Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default execellent R2D2 experience

All,
A while back I asked for advice in getting my R2D2 to work better.
Between using NOTHING but Royal Oak hardwood charcoal with some nice
sweet box-elder wood, and drilling vent holes in the bottom and adding
some real thermometers, I've had nothing but success. I mixed up a
batch of "good for pork" (salt, pepper, chili powder, dry mustard,
sugar, paprika) rub and put it on some spare ribs and a chicken cut in
half, and about every hour doused each with a mixer of chili powder
and apple juice. You could taste all the flavors in the meat from the
rub to the apple juice, the meat was tender and juicy, and overall it
was an excellent experience. Too bad I didn't have a brisket to try
let alone the time in which to do it. Thanks for the advice and keep
Q'ing!

an interesting experience Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 4 25-12-2010 06:43 PM
Tea Experience Digest jenandcleo Tea 1 30-07-2006 05:17 AM
Oak-Mor Experience? Patrick Markovic Winemaking 2 31-10-2005 11:08 AM
First experience with Pu-er Dog Ma 1 Tea 4 26-07-2004 04:27 AM
Anyone have experience with... BigDog Barbecue 24 19-06-2004 12:01 AM