Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Barnesville, Ga.

In a couple of hours, I'll be heading to Ocala, Florida to catch my ride to
Barnesville, Ga. to cook with "The Dixie Boys" cook team at the "2007
Barnesville BBQ & Blues Festival" in Barnesville, Georgia. Come on by for a
cold drink if you're in the area. Friday afternoon or Friday night would be
the best time to visit, 'cuz it gets hectic on Saturday morning when we're
preparing the boxes for turn-in.

http://www.flbbq.org/contest.htm

http://www.barnesville.org/bbq_blues.htm

Wish us GOOD LUCK! (with the line of competition, we'll need all the help
we can get!)

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:59:20 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>In a couple of hours, I'll be heading to Ocala, Florida to catch my ride to
>Barnesville, Ga. to cook with "The Dixie Boys" cook team at the "2007
>Barnesville BBQ & Blues Festival" in Barnesville, Georgia. Come on by for a
>cold drink if you're in the area. Friday afternoon or Friday night would be
>the best time to visit, 'cuz it gets hectic on Saturday morning when we're
>preparing the boxes for turn-in.
>
>http://www.flbbq.org/contest.htm
>
>http://www.barnesville.org/bbq_blues.htm
>
>Wish us GOOD LUCK! (with the line of competition, we'll need all the help
>we can get!)
>
>BOB

Have Good One, Bob.

I'll hoist one in your direction, guy.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:59:20 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>
> > In a couple of hours, I'll be heading to Ocala, Florida to catch my
> > ride to Barnesville, Ga. to cook with "The Dixie Boys" cook team
> > at the "2007 Barnesville BBQ & Blues Festival" in Barnesville,
> > Georgia. Come on by for a cold drink if you're in the area.
> > Friday afternoon or Friday night would be the best time to visit,
> > 'cuz it gets hectic on Saturday morning when we're preparing the
> > boxes for turn-in.
> >
> > http://www.flbbq.org/contest.htm
> >
> > http://www.barnesville.org/bbq_blues.htm
> >
> > Wish us GOOD LUCK! (with the line of competition, we'll need all
> > the help we can get!)
> >
> > BOB
> >

> Have Good One, Bob.
>
> I'll hoist one in your direