Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Lookin for brisket in NH

Hi all....just moved to NH, and am having some trouble finding brisket. I'm
in the seacoast area. Don't mind a bit of travel...especially if it's nice
and I can fit the brisket in a saddlebag!

Thanks...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Scooter" > wrote in message
news
> Hi all....just moved to NH, and am having some trouble finding brisket.
> I'm in the seacoast area. Don't mind a bit of travel...especially if it's
> nice and I can fit the brisket in a saddlebag!
>
> Thanks...

If two hours is acceptable, Fairway Beef in Worcester, MA has briskets, full
packer cut. They are off Rte 290, exit 14. Nice ride on a spring day. If
you have a super Wal Mart, they usually have them. They just opened one
near work but have not hat the briskets but once so far. Meat manager told
me that is being corrected. That store is in Whitinsville, MA off of Rte
146 exit 5.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 14, 2:39 pm, "Scooter" > wrote:
> Hi all....just moved to NH, and am having some trouble finding brisket. I'm
> in the seacoast area. Don't mind a bit of travel...especially if it's nice
> and I can fit the brisket in a saddlebag!
>
> Thanks...

Anything you want Q wise, from brisket to a whole hog.
Lemay & Sons in Goffstown (Near Manchvegas). Call first.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um...17600304294201

Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:39:46 -0400, Scooter wrote:

> Hi all....just moved to NH, and am having some trouble finding brisket. I'm
> in the seacoast area. Don't mind a bit of travel...especially if it's nice
> and I can fit the brisket in a saddlebag!
>
> Thanks...

Hi Scooter. I'm in the seacoast also. The Super Walmart in Epping NH has
packer cut Briskets....usually a good selection.

http://www.themeathouse.com/index.html

These guys will have Brisket, but you'll pay more $$$ for it.

Post here if you find a good source!
--
DavidG-

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Scooter" > wrote in message
> news
>> Hi all....just moved to NH, and am having some trouble finding
>> brisket. I'm in the seacoast area. Don't mind a bit of
>> travel...especially if it's nice and I can fit the brisket in a
>> saddlebag! Thanks...

> If two hours is acceptable, Fairway Beef in Worcester, MA has
> briskets, full packer cut. They are off Rte 290, exit 14. Nice ride
> on a spring day. If you have a super Wal Mart, they usually have
> them. They just opened one near work but have not hat the briskets
> but once so far. Meat manager told me that is being corrected. That
> store is in Whitinsville, MA off of Rte 146 exit 5.

Thanks Ed. I usally take the 290 on my way to and from NH when going back
and forth to NY. I will stop there on my next trip.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pierre wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2:39 pm, "Scooter" > wrote:
>> Hi all....just moved to NH, and am having some trouble finding
>> brisket. I'm in the seacoast area. Don't mind a bit of
>> travel...especially if it's nice and I can fit the brisket in a
>> saddlebag!
>>
>> Thanks...

> Anything you want Q wise, from brisket to a whole hog.
> Lemay & Sons in Goffstown (Near Manchvegas). Call first.
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um...17600304294201
>
> Pierre

Thanks for the link....I will check them out. I cant find a decent steak at
any local grocery stores either. I need to find a good butcher/meat shop.

Thanks...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

DavidG- wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:39:46 -0400, Scooter wrote:
>
>> Hi all....just moved to NH, and am having some trouble finding
>> brisket. I'm in the seacoast area. Don't mind a bit of
>> travel...especially if it's nice and I can fit the brisket in a
>> saddlebag!
>>
>> Thanks...

> Hi Scooter. I'm in the seacoast also. The Super Walmart in Epping NH
> has packer cut Briskets....usually a good selection.
>
> http://www.themeathouse.com/index.html
>
> These guys will have Brisket, but you'll pay more $$$ for it.
>
> Post here if you find a good source!

Thanks Dave, I will check in Epping. I have been in that WalMart a few
times, but forgot to look for brisket when I was there. That has to be the
nicest Walmart I have ever been in! I usally hate going to Walmart, but I
don't mind going to that one.

I will check out "The Meat House" too. I've been looking for a good place to
get steaks, but havent found any yet. It seems like every place cuts the
bone out of their ribeyes....is that standard around here?

Thanks....

