FoodBanter.com

-   -   Advice needed for baking many potatoes (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/126521-advice-needed-baking-many.html)

[email protected] 17-06-2007 05:45 AM

Advice needed for baking many potatoes

I would like some advice on baking a somewhat large quantity of
potatoes. I'm trying to bake 33 large russets in my oven, and it has
to be all at once because I don't have time for multiple batches.
Normally, for one or two potatoes, I bake at 400 for an hour.
I'm wondering how the increased quantity is going to affect this.
Should I bake at a higher temperature, or for longer time, or both?

Another consideration is that I only want them to be about 80 - 90%
done, as I will be re-heating them on a BBQ about 6 hours later.

Any suggestions for cook time & temperature?

Thanks,
Bj

Shawn 17-06-2007 02:11 PM

wrote:
> I would like some advice on baking a somewhat large quantity of
> potatoes. I'm trying to bake 33 large russets in my oven, and it has
> to be all at once because I don't have time for multiple batches.
> Normally, for one or two potatoes, I bake at 400 for an hour.
> I'm wondering how the increased quantity is going to affect this.
> Should I bake at a higher temperature, or for longer time, or both?
>
> Another consideration is that I only want them to be about 80 - 90%
> done, as I will be re-heating them on a BBQ about 6 hours later.
>
> Any suggestions for cook time & temperature?
>

> Thanks,
> Bj

Add about 20 minutes to the time you would cook 4.

Ms P 17-06-2007 02:56 PM

"Shawn" > wrote in message
>> I would like some advice on baking a somewhat large quantity of
>> potatoes. I'm trying to bake 33 large russets in my oven, and it has
>> to be all at once because I don't have time for multiple batches.
>> Normally, for one or two potatoes, I bake at 400 for an hour.
>> I'm wondering how the increased quantity is going to affect this.
>> Should I bake at a higher temperature, or for longer time, or both?
>>
>> Another consideration is that I only want them to be about 80 - 90%
>> done, as I will be re-heating them on a BBQ about 6 hours later.
>>
>> Any suggestions for cook time & temperature?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Bj

> Add about 20 minutes to the time you would cook 4.

Why? 4 or 40 should take the same amount of time. I'd bake them at a lower
temp so the skins don't get too crispy since you're going to put them on a
grill. 350 for an hour should get them to the 80 to 90% done stage you
want.

Ms P