Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Default Tennessee barbecue

Spent Thursday through Sunday in Tennessee for a gathering of about a
hundred or so Harley riders. One day, decided to visit a neighboring town
for some barbecue. Asked around, and ate at "The Corner Barbecue." And
that's just what it was, a little joint on a corner. This one was
uncharacteristically very clean inside, formica tables, white linoleum
floors. They also sold breakfast, and on the lunch menu was also hot dogs
and hamburgers.

The only kind of barbecue they had was pork. No brisket. I had a pulled pork
sandwich plate, which was, as you'd expect, the sandwich with cole slaw and
beans. The sauce was exactly what you'd expect in a Tennessee joint - kinda
sweet and tangy, a little thinner than the Kansas City style, a little less
tomatoey than the St. Louis style.

In other words, just what you'd expect from a Tennessee barbecue joint.
Outside in the back was the big stack of hickory logs, which is the only
fuel they use. It was good, but not great. Just a tad on the dry side.

Mine's better, of course

EZ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"EZ" > wrote in
et:

> The only kind of barbecue they had was pork. No brisket.

Of course. Brisket isn't BBQ. Its a fine thing to cook on the grill, but
BBQ comes from a pig!

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Barry Bean wrote:
> Of course. Brisket isn't BBQ. Its a fine thing to cook on the grill,
> but BBQ comes from a pig!

I'm betting there are some folks here who would disagree with you. I'm one
of them. There are millions of people in Texas and Kansas City and St. Louis
and many other places who would as well.

EZ
from St. Louis

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
KW KW is offline

"EZ" > wrote in message
> Barry Bean wrote:
> > Of course. Brisket isn't BBQ. Its a fine thing to cook on the grill,
> > but BBQ comes from a pig!

> I'm betting there are some folks here who would disagree with you. I'm one
> of them. There are millions of people in Texas and Kansas City and St.

Louis
> and many other places who would as well.

Eh....your right EZ....you *could* disagree.......but you'd still be wrong
<VBG>

BBQ=Pork=BBQ

KW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:53:45 -0400, "KW"
<keith_warrennospamatallteldotnet> wrote:

>> I'm betting there are some folks here who would disagree with you. I'm one
>> of them. There are millions of people in Texas and Kansas City and St.

>Louis
>> and many other places who would as well.
>>

>Eh....your right EZ....you *could* disagree.......but you'd still be wrong
><VBG>
>
>BBQ=Pork=BBQ
>
>KW

Hence the source of the disagreement. Pork is BBQ to Southrons,
Yankees include beef in the definition. Let's not even get started
about those wild and crazy Texicans.

It's all tasty, and that's the important thing.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"KW" <keith_warrennospamatallteldotnet> wrote:
> "EZ" > wrote in message
> > Barry Bean wrote:
> > > Of course. Brisket isn't BBQ. Its a fine thing to cook on the grill,
> > > but BBQ comes from a pig!

> > I'm betting there are some folks here who would disagree with you. I'm
> > one of them. There are millions of people in Texas and Kansas City and
> > St. Louis and many other places who would as well.
> >

> Eh....your right EZ....you *could* disagree.......but you'd still be
> wrong <VBG>
>
> BBQ=Pork=BBQ

I'd be most interested in seeing how to cook a brisket on the grill.

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"EZ" > wrote in
:

> Barry Bean wrote:
>> Of course. Brisket isn't BBQ. Its a fine thing to cook on the grill,
>> but BBQ comes from a pig!

> I'm betting there are some folks here who would disagree with you. I'm
> one of them. There are millions of people in Texas and Kansas City and
> St. Louis and many other places who would as well.

Texas is a special case, but I can't think of any reason that KC or STL
would be any great repository of BBQ knowledge.

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bkhuna > wrote in news:rujb631cfjf2ib2kvs9u0pom07f7d4tq1l@
4ax.com:

> Hence the source of the disagreement. Pork is BBQ to Southrons,
> Yankees include beef in the definition.

Why would anyone ask a Yankee what constitutes BBQ?

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer > wrote in news:20070605175637.005
:

>> BBQ=Pork=BBQ

> I'd be most interested in seeing how to cook a brisket on the grill.

