Old 03-06-2007, 02:18 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default 20lb. Lump Briquettes $2.99 @ HD

"Bkhuna" wrote in message

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:57:52 -0500, "Anon"
wrote:

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Bkhuna wrote:

Oops. This being a text-only ng, I bet you were trying to post
this on ABF? --

Hey, it was a picture of text! ;-)

I feel much better now

Well, I will thank you for saving me the trouble of typing out the lable. I
had just gone out to get one and type it out when I saw your post.
;-)

BOB

Old 04-06-2007, 04:13 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

" wrote in message
oups.com...
FWIW: I went in for three bags. The outfit (Original Charcoal Co.
www.originalcharcoal.com) just hooked up with HD.

Rob
Q 4 All

just bought 40 bags---good stuff for the price!! Sometimes the consistency
of briq. is darn nice in the cooker

Buzz

Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Original Charcoal Co. 20lb. Lump Briquettes at HD

My local HD (Fairfield, CA) has these now, 20lbs for $4.99
(sitting next to Kingsford briquettes, 42lbs for $12 and change).

One the Original Charcoal Co. bag, it says that the briquettes
are made from hardwood lump and yucca starch. These, in fact,
appear to be 100% vegetable lump-based briquettes, something
I'd only read about before and have wanted to try since.

The bag claims it's equivalent to 34lbs of "coal dust"
briquettes, probably because of the lack of uncombustable
filler. I bought 4 bags to test for both grilling and
smoking, I'll report back.

Dana
Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Buzz1 wrote:
" wrote in message
oups.com...
FWIW: I went in for three bags. The outfit (Original Charcoal Co.
www.originalcharcoal.com) just hooked up with HD.

Rob
Q 4 All

just bought 40 bags---good stuff for the price!! Sometimes the consistency
of briq. is darn nice in the cooker

I like big pieces of lump for long cooks, but there's something
nice about being able to toss fuel in and have it catch fire
pretty quickly like the smaller briquettes ought to.

Dana
Old 09-06-2007, 10:39 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dana Myers" wrote in message

My local HD (Fairfield, CA) has these now, 20lbs for $4.99
(sitting next to Kingsford briquettes, 42lbs for $12 and change).

One the Original Charcoal Co. bag, it says that the briquettes
are made from hardwood lump and yucca starch. These, in fact,
appear to be 100% vegetable lump-based briquettes, something
I'd only read about before and have wanted to try since.

The bag claims it's equivalent to 34lbs of "coal dust"
briquettes, probably because of the lack of uncombustable
filler. I bought 4 bags to test for both grilling and
smoking, I'll report back.

Dana

even than Royal Oak briquettes.
In my Stump's the ash from 20 pounds is about the same as the ash from lump
charcoal.
I bought 25 bags @ the sale price last weekend. I'll be filling up my
storage area.

BOB

Old 10-06-2007, 03:58 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:

The bag claims it's equivalent to 34lbs of "coal dust"
briquettes, probably because of the lack of uncombustable
filler. I bought 4 bags to test for both grilling and
smoking, I'll report back.

Dana

Better even than Royal Oak briquettes.
In my Stump's the ash from 20 pounds is about the same as the ash
from lump charcoal.
I bought 25 bags @ the sale price last weekend. I'll be filling up my
storage area.

Just based on grilling some salmon and veggies for dinner
tonight, I have to agree, this is excellent stuff. It cooks
like lump, leaves about the same (small) amount of ash that
lump does. I will have to get some more; I'm going to try
using it in the offset for ribs this week.

Dana
Old 10-06-2007, 12:41 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 17:39:48 -0400, " BOB" wrote:

"Dana Myers" wrote in message
om
[...]

Lucky you. I went to my local HD yesterday and saw two bags. There
was no price so I asked. I was told they were from the holiday
promotion and had been discontinued. These were the last two bags and
they me both for $1.00.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:23 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 10-Jun-2007, Larry wrote:

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 17:39:48 -0400, " BOB" wrote:

"Dana Myers" wrote in message
om
[...]

Thanks for the heads up guys. I hit my local HD this morning and copped
ten bags @$4.99. They have at least the better part of a pallet left. I'm
thinking of going back for another ten this afternoon. $53.40 with tax for
200/lbs or 26.7/lb. There is some Kingsford lump locally for 53/lb so
this deal is hard to beat if it isn't some real poor shit.

--
Brick(running out of storage room)
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

hrbricker wrote
Thanks for the heads up guys. I hit my local HD this morning and copped
ten bags @$4.99. They have at least the better part of a pallet left. I'm
thinking of going back for another ten this afternoon. $53.40 with tax for
200/lbs or 26.7/lb. There is some Kingsford lump locally for 53/lb so
this deal is hard to beat if it isn't some real poor shit.

Like I said, it's briquettes. It's good briquettes, though. Very little
ash, slightly more than the same weight of lump. Burns clean, with a slight
smoke smell, but a good taste on the food.

Two Home Despots around here are out. I need to check on a couple more 'til
I run out of storage space, too.

BOB
24 + hours on 20 pounds in my Stump's @ 250 to 350 with this stuff

Old 21-06-2007, 04:03 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 10, 6:11 pm, " BOB" wrote:

Two Home Despots around here are out. I need to check on a couple more 'til
I run out of storage space, too.

Updatin' an old thread here - I just bought a couple bags at 4.99ea in
Salem MA. Seems like they had a lot of the stuff.

--mike (back to lurking)