Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default The Official 2007 AFB Weather Thread

There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all on this
group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity, hurricanes headin' our
way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even snow in August in Las Vegas.

Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close to
everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today, it's rained
all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be the wettest month in
the UK since records began in eighteenhundredandsomething. We've had dams
bursting. Bridges collapsing. Roads being washed away. We've a crippled rail
network and flooding everywhere.

The good news is my broad beans are looking dandy and Thames Water Plc have
finally lifted their hosepipe ban.

Graeme

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" > wrote in message
> There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all on
> this
> group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity, hurricanes headin'
> our
> way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even snow in August in Las Vegas.
>
> Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close to
> everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today, it's
> rained
> all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be the wettest month
> in
> the UK since records began in eighteenhundredandsomething.

So THAT'S where all the rain went? We're having a drought here in
Mississippi. I know we are like 15 inches under the normal for this time of
the year. It's been raining all around us, but nothing here. It was
supposed to have rained/stormed here all day yesterday, NOPE, nothing but
95* and 95% humidity, gotta love it!

B-Worthey

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bworthey wrote:
> "Graeme...in London" > wrote in message
>> There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all
>> on this
>> group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity, hurricanes
>> headin' our
>> way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even snow in August in Las
>> Vegas.
>>
>> Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close
>> to everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today,
>> it's rained
>> all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be the wettest
>> month in
>> the UK since records began in eighteenhundredandsomething.

> So THAT'S where all the rain went? We're having a drought here in
> Mississippi. I know we are like 15 inches under the normal for this
> time of the year. It's been raining all around us, but nothing here.
> It was supposed to have rained/stormed here all day yesterday, NOPE,
> nothing but 95* and 95% humidity, gotta love it!
>
> B-Worthey

We've got fires here in Florida, too. We're in a serious drought. We're
actually hoping for a hurricane, but so far there's not one in sight.

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

kilikini wrote:
> bworthey wrote:
>> "Graeme...in London" wrote...
>>> There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all
>>> on this
>>> group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity, hurricanes
>>> headin' our
>>> way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even snow in August in Las
>>> Vegas.
>>>
>>> Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close
>>> to everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today,
>>> it's rained
>>> all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be the wettest
>>> month in
>>> the UK since records began in eighteenhundredandsomething.

>> So THAT'S where all the rain went? We're having a drought here in
>> Mississippi. I know we are like 15 inches under the normal for this
>> time of the year. It's been raining all around us, but nothing here.
>> It was supposed to have rained/stormed here all day yesterday, NOPE,
>> nothing but 95* and 95% humidity, gotta love it!

> We've got fires here in Florida, too. We're in a serious drought.
> We're actually hoping for a hurricane, but so far there's not one in
> sight.

Well, you can have some of our rain.
Everything is turning green. Trees, grass,
roofs, sidewalks.... :/

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=tlx&product=N0R

Never had this much rain before.

On the plus side I don't have to wash my Jeep.

--
DougW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

DougW wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>>>

>> We've got fires here in Florida, too. We're in a serious drought.
>> We're actually hoping for a hurricane, but so far there's not one in
>> sight.

> Well, you can have some of our rain.
> Everything is turning green. Trees, grass,
> roofs, sidewalks.... :/
>
> http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=tlx&product=N0R
>
> Never had this much rain before.
>
> On the plus side I don't have to wash my Jeep.

I'll take your rain, but you can keep your tornadoes! LOL.

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

DougW wrote:

> kilikini wrote:
> > bworthey wrote:
> >> "Graeme...in London" wrote...

> >> So THAT'S where all the rain went? We're having a drought here in
> >> Mississippi. I know we are like 15 inches under the normal for this
> >> time of the year. It's been raining all around us, but nothing here.
> >> It was supposed to have rained/stormed here all day yesterday, NOPE,
> >> nothing but 95* and 95% humidity, gotta love it!

> > We've got fires here in Florida, too. We're in a serious drought.
> > We're actually hoping for a hurricane, but so far there's not one in
> > sight.

> Well, you can have some of our rain.
> Everything is turning green. Trees, grass,
> roofs, sidewalks.... :/
>
> http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=tlx&product=N0R
>
> Never had this much rain before.
>
> On the plus side I don't have to wash my Jeep.
>
> --
> DougW

It's also here in the north Texas area. A lot of flooding, some in the
next town over from me. So far so good here, pretty soggy, but not
underwater yet. SCUBA gear ready though...

Pete C.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" wrote:

> There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all on this
> group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity, hurricanes headin' our
> way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even snow in August in Las Vegas.
>
> Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close to
> everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today, it's rained
> all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be the wettest month in
> the UK since records began in eighteenhundredandsomething. We've had dams
> bursting. Bridges collapsing. Roads being washed away. We've a crippled rail
> network and flooding everywhere.
>
> The good news is my broad beans are looking dandy and Thames Water Plc have
> finally lifted their hosepipe ban.
>
> Graeme

Is the weather there going to clear up a bit later in the year? I may be
taking a trip out there in the fall (Croydon).

Pete C.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26-Jun-2007, "Graeme...in London" > wrote:

> There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all on this
> group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity, hurricanes headin' our
> way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even snow in August in Las Vegas.
>
> Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close to
> everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today, it's rained
> all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be the wettest month in
> the UK since records began in eighteenhundredandsomething. We've had dams
> bursting. Bridges collapsing. Roads being washed away. We've a crippled rail
> network and flooding everywhere.
>
> The good news is my broad beans are looking dandy and Thames Water Plc have
> finally lifted their hosepipe ban.
>
> Graeme

I can sure tell that the U.S. Government is patterned after the U.K. We have
the exact same kind of bullshit regulations going on here. What should we
expect? The only people who run for office are those who are dedicated to
lying, cheating and stealing their way through life. And we are dumb enough
to vote them into office, because we can't figure out a way to get real people
to run.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; Change it later if necessary)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pete C." > wrote in message

> Is the weather there going to clear up a bit later in the year? I may be
> taking a trip out there in the fall (Croydon).

You should be alright, Pete, except for Croydon, that is.

You're certainly not on a sightseeing holiday in that part of the country!

Graeme...drop me a line if you fancy an ale...not in Croydon, though.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" wrote:

> "Pete C." > wrote in message
> >
> > Is the weather there going to clear up a bit later in the year? I may be
> > taking a trip out there in the fall (Croydon).

> You should be alright, Pete, except for Croydon, that is.
>
> You're certainly not on a sightseeing holiday in that part of the country!
>
> Graeme...drop me a line if you fancy an ale...not in Croydon, though.

No, probable business trip. Not up on the geography over there, not sure
exactly were Croydon is and how it relates to everything else.

Pete C.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pete C." > wrote in message
> "Graeme...in London" wrote:
> >
> > "Pete C." > wrote in message
> > >
> > > Is the weather there going to clear up a bit later in the year? I may

be
> > > taking a trip out there in the fall (Croydon).

> > You should be alright, Pete, except for Croydon, that is.
> >
> > You're certainly not on a sightseeing holiday in that part of the

country!

> > Graeme...drop me a line if you fancy an ale...not in Croydon, though.

> No, probable business trip. Not up on the geography over there, not sure
> exactly were Croydon is and how it relates to everything else.

Pete, Croydon is a bit of a shit-hole. Not a place I'd advise visiting
unless you have to. Sorry if that's bad news!

South London (anywhere South of the River Thames) is bad news. I hate the
place, and only visit mob-handed.

Get North of the river and you'll see why the UK is the 10th greatest
country in the world, according to "official stats!"

Graeme...First round on me, you can buy the rest of the brews if you're on
expenses.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" wrote:

> "Pete C." > wrote in message

> be
> > >
> > > You should be alright, Pete, except for Croydon, that is.
> > >
> > > You're certainly not on a sightseeing holiday in that part of the

> country!
> > >
> > > Graeme...drop me a line if you fancy an ale...not in Croydon, though.