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 15, 7:34 am, "Scooter" > wrote:
> DavidG- wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:39:46 -0400, Scooter wrote:

> >> Hi all....just moved to NH, and am having some trouble finding
> >> brisket. I'm in the seacoast area. Don't mind a bit of
> >> travel...especially if it's nice and I can fit the brisket in a
> >> saddlebag!

> >> Thanks...

> > Hi Scooter. I'm in the seacoast also. The Super Walmart in Epping NH
> > has packer cut Briskets....usually a good selection.

> >http://www.themeathouse.com/index.html

> > These guys will have Brisket, but you'll pay more $$$ for it.

> > Post here if you find a good source!

> Thanks Dave, I will check in Epping. I have been in that WalMart a few
> times, but forgot to look for brisket when I was there. That has to be the
> nicest Walmart I have ever been in! I usally hate going to Walmart, but I
> don't mind going to that one.
>
> I will check out "The Meat House" too. I've been looking for a good place to
> get steaks, but havent found any yet. It seems like every place cuts the
> bone out of their ribeyes....is that standard around here?
>
> Thanks....- Hide quoted text -

Scooter, where'd you move from?

There's Sausage Heaven in Manchestah for great sausage, Bread and
Circus in Mass, Burlington would be your closest.(as NH doesn't
warrant a Whole Foods) and a great meat marked on the MA/RI border,
off the beaten track. They smoke their own, and have some great
jerkey. Bought some nice beef dinosaur bones in there too. The name
escapes me.

Lemay, is a 40 minute trip from the coast; hit the sausage place while
you at it on south elm. Oh, sausage heaven carries Wicked good lump,
also hard to come by in the Granite state.

Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pierre wrote:
> On Jun 15, 7:34 am, "Scooter" > wrote:
>> DavidG- wrote:

>>> Hi Scooter. I'm in the seacoast also. The Super Walmart in Epping NH
>>> has packer cut Briskets....usually a good selection.

>>> http://www.themeathouse.com/index.html

>>> These guys will have Brisket, but you'll pay more $$$ for it.

>>> Post here if you find a good source!

>> Thanks Dave, I will check in Epping. I have been in that WalMart a
>> few times, but forgot to look for brisket when I was there. That has
>> to be the nicest Walmart I have ever been in! I usally hate going to
>> Walmart, but I don't mind going to that one.
>>
>> I will check out "The Meat House" too. I've been looking for a good
>> place to get steaks, but havent found any yet. It seems like every
>> place cuts the bone out of their ribeyes....is that standard around
>> here?
>>
>> Thanks....- Hide quoted text -

> Scooter, where'd you move from?
>
> There's Sausage Heaven in Manchestah for great sausage, Bread and
> Circus in Mass, Burlington would be your closest.(as NH doesn't
> warrant a Whole Foods) and a great meat marked on the MA/RI border,
> off the beaten track. They smoke their own, and have some great
> jerkey. Bought some nice beef dinosaur bones in there too. The name
> escapes me.
>
> Lemay, is a 40 minute trip from the coast; hit the sausage place while
> you at it on south elm. Oh, sausage heaven carries Wicked good lump,
> also hard to come by in the Granite state.
>
> Pierre

Pierre.... I moved here form western New York.....near Buffalo.

Thanks for all the tips. I checked the Epping Wally-World...no brisket. I'll
keep checking around though.

Sausage Heaven looks great. We had a great local sausage place back home, so
I'll be making a trip to Manchester soon.

I found some Wicked charcoal at Philbrick's market in Portsmouth. Great
place, but a bit pricey for meats.I didn't buy any charcoal...I thought
$18/bag was a bit too high for lump. I have been using some "Original
Charcoal" briquettes that I found at Home Depot.....didn't get the $2.99
deal though.