Brisket is great on teh gril. We put a brisket on the grill right next to
the BBQ when we have big parties. When its all ready, people have their
choice of brisket, BBQ, or both. Good eatin!

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean > wrote:
> Bkhuna > wrote in

> > Hence the source of the disagreement. Pork is BBQ to Southrons,
> > Yankees include beef in the definition.

> Why would anyone ask a Yankee what constitutes BBQ?

Ya know, bb, I've been tryin' ta keep an open mind aboutcha, but yer
pushin' it!

~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote in news:20070605175637.005

> >> BBQ=Pork=BBQ

> > I'd be most interested in seeing how to cook a brisket on the grill.

> Brisket is great on teh gril. We put a brisket on the grill right next to
> the BBQ when we have big parties. When its all ready, people have their
> choice of brisket, BBQ, or both. Good eatin!

So, when you say, "We put a brisket on the grill right next to the BBQ," do
you mean you grill yer BBQ? Do you slice the brisket or grill it whole?

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

KW wrote:
> "EZ" > wrote in message
> > Barry Bean wrote:
> > > Of course. Brisket isn't BBQ. Its a fine thing to cook on the
> > > grill, but BBQ comes from a pig!

> > I'm betting there are some folks here who would disagree with you.
> > I'm one of them. There are millions of people in Texas and Kansas
> > City and St. Louis and many other places who would as well.
> >

> Eh....your right EZ....you *could* disagree.......but you'd still be
> wrong <VBG>
>
> BBQ=Pork=BBQ
>
> KW

Is this the same area of the country where ALL carbonated soft drinks are called
"coke"?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> I'd be most interested in seeing how to cook a brisket on the grill.

A lady in work (she's from Texas) does it that way. Just keeps the
temperature low and cooks them about 8 - 10 hours.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
KW KW is offline

"Rick Brandt" > wrote in message
t...
> KW wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm betting there are some folks here who would disagree with you.
> > > I'm one of them. There are millions of people in Texas and Kansas
> > > City and St. Louis and many other places who would as well.
> > >

> > Eh....your right EZ....you *could* disagree.......but you'd still be
> > wrong <VBG>
> >
> > BBQ=Pork=BBQ
> >
> > KW

> Is this the same area of the country where ALL carbonated soft drinks are

called
> "coke"?

That'd be Coke with a capital "C" aka Co-Cola fer you city slickers and yes
it's all Coke down heayah. Why do you think that sweet thing asks ya down at
the Waffle House....."What kind of Coke do ya'll want Sugah?"

Back on topic.....I'm just saying (tongue in cheek mind ya) that in my part
of the South, BBQ is a noun ..... if ya don't believe me, just go to any
*non-chain* BBQ joint in GA, NC or SC and order the BBQ plate with beans,
fries and a sweet tea.....offer no more specifics than that, then sit back
and see what gets delivered to the table. Betcha it's Pig!

KW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> "KW" <keith_warrennospamatallteldotnet> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm betting there are some folks here who would disagree with
> > > you. I'm one of them. There are millions of people in Texas and
> > > Kansas City and St. Louis and many other places who would as well.
> > >

> > Eh....your right EZ....you *could* disagree.......but you'd still be
> > wrong <VBG>
> >
> > BBQ=Pork=BBQ

> I'd be most interested in seeing how to cook a brisket on the grill.

My bet? Someone is picking nits.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 05 Jun 2007 23:41:30 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Barry Bean > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote in news:20070605175637.005

>> > I'd be most interested in seeing how to cook a brisket on the grill.

>> Brisket is great on teh gril. We put a brisket on the grill right next to
>> the BBQ when we have big parties. When its all ready, people have their
>> choice of brisket, BBQ, or both. Good eatin!

>So, when you say, "We put a brisket on the grill right next to the BBQ," do
>you mean you grill yer BBQ? Do you slice the brisket or grill it whole?

Nick,

Cook's Illustrated did an article this month on making a brisket on
the grill. I'll post it on ABF for those interested.

If someone is picking nit's around here, someone will surely have a
favorite recipe for them.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bkhuna > wrote:
> On 05 Jun 2007 23:41:30 GMT, Nick Cramer >
> >Barry Bean > wrote:
> >> Nick Cramer > wrote in

> >> Brisket is great on teh gril. We put a brisket on the grill right next
> >> to the BBQ when we have big parties. When its all ready, people have
> >> their choice of brisket, BBQ, or both. Good eatin!

