocked
chicken, country ribs, sausages, salmon.) The gasser does grilling
only, I've never run it low. Ludicrous searing (tuna steaks) is done on
the charcoal chimney. I put one of the chargriller grates on the top of
it when it is up to speed. ALL the seasoning gets removed from the
grate, but it's easy to reapply.

--

Wally Bedford

"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
Sir Frederick G. Banting
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Jul-2007, Wally Bedford > wrote:

> wrote:
> > On Jul 16, 1:17 pm, Wally Bedford > wrote:
> >
> > Wally, thanks for the detailed reply. Like you, I intend to smoke in
> > this only if I need to catch some overflow requirements. If we are
> > having a warm winter here it isn't unusual for me to smoke more than a
> > few turkeys (along with other stuff) during the holiday season. The
> > rest of the time it will be a grill for chicken, sausage, etc.
> >
> > Are you using the smoker box on your Chargriller?
> >
> > Robert
> >

> Nah, the WSM keeps up to my smoking needs. Though I thought of buying
> the smoker box, I put an extra shelf on that side.
>
> Grilling and bbqing can happen at the same time. As I stated in my
> post, with charcoal on the right side I can grill and then slide away
> from the direct heat and BBQ. I think you can post anything here if you
> think of alt.food.barbecue as being...
>
> alt.food.barbecueoranthingthatusescharcoalasfuel.
>
> Anything cooking at < 275 goes on the WSM. Anything that requires
> low-ish temp and /or searing goes on the chargriller (spatchcocked
> chicken, country ribs, sausages, salmon.) The gasser does grilling
> only, I've never run it low. Ludicrous searing (tuna steaks) is done on
> the charcoal chimney. I put one of the chargriller grates on the top of
> it when it is up to speed. ALL the seasoning gets removed from the
> grate, but it's easy to reapply.
>

> --
>
> Wally Bedford

Here is a verbatim excerpt from the original Charter Documentation for the
then proposed new group "alt.food.barbecue".

: alt.food.barbecue (repost and revision) ... SUMMARY: alt.food.barbecue
would
be a group to discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and ... of
subjects
near and dear to the hearts of Q lovers would ... alt.config - Feb 23, 1996
by
EskWIRED - View Thread (3 articles)

Unless someone takes it upon themselves to formally propose a
change to the original charter and then succeed in getting the
rest of the BBQ world to agree, the original charter will stand. Current
usage notwithstanding.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:

> : alt.food.barbecue (repost and revision) ... SUMMARY: alt.food.barbecue
> would
> be a group to discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and ... of
> subjects
> near and dear to the hearts of Q lovers would ...

Unless I'm mis-reading/mis-understanding, this is a
contradiction in terms. "barbecue and grilling --- southern
style "low and ..." "

Grilling isn't "low and slow" it's high and fast normally.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 16, 11:59 pm, "Kent" > wrote:

SNIP of information

> Good Luck in your quest.
>
> Kent

Thanks for the input, Kent. The quest continues here. I am so used
to cooking on wood, lump or charcoal that I can't imagine cooking on
gas. But I remember Weber doing blind taste test many years ago when
they finally came out with gas.

Their results (which spawned controversy and many similar contests in
backyards all over the country) said that for grilled meats
(especially marinated) that were grilled with a smoke chip box on a
gas grill were found to be no different to tasters than those cooked
on a regular fired grill. This was hamburgers, sausage, hot dogs,
chicken and the like.

The results were obviously different when compared to long smoked
meats with the old fashioned wood/wood product fires winning hands
down.

The grill/pit I am looking for will be tasked with doing both grilling
and barbecueing, so I will be sticking with the charcoalers for now.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Jul-2007, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>

> > : alt.food.barbecue (repost and revision) ... SUMMARY: alt.food.barbecue
> > would
> > be a group to discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and ...
> > of
> > subjects
> > near and dear to the hearts of Q lovers would ...

> Unless I'm mis-reading/mis-understanding, this is a
> contradiction in terms. "barbecue and grilling --- southern
> style "low and ..." "
>
> Grilling isn't "low and slow" it's high and fast normally.
>

> --
> Steve

Steve, you might note that the paragraph you question is abridged.
Your statement is useless without the rest of the content to compare
it with. That was eleven years ago and counting. Unless some hardy
soul archived the original, it's not likely we'll get it back. I've
personally
been around the group since 2003 and will attest to the fact that we
have always discussed both low and slow and hot and fast in this news
group. There have been some heated discussions about terminology,
but that is another discussion.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Jul-2007, Denny Wheeler > wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:33:55 -0400, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>
> >Brick wrote:
> >

> >> : alt.food.barbecue (repost and revision) ... SUMMARY:
> >> alt.food.barbecue
> >> would
> >> be a group to discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and
> >> ... of
> >> subjects
> >> near and dear to the hearts of Q lovers would ...