> > No, probable business trip. Not up on the geography over there, not sure
> > exactly were Croydon is and how it relates to everything else.

> Pete, Croydon is a bit of a shit-hole. Not a place I'd advise visiting
> unless you have to. Sorry if that's bad news!
>
> South London (anywhere South of the River Thames) is bad news. I hate the
> place, and only visit mob-handed.
>
> Get North of the river and you'll see why the UK is the 10th greatest
> country in the world, according to "official stats!"
>
> Graeme...First round on me, you can buy the rest of the brews if you're on
> expenses.

I'll let you know if / when things get confirmed.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> On 26-Jun-2007, "Graeme...in London" >
> wrote:
>
>> There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all
>> on this group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity,
>> hurricanes headin' our way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even
>> snow in August in Las Vegas.
>>
>> Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close
>> to everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today,
>> it's rained all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be
>> the wettest month in the UK since records began in
>> eighteenhundredandsomething. We've had dams bursting. Bridges
>> collapsing. Roads being washed away. We've a crippled rail network
>> and flooding everywhere.
>>
>> The good news is my broad beans are looking dandy and Thames Water
>> Plc have finally lifted their hosepipe ban.
>>
>> Graeme

> I can sure tell that the U.S. Government is patterned after the U.K.
> We have the exact same kind of bullshit regulations going on here.
> What should we expect? The only people who run for office are those
> who are dedicated to lying, cheating and stealing their way through
> life. And we are dumb enough to vote them into office, because we
> can't figure out a way to get real people to run.

I'm cramping. Tell me who to shoot first. That always get's 'em running.

Bluto© - I'm yer huckleberry.
Then looking back on that before hitting "send", I can understand how
government can be so corrupt. Simple, honest folks jump in to take over a
corrupt system, find it extremely profitable, and just ride the easy way.

Grass Roots my ass.

(My, Graeme, this has degraded somewhat wouldn't you think? You truly
should expect better behaviour from the Greatest ****ing Nation on the
Planet. (Sorry, I got excited and wetted me underbritches))

I must go wipe me bottom now....

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" > wrote:
> There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all on
> this group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity, hurricanes
> headin' our way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even snow in August
> in Las Vegas.
>
> Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close to
> everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today, it's
> rained all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be the wettest
> month in the UK since records began in eighteenhundredandsomething. We've
> had dams bursting. Bridges collapsing. Roads being washed away. We've a
> crippled rail network and flooding everywhere.
>
> The good news is my broad beans are looking dandy and Thames Water Plc
> have finally lifted their hosepipe ban.

We've had 3.21" of rain all season here in Lala Land. Driest on record.
Lots of fires.

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:23:45 +0100, "Graeme...in London"
> wrote:

>There's normally one captivating thread each year that grips us all on this
>group with regional reports of lung-busting humidity, hurricanes headin' our
>way, hailstones the size of Komado's and even snow in August in Las Vegas.
>
>Well let me be the first to chime in on the subject that's so close to
>everyone's hearts. It's raining here in the UK. Not just today, it's rained
>all bloody month. In fact, June 2007 is reported to be the wettest month in
>the UK since records began in eighteenhundredandsomething. We've had dams
>bursting. Bridges collapsing. Roads being washed away. We've a crippled rail
>network and flooding everywhere.
>
>The good news is my broad beans are looking dandy and Thames Water Plc have
>finally lifted their hosepipe ban.
>
>Graeme

Aah, a typical Calgary June - but you need to throw in a tornado
further North, an hint of serious snow just to the South.

Harry

Posting from Vancouver Island
[1/3rd the size of England with 3 times better Weather]

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pete C." > wrote:
> "Graeme...in London" wrote:

> I'll let you know if / when things get confirmed.

FYI

Croydon, Surrey, South London, is about 25 miles (40 km) from Graeme.