> >So, when you say, "We put a brisket on the grill right next to the BBQ,"
> >do you mean you grill yer BBQ? Do you slice the brisket or grill it
> >whole?

> Nick,
>
> Cook's Illustrated did an article this month on making a brisket on
> the grill. I'll post it on ABF for those interested.
>
> If someone is picking nit's around here, someone will surely have a
> favorite recipe for them.

Not nit-picking. Just trying to understand.

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer > wrote in
:

> Barry Bean > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote in

>> > I'd be most interested in seeing how to cook a brisket on the
>> > grill.

>> Brisket is great on teh gril. We put a brisket on the grill right
>> next to the BBQ when we have big parties. When its all ready, people
>> have their choice of brisket, BBQ, or both. Good eatin!

> So, when you say, "We put a brisket on the grill right next to the
> BBQ," do you mean you grill yer BBQ? Do you slice the brisket or grill
> it whole?

My BBQ is cooked in a grill. Slowly.

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote in
> > Barry Bean > wrote:
> >> Nick Cramer > wrote in

> >> Brisket is great on teh gril. We put a brisket on the grill right
> >> next to the BBQ when we have big parties. When its all ready, people
> >> have their choice of brisket, BBQ, or both. Good eatin!

> > So, when you say, "We put a brisket on the grill right next to the
> > BBQ," do you mean you grill yer BBQ? Do you slice the brisket or grill
> > it whole?

> My BBQ is cooked in a grill. Slowly.

What we have here may well be a failure to communicate. Cooked IN a grill
suggests to me a covered cooking device, which I would call a BBQ or hot
smoker, with an indirect heat source. Cooked ON a grill would suggest to me
cooking on a grate, uncovered, directly over the heat source.

Please clarify for this old man. Thanks.

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer > wrote in
:

> Barry Bean > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote in

>> > So, when you say, "We put a brisket on the grill right next to the
>> > BBQ," do you mean you grill yer BBQ? Do you slice the brisket or
>> > grill it whole?

>> My BBQ is cooked in a grill. Slowly.

> What we have here may well be a failure to communicate. Cooked IN a
> grill suggests to me a covered cooking device, which I would call a
> BBQ or hot smoker, with an indirect heat source. Cooked ON a grill
> would suggest to me cooking on a grate, uncovered, directly over the
> heat source.
>
> Please clarify for this old man. Thanks.

In most of the South, a grill is what you call a BBQ, but then its also
what you'd call a grill. Basically, grill is a generic term for something
that holds a heat source and the meat. A hibachi is a grill. A smoker is
a grill. To make hot dogs or steak you build a big fire in the small
grill. To make BBQ you use a small fire in the big grill.

Of course, grill can also be a verb, and simply means to cook outside
over some sort of fire. Ordinarily, this is pretty direct, as in - we're
grilling steaks this weekend. However, in a different context this can
also refer to cooking BBQ.

And while BBQ usually refers to the meat itself, it can also be a verb.
"We're going to BBQ this weekend" means we're going to cook pork slow,
over indirect heat, with a lot of smoke.

Context is everything.

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean wrote:

> In most of the South, a grill is what you call a BBQ,

No, pulled pork or ribs or brisket is what you'd call bbq. BBQ ain't a piece
of equipment. A pit or, in some folks vocabulary, a smoker is what you cook
bbq in.

> but then its
> also what you'd call a grill. Basically, grill is a generic term for
> something that holds a heat source and the meat....

That's only half the definition. A grill is something that holds a high
temperature heat source designed to cook food (in this discussion the food
is meat) in a direct manner.

> A hibachi is a
> grill.

Correct

> A smoker is a grill.

Absolutely incorrect. A smoker is a smoker, or a pit.

> To make hot dogs or steak you build a big
> fire in the small grill.

It doesn't have to be a big fire, or even a fire. Just high heat that is
directly under the meat. Your previous example of an hibachi shows that the
fallacy of your wrongly held notions, since it only uses a very small fire.

> To make BBQ you use a small fire in the big
> grill.