> >Unless I'm mis-reading/mis-understanding, this is a
> >contradiction in terms. "barbecue and grilling --- southern
> >style "low and ..." "

> You see the ellipsis after ["low and"]??? (ellipsis is 3 dots
> together)--that meant Brick skipped a bunch.
> Here's the charter's text:
> Alt.food.barbecue is a newsgroup in which to discuss barbecue and
> grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and
> briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers
> to salmon to vegetables. Also welcome are regional barbecue society
> meeting and event schedules, results of barbecue competitions, reviews
> of barbecue restaurants and cookbooks, recipes, and discussions of the
> finer points of smoker selection, construction and use. Discussions of
> subjects near and dear to the hearts of Q lovers are also welcome.
> Commercial advertising is not welcome.
>
> -denny-
> --

Thanks Denny. I was/am well aware of what the original charter said,
but was hard pressed to find a copy of it. My previous post was the
best I could come up with before I lost interest and quit looking. I
didn't abbreviate. That was verbatim from the note I found somewhere.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> So frohe, what are you burnin' your fajitas on?

I do all my cooking in a 55 gallon drum like you see outside at your local
HEB.

-frohe

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:

> Steve, you might note that the paragraph you question is abridged.
> Your statement is useless without the rest of the content to compare
> it with. That was eleven years ago and counting. Unless some hardy
> soul archived the original, it's not likely we'll get it back. I've
> personally
> been around the group since 2003 and will attest to the fact that we
> have always discussed both low and slow and hot and fast in this news
> group. There have been some heated discussions about terminology,
> but that is another discussion.

actually Brick, I wasn't bustin' chops it just caught my
eye. I will discuss either if I have something to add. In
this case though I had no knowledge of the unit that he
asked about.

Someone said that grilling is probably done more than que
which for most of us is probably accurate.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:33:55 -0400, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>
>> Brick wrote:
>>
>>> : alt.food.barbecue (repost and revision) ... SUMMARY: alt.food.barbecue
>>> would
>>> be a group to discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and ... of
>>> subjects
>>> near and dear to the hearts of Q lovers would ...

>> Unless I'm mis-reading/mis-understanding, this is a
>> contradiction in terms. "barbecue and grilling --- southern
>> style "low and ..." "

> You see the ellipsis after ["low and"]??? (ellipsis is 3 dots
> together)--that meant Brick skipped a bunch.
> Here's the charter's text:
> Alt.food.barbecue is a newsgroup in which to discuss barbecue and
> grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and
> briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers
> to salmon to vegetables. Also welcome are regional barbecue society
> meeting and event schedules, results of barbecue competitions, reviews
> of barbecue restaurants and cookbooks, recipes, and discussions of the
> finer points of smoker selection, construction and use. Discussions of
> subjects near and dear to the hearts of Q lovers are also welcome.
> Commercial advertising is not welcome.
>
> -denny-

Ah, the unabridged version clears that up. I "assumed" and
you know what that means. ;-)

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 18-Jul-2007, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>
> > Steve, you might note that the paragraph you question is abridged.
> > Your statement is useless without the rest of the content to compare
> > it with. That was eleven years ago and counting. Unless some hardy
> > soul archived the original, it's not likely we'll get it back. I've
> > personally
> > been around the group since 2003 and will attest to the fact that we
> > have always discussed both low and slow and hot and fast in this news
> > group. There have been some heated discussions about terminology,
> > but that is another discussion.
> >

> actually Brick, I wasn't bustin' chops it just caught my
> eye. I will discuss either if I have something to add. In
> this case though I had no knowledge of the unit that he
> asked about.
>
> Someone said that grilling is probably done more than que
> which for most of us is probably accurate.
>
> --
> Steve

No foul Steve. It's good to re-air the origen of the group(s) periodically
just to dispell misconceptions that might be precipitated by the titles.
(Jeez, just lookit! those big words.) As you can see now, AFB was
never meant to be restricted to just grilling or slow roasting and
it hasn't been.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 17, 6:49 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Below I've listed some competent triple taskers: they can bbq, grill, and
> bake.

Thanks, Dave.

Robert

MECO Charcoal BBQ Grill Spud Barbecue 13 01-08-2012 04:30 PM
Which charcoal grill to buy? Mojo Barbecue 11 08-10-2011 08:15 AM
When to put the charcoal in the grill, and when do you have enough? Craig Busch Barbecue 44 17-06-2008 05:04 PM
anyone BWB can on a charcoal grill? TM Preserving 3 18-02-2005 10:20 AM
anyone BWB can on a charcoal grill? TM Preserving 0 17-02-2005 06:13 PM