2001 Census Demographics

Total 2001 Population: 107320
Male: 48.2%
Female: 51.8%
Under 18: 25.4%
Over 60: 16.8%
Born outside UK: 17.7%
White: 77.5%
Black: 10.2%
Asian: 7.1%
Mixed: 3.7%
Other: 1.5%
Christian: 65.8%
Hindu: 3.1%
Muslim: 3.9%
Full time students: 3.4%
Graduates 16-74: 21.9%
No Qualifications 16-74: 25.3%
Owner-Occupied: 64.3%
Social Housing: 21.5% (Council: 13.5%, Housing Ass.: 7.9%)
Privately Rented: 11.9%
Homes without central heating and/or private bathroom: 8.4%

Local police force: Metropolitan Police
Crime figures for CRDP area Croydon.

Population: 340,164 (3 times the 2001 Census figure!)
Number of households: 142,000
Recorded crime for six key offences
2004-05 2005-06 % Change
Violence against the person 8,604 7,763 -9.77
Sexual offences 411 352 -14.36
Robbery 1,496 1,845 23.33
Burglary of a dwelling 2,145 2,291 6.81
Theft of a vehicle 1,891 1,788 -5.45
Theft from a vehicle 2,644 2,699 2.08

Reported crime per 1,000 population 2005-06
Local UK Difference
Violence against the person 22.82 19.97 2.86
Sexual offences 1.03 1.17 -0.13
Robbery 5.42 1.85 3.57
Burglary of a dwelling 6.73 5.67 1.07
Theft of a vehicle 5.26 4.04 1.22
Theft from a vehicle 7.93 9.56 -1.62

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6234290.stm

> You honestly couldn't make it up.
>
> Graeme <shaking head in utter disbelief>

Oop the Queen!

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Graeme...in London wrote:
> "Bluto$B%%(B" > wrote in message
>> wrote:
>>> On 26-Jun-2007, "Graeme...in London"
>>> >

>> Then looking back on that before hitting "send", I can understand how
>> government can be so corrupt. Simple, honest folks jump in to take
>> over a corrupt system, find it extremely profitable, and just ride
>> the easy way.

> How's this for a piece of legislation?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6234290.stm

> You honestly couldn't make it up.
>
> Graeme <shaking head in utter disbelief>

Oh, you've GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised, but not
surprised, if you know what I mean.

kili <----- still shaking her head

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Been raining every day this week in St. Louis, but we're still under the
monthly average total, so things are OK. No flooding near here - but we keep
seeing the folks that are having 'em on the news. Best wishes to everybody,
whether you have too much or too little water.

EZ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"kilikini" > wrote:
> Graeme...in London wrote:
> > "Bluto$B%%(B" > wrote in message
> >> wrote:
> >>> >

> > [ . . . ]
> > How's this for a piece of legislation?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6234290.stm

> > You honestly couldn't make it up.
> >
> > Graeme <shaking head in utter disbelief>

> Oh, you've GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised, but not
> surprised, if you know what I mean.
>
> kili <----- still shaking her head

The part about fishing flies is, perhaps, the most ludicrous. For the
majority of Scotsmen, however, I would expect that Kilt-wearing would
obviate the need for fly-fishing. ;-)

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>> Graeme...in London wrote:
>>>>> >
>>> [ . . . ]
>>> How's this for a piece of legislation?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6234290.stm

>>> You honestly couldn't make it up.
>>>
>>> Graeme <shaking head in utter disbelief>

>> Oh, you've GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised, but not
>> surprised, if you know what I mean.
>>
>> kili <----- still shaking her head

> The part about fishing flies is, perhaps, the most ludicrous. For the
> majority of Scotsmen, however, I would expect that Kilt-wearing would
> obviate the need for fly-fishing. ;-)

ROFL!

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" wrote:

> "Pete C." > wrote in message

> be
> > >
> > > You should be alright, Pete, except for Croydon, that is.
> > >
> > > You're certainly not on a sightseeing holiday in that part of the

> country!
> > >
> > > Graeme...drop me a line if you fancy an ale...not in Croydon, though.

> > No, probable business trip. Not up on the geography over there, not sure
> > exactly were Croydon is and how it relates to everything else.