Gonna call Lemay for brisket soon.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:55:01 -0400, Scooter wrote:

> Pierre wrote:

>>> Thanks Dave, I will check in Epping. I have been in that WalMart a
>>> few times, but forgot to look for brisket when I was there. That has
>>> to be the nicest Walmart I have ever been in! I usally hate going to
>>> Walmart, but I don't mind going to that one.
>>>
>>> I will check out "The Meat House" too. I've been looking for a good
>>> place to get steaks, but havent found any yet. It seems like every
>>> place cuts the bone out of their ribeyes....is that standard around
>>> here?
>>>
>>> Thanks....- Hide quoted text -

>> Scooter, where'd you move from?
>>
>> There's Sausage Heaven in Manchestah for great sausage, Bread and
>> Circus in Mass, Burlington would be your closest.(as NH doesn't
>> warrant a Whole Foods) and a great meat marked on the MA/RI border,
>> off the beaten track. They smoke their own, and have some great
>> jerkey. Bought some nice beef dinosaur bones in there too. The name
>> escapes me.
>>
>> Lemay, is a 40 minute trip from the coast; hit the sausage place while
>> you at it on south elm. Oh, sausage heaven carries Wicked good lump,
>> also hard to come by in the Granite state.
>>
>> Pierre

> Pierre.... I moved here form western New York.....near Buffalo.
>
> Thanks for all the tips. I checked the Epping Wally-World...no brisket. I'll
> keep checking around though.
>
> Sausage Heaven looks great. We had a great local sausage place back home, so
> I'll be making a trip to Manchester soon.
>
> I found some Wicked charcoal at Philbrick's market in Portsmouth. Great
> place, but a bit pricey for meats.I didn't buy any charcoal...I thought
> $18/bag was a bit too high for lump. I have been using some "Original
> Charcoal" briquettes that I found at Home Depot.....didn't get the $2.99
> deal though.
>
> Gonna call Lemay for brisket soon.
>
> Thanks!

The Wal mart in Newington is the only one in the area where I have found
lump...it's a bit hit or miss, but they have Royal Oak for $5.25 or so when
they have it (10 lb. bag). The kitchen store by the Fox run mall has BGE
lump in 20 lb. bags. I forget the price, but it might have been 15-20. I
looked in the Home Depot for the Original charcoal, but only found
Kingsford...I know they're moving, so I thought maybe they're stock was
low....did you get it at the Newington store?
--
DavidG-

http://www.usenet.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

DavidG- wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:55:01 -0400, Scooter wrote:
>
>> Pierre wrote:

>>> Scooter, where'd you move from?
>>>
>>> There's Sausage Heaven in Manchestah for great sausage, Bread and
>>> Circus in Mass, Burlington would be your closest.(as NH doesn't
>>> warrant a Whole Foods) and a great meat marked on the MA/RI border,
>>> off the beaten track. They smoke their own, and have some great
>>> jerkey. Bought some nice beef dinosaur bones in there too. The
>>> name escapes me.
>>>
>>> Lemay, is a 40 minute trip from the coast; hit the sausage place
>>> while you at it on south elm. Oh, sausage heaven carries Wicked
>>> good lump, also hard to come by in the Granite state.
>>>
>>> Pierre

>> Pierre.... I moved here form western New York.....near Buffalo.
>>
>> Thanks for all the tips. I checked the Epping Wally-World...no
>> brisket. I'll keep checking around though.
>>
>> Sausage Heaven looks great. We had a great local sausage place back
>> home, so I'll be making a trip to Manchester soon.
>>
>> I found some Wicked charcoal at Philbrick's market in Portsmouth.
>> Great place, but a bit pricey for meats.I didn't buy any
>> charcoal...I thought $18/bag was a bit too high for lump. I have
>> been using some "Original Charcoal" briquettes that I found at Home
>> Depot.....didn't get the $2.99 deal though.
>>
>> Gonna call Lemay for brisket soon.
>>
>> Thanks!

> The Wal mart in Newington is the only one in the area where I have
> found lump...it's a bit hit or miss, but they have Royal Oak for
> $5.25 or so when they have it (10 lb. bag). The kitchen store by the
> Fox run mall has BGE lump in 20 lb. bags. I forget the price, but it
> might have been 15-20. I looked in the Home Depot for the Original
> charcoal, but only found Kingsford...I know they're moving, so I
> thought maybe they're stock was low....did you get it at the
> Newington store?

Yeah....I got it at Newington. Got the last two bags in fact...sorry. The
store in Seabrook had a bunch last week when I was in there.

I guess $15-20 is normal for 20 lb's of lump around here. I did find some
Cowboy lump for less, but I find it's hit or miss with the cowboy.