This is where you get confused. You *can* cook bbq on a grill, but in
addition to the fire being small, it must be indirect. An outdoor grill is
set up to do one thing well, and that is to cook meat quickly over a direct,
hot fire. A grill is not designed for low temperature cooking and air-flow
control. It can be done, but it is a lot of work and takes experience.

A pit, or smoker, is designed for a much more precise airflow and
temperature control. It is designed to cook indirectly. Again, while some
pits can also grill it is a much more clumsy affair since they are not
designed to do high-heat direct cooking.

> Of course, grill can also be a verb, and simply means to cook outside
> over some sort of fire.

No, it doesn't. Grilling is the direct application of high heat to food. I
grill inside all the time. Grilled cheese sandwiches, steaks, hamburgers,
french toast, etc.

> Ordinarily, this is pretty direct, as in -
> we're grilling steaks this weekend. However, in a different context
> this can also refer to cooking BBQ.

No, it can't.

> And while BBQ usually refers to the meat itself, it can also be a
> verb. "We're going to BBQ this weekend"

And that proves your point about grilling, how?

> means we're going to cook
> pork slow, over indirect heat, with a lot of smoke.

Again, what does that have to do with your point on grilling? And just an
FYI here, smoke is not a requirement for bbq, and a lot of smoke exposure is
a sure way to spoil the taste of the meat with bitter flavor. You really
know very little about what your talking about.

> Context is everything.

So is knowlege; it's too bad that you're lacking in both.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Barry Bean wrote:
>
>> In most of the South, a grill is what you call a BBQ,

> No, pulled pork or ribs or brisket is what you'd call bbq. BBQ ain't
> a piece of equipment. A pit or, in some folks vocabulary, a smoker is
> what you cook bbq in.
>
>> but then its
>> also what you'd call a grill. Basically, grill is a generic term for
>> something that holds a heat source and the meat....

> That's only half the definition. A grill is something that holds a
> high temperature heat source designed to cook food (in this
> discussion the food is meat) in a direct manner.
>
>> A hibachi is a
>> grill.

> Correct
>
>> A smoker is a grill.

> Absolutely incorrect. A smoker is a smoker, or a pit.
>
>> To make hot dogs or steak you build a big
>> fire in the small grill.

> It doesn't have to be a big fire, or even a fire. Just high heat that
> is directly under the meat. Your previous example of an hibachi
> shows that the fallacy of your wrongly held notions, since it only
> uses a very small fire.
>
>> To make BBQ you use a small fire in the big
>> grill.

> This is where you get confused. You *can* cook bbq on a grill, but in
> addition to the fire being small, it must be indirect. An outdoor
> grill is set up to do one thing well, and that is to cook meat
> quickly over a direct, hot fire. A grill is not designed for low
> temperature cooking and air-flow control. It can be done, but it is a
> lot of work and takes experience.
>
> A pit, or smoker, is designed for a much more precise airflow and
> temperature control. It is designed to cook indirectly. Again, while
> some pits can also grill it is a much more clumsy affair since they
> are not designed to do high-heat direct cooking.
>
>> Of course, grill can also be a verb, and simply means to cook outside
>> over some sort of fire.

> No, it doesn't. Grilling is the direct application of high heat to
> food. I grill inside all the time. Grilled cheese sandwiches, steaks,
> hamburgers, french toast, etc.
>
>> Ordinarily, this is pretty direct, as in -
>> we're grilling steaks this weekend. However, in a different context
>> this can also refer to cooking BBQ.

> No, it can't.
>
>> And while BBQ usually refers to the meat itself, it can also be a
>> verb. "We're going to BBQ this weekend"

> And that proves your point about grilling, how?
>
>> means we're going to cook
>> pork slow, over indirect heat, with a lot of smoke.

> Again, what does that have to do with your point on grilling? And
> just an FYI here, smoke is not a requirement for bbq, and a lot of
> smoke exposure is a sure way to spoil the taste of the meat with
> bitter flavor. You really know very little about what your talking
> about.
>
>> Context is everything.

> So is knowlege; it's too bad that you're lacking in both.

(purposely not snipped)

I'd have to agree with everything Dave said. He's spot on.

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"kilikini" > wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:
> > Barry Bean wrote:
> > [ . . . ]

> I'd have to agree with everything Dave said. He's spot on.