> Pete, Croydon is a bit of a shit-hole. Not a place I'd advise visiting
> unless you have to. Sorry if that's bad news!
>
> South London (anywhere South of the River Thames) is bad news. I hate the
> place, and only visit mob-handed.
>
> Get North of the river and you'll see why the UK is the 10th greatest
> country in the world, according to "official stats!"
>
> Graeme...First round on me, you can buy the rest of the brews if you're on
> expenses.

Graeme? You underwater? It's looking like I'll be out there sometime in
September. Think it will dry up by then?

On the weather note, I find it rather pathetic how various politicians
are talking about the flooding as "unprecedented" and referencing
"climate change" while the flooding is reported to be the worst in 60
years. Hello folks? The worst flooding in 60 years, i.e. 60 years ago
there was flooding that was as bad or worse than the flooding today? As
in if it was as bad or worse 60 years ago, today's floods are not
"unprecedented" and "climate change" can't be blamed.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pete C." > wrote:
> "Graeme...in London" wrote:

[ . . . ]

Pete, I can assure you that, given the opportunity, you definitely want to
do a pub crawl with Graeme. Even if you have to do the Australian crawl!
;-)

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" wrote ...
> "Pete C." wrote:
> > [ . . . ]

> Pete, I can assure you that, given the opportunity, you definitely want to
> do a pub crawl with Graeme. Even if you have to do the Australian crawl!
> ;-)

Well, we all know Graeme won't be driving, so crawling might be the next
best thing...

<eg>

BOB
getting the (OB) spares out and trimmed St. Louis Style and rubbed to smoke
tomorrow night

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" wrote ...
> > "Pete C." wrote:
> > > [ . . . ]

> > Pete, I can assure you that, given the opportunity, you definitely want
> > to do a pub crawl with Graeme. Even if you have to do the Australian
> > crawl! ;-)
> >

> Well, we all know Graeme won't be driving, so crawling might be the next
> best thing...

We never drove to or from the pubs, that I recall. There are several fine
pubs within walking or crawling distance of Graeme's domicile. On one
auspicious occasion, we took the Underground to the Burns' Night
celebration in downtown London. I barely remember the trip (stumble, fall)
home. Graeme is a most congenial drinking companion, although he gets a bit
wild if we're watching the Auld Reekie Hibernians on the telly!

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pete C." > wrote in message

<snip>

> Graeme? You underwater? It's looking like I'll be out there sometime in
> September. Think it will dry up by then?

Hi, Pete. Thankfully I've escaped the floods. FWIW I live in the highest
point in London, and even if a tsunami hit the UK, I'd be safe.

I don't know how much coverage there is in the US of the flooding here, but
it is severe and fresh water is becoming a big problem.

> On the weather note, I find it rather pathetic how various politicians
> are talking about the flooding as "unprecedented" and referencing
> "climate change" while the flooding is reported to be the worst in 60
> years. Hello folks? The worst flooding in 60 years, i.e. 60 years ago
> there was flooding that was as bad or worse than the flooding today? As
> in if it was as bad or worse 60 years ago, today's floods are not
> "unprecedented" and "climate change" can't be blamed.

Pete. The flooding that hit the UK 60 years ago was down to melting snow. My
father told me that the snow was 10-15 feet deep and once it thawed the
floods occurred. What is alarming about the "climate change" argument is
that last week up to 7 inches of rain fell in under 12 hours. Maybe not
"unprecedented" but it's the worst that I've known.

More rain is forecast for the foreseeable, too (it's teeming down again now
as I type) and things are going to get worse before they get better

If you do visit in September, I'm out of the country on the 12th & 13th,
watching Scotland play France in Paris (at football). Sorry, I'm not
cancelling that!!

Graeme

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" wrote:

> "Pete C." > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > Graeme? You underwater? It's looking like I'll be out there sometime in
> > September. Think it will dry up by then?

> Hi, Pete. Thankfully I've escaped the floods. FWIW I live in the highest
> point in London, and even if a tsunami hit the UK, I'd be safe.