Dr. Bugg has, with surgical precision, separated the tip from the flat!

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

kilikini wrote:

> I'd have to agree with everything Dave said. He's spot on.
>
> kili

But, but, but...I can smoke on the grill.

Bluto©

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bluto wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>

>> I'd have to agree with everything Dave said. He's spot on.
>>
>> kili

> But, but, but...I can smoke on the grill.
>
> Bluto©

You can smoke on the water, too. :~)

But in all seriousness, Dave didn't say that you *couldn't* BBQ on a grill;
he said in order to do so, it requires skill and experience.

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bluto wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>

>> I'd have to agree with everything Dave said. He's spot on.
>>
>> kili

> But, but, but...I can smoke on the grill.

You sure can. It may just take a lot more effort and fuel than would be used
in a pit or smoker. Heck, I've even detailed how 'Q can be done on the Weber
Genesis grills (see below)

<begin quote from a past post>
Use only the back burner of the Genesis. You will have to use a combination
of methods to
vent and control the temperature via finely adjusting the burner control, by
propping the lid open (1 - 2"),
and by opening the sliding tray at the bottom of the burner box. I've used
steel pie pans with holes in the bottom holding some lump, which is placed
inside of the sliding drip pan, partially covering the drip hole.
The primary heat is supplied with the back burner.

Place a cookie sheet on the flavorizer bars to act as a buffer between the
flame of the burner and the grill where your meat is cooking. Use a remote
probe thermometer (something Polder-like), placing the probe through a cork
and laid on the grill, to monitor chamber temp. Do NOT depend on the
thermometer that is in the lid, as there will be a variance of 20 to 50
degrees from the actual temp at the grill.

This is a labor intensive process; you will be constantly adjusting lid
levels, adjusting the sliding pan opening and fiddling with the burner
temp.. And because you can't put too
much lump or wood in this type of set-up, be prepared to add lump and wood
chunks on a frequent
basis. In other words, you're stuck at or near the chamber for the
duration. Also, make sure -- DAMNED SURE --- that you have a
non-combustible surface under the grill; either dirt or a heat-proof shield.

You will get passable (meaning better than any restaurant claiming to do 'Q)
barbecue, but when you get a real pit for 'Q, the birds will sing, the sun
will shine, children will stop crying and life will be far easier and quite
a bit tastier. But this will get you started. Just keep in mind, this is
among the most labor intensive ways to do BBQ. Questions? Just holler.
<end quote>

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> This is a labor intensive process; you will be constantly adjusting lid
> levels, adjusting the sliding pan opening and fiddling with the burner
> temp.. And because you can't put too
> much lump or wood in this type of set-up, be prepared to add lump and wood
> chunks on a frequent
> basis. In other words, you're stuck at or near the chamber for the
> duration. Also, make sure -- DAMNED SURE --- that you have a
> non-combustible surface under the grill; either dirt or a heat-proof
> shield.

Questions? Just holler.

Just one question. How long do you boil the brisket before putting it on the
grill?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in
:

> Barry Bean wrote:
>
>> In most of the South, a grill is what you call a BBQ,

> No, pulled pork or ribs or brisket is what you'd call bbq.

Wrong.

> BBQ ain't a
> piece of equipment. A pit or, in some folks vocabulary, a smoker is
> what you cook bbq in.

Never heard the expression "BBQ Pit", huh?

>> A smoker is a grill.

> Absolutely incorrect. A smoker is a smoker, or a pit.

Or a grill.

>> To make BBQ you use a small fire in the big
>> grill.

> This is where you get confused.

Wrong.

>> Of course, grill can also be a verb, and simply means to cook outside
>> over some sort of fire.

> No, it doesn't.

Yes, it does.

>> Context is everything.

> So is knowlege; it's too bad that you're lacking in both.

I'm sure your mother thinks you're a fine cook.

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Barry Bean wrote:
>>
>>> In most of the South, a grill is what you call a BBQ,

>> No, pulled pork or ribs or brisket is what you'd call bbq.

> Wrong.
>
>> BBQ ain't a
>> piece of equipment. A pit or, in some folks vocabulary, a smoker is
>> what you cook bbq in.

> Never heard the expression "BBQ Pit", huh?