Always good. Here in TX we had a heck of a lot of rain a month or so ago
and a lot of flooding, some in the town next to me. Fortunately no
flooding in my area, and now the weather is better and things are mostly
dried up.

> I don't know how much coverage there is in the US of the flooding here, but
> it is severe and fresh water is becoming a big problem.

There has been a fair amount of coverage actually.

> > On the weather note, I find it rather pathetic how various politicians
> > are talking about the flooding as "unprecedented" and referencing
> > "climate change" while the flooding is reported to be the worst in 60
> > years. Hello folks? The worst flooding in 60 years, i.e. 60 years ago
> > there was flooding that was as bad or worse than the flooding today? As
> > in if it was as bad or worse 60 years ago, today's floods are not
> > "unprecedented" and "climate change" can't be blamed.

> Pete. The flooding that hit the UK 60 years ago was down to melting snow. My
> father told me that the snow was 10-15 feet deep and once it thawed the
> floods occurred. What is alarming about the "climate change" argument is
> that last week up to 7 inches of rain fell in under 12 hours. Maybe not
> "unprecedented" but it's the worst that I've known.

The rain we had here in TX was at similar rates. Pretty impressive
actually, my pond level rose about 18" over the first night of the rain
alone, not 18" of rain, something like 10" and runoff from adjacent
areas into the pond.

> More rain is forecast for the foreseeable, too (it's teeming down again now
> as I type) and things are going to get worse before they get better

That's how it was here, felt like 40 days and 40 nights, just not in a
row and most was at night.

> If you do visit in September, I'm out of the country on the 12th & 13th,
> watching Scotland play France in Paris (at football). Sorry, I'm not
> cancelling that!!

Still waiting for confirmation / approval for the trip. Hope
(mis)managment gets off their butts and gets things moving soon since
it's also preventing me from figuring out vacation schedules for the
rest of the year.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:09:02 -0500, Pete C. wrote:
>
> > Always good. Here in TX we had a heck of a lot of rain a month or so ago
> > and a lot of flooding, some in the town next to me. Fortunately no
> > flooding in my area, and now the weather is better and things are mostly
> > dried up.

> A month ago? It's been raining here in Central Texas for the
> last 4 weeks. I think we've only had 5 dry days in that time.
>
> Last week they said it was going to clear up for a week, but then
> it started raining again the next day.
>
> I wonder what the weather is like in Idaho? Anybody?
>
> -sw

I'm north of Dallas. It's dried up here for the most part. The last
couple weeks have been ok, so probably a little less than a month ago.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:42:28 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:36:14 -0500, Pete C. wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>>> A month ago? It's been raining here in Central Texas for the
>>> last 4 weeks. I think we've only had 5 dry days in that time.
>>>
>>> Last week they said it was going to clear up for a week, but then
>>> it started raining again the next day.
>>>
>>> I wonder what the weather is like in Idaho? Anybody?

>> I'm north of Dallas. It's dried up here for the most part. The last
>> couple weeks have been ok, so probably a little less than a month ago.

> Here's an interesting diagram of what's going on in the U.S. this
> year so far:
>
> <http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/regional_monitoring/palmer.gif>
>
> Looks like Idaho is about ready to shrivel up and die.
>
> -sw

Thanks for the weather info Steve....always good to get here on AFB!
--
DavidG-

http://www.usenet.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" wrote...
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:09:02 -0500, Pete C. wrote:
>
>> Always good. Here in TX we had a heck of a lot of rain a month or so ago
>> and a lot of flooding, some in the town next to me. Fortunately no
>> flooding in my area, and now the weather is better and things are mostly
>> dried up.

> A month ago? It's been raining here in Central Texas for the
> last 4 weeks. I think we've only had 5 dry days in that time.
>
> Last week they said it was going to clear up for a week, but then
> it started raining again the next day.
>
> I wonder what the weather is like in Idaho? Anybody?
>
> -sw

Do you really think that anyone cares? That's a place (from what I've
heard) with absolutely nothing of any value.

BOB