Sure, it's a piece of equipment you cook 'Q in. You really are terrible at
this, aren't you?

>>> A smoker is a grill.

>> Absolutely incorrect. A smoker is a smoker, or a pit.

> Or a grill.

Sorry, but you already stated that it was refuted. You've provided no
further rebuttal, so my answer stands.

>>> To make BBQ you use a small fire in the big
>>> grill.

>> This is where you get confused.

> Wrong.

Wow, that's it? You cut my complete response with no attempt at rebuttal?
Sad.

>>> Of course, grill can also be a verb, and simply means to cook
>>> outside over some sort of fire.

>> No, it doesn't.

> Yes, it does.

You deleted my response that blasted your pitiful excuse for logic to bits.
My previous answer still stands.

>>> Context is everything.

>> So is knowlege; it's too bad that you're lacking in both.

> I'm sure your mother thinks you're a fine cook.

And your mother thinks you're a flop. What's yer point?

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>

>> This is a labor intensive process; you will be constantly adjusting
>> lid levels, adjusting the sliding pan opening and fiddling with the
>> burner temp.. And because you can't put too
>> much lump or wood in this type of set-up, be prepared to add lump
>> and wood chunks on a frequent
>> basis. In other words, you're stuck at or near the chamber for the
>> duration. Also, make sure -- DAMNED SURE --- that you have a
>> non-combustible surface under the grill; either dirt or a heat-proof
>> shield.
>>

> Questions? Just holler.
>
> Just one question. How long do you boil the brisket before putting it
> on the grill?

Heck, you helped write the FAQ Ed, didn't that get covered?

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Barry Bean wrote:
> > "Dave Bugg" > wrote in
> >> Barry Bean wrote:

I just gave up on him, Dave. He's now in my Bozo Bin.

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> Barry Bean wrote:
>>> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in

> I just gave up on him, Dave. He's now in my Bozo Bin.

:-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Barry Bean wrote:
>>
>>> In most of the South, a grill is what you call a BBQ,

>> No, pulled pork or ribs or brisket is what you'd call bbq.

> Wrong.
>
>> BBQ ain't a
>> piece of equipment. A pit or, in some folks vocabulary, a smoker is
>> what you cook bbq in.

> Never heard the expression "BBQ Pit", huh?
>
>>> A smoker is a grill.

>> Absolutely incorrect. A smoker is a smoker, or a pit.

> Or a grill.
>
>>> To make BBQ you use a small fire in the big
>>> grill.

>> This is where you get confused.

> Wrong.
>
>>> Of course, grill can also be a verb, and simply means to cook
>>> outside over some sort of fire.

>> No, it doesn't.

> Yes, it does.
>
>>> Context is everything.

>> So is knowlege; it's too bad that you're lacking in both.

> I'm sure your mother thinks you're a fine cook.

Dude, next thing you'll say is that barbecue is a verb.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> > Barry Bean wrote:
> > > "Dave Bugg" > wrote in

> I just gave up on him, Dave. He's now in my Bozo Bin.

Google will prove that it's just a troll. A troll that had a (cannot type
name) supporting "it" about a year ago.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote in
:

> Google will prove that it's just a troll. A troll that had a (cannot
> type name) supporting "it" about a year ago.

Yeah, here I am "trolling":

http://www.beancotton.com/bubba/

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8-Jun-2007, " BOB" > wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > I just gave up on him, Dave. He's now in my Bozo Bin.
> >

> Google will prove that it's just a troll. A troll that had a (cannot type
> name) supporting "it" about a year ago.
>
> BOB

A year or so ago he (Berry Bean) was claiming that he competed
"and" judged at MIM. Since curious minds want to know, I enquired
of the event coordinator about his participation. She never heard of
him.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> On 8-Jun-2007, " BOB" > wrote:

> > > I just gave up on him, Dave. He's now in my Bozo Bin.
> > >

> > Google will prove that it's just a troll. A troll that had a
> > (cannot type name) supporting "it" about a year ago.
> >
> > BOB

> A year or so ago he (Berry Bean) was claiming that he competed
> "and" judged at MIM. Since curious minds want to know, I enquired
> of the event coordinator about his participation. She never heard of
> him.
> --
> Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

;-)
And also bitching about rules in a different sanctioning organization.

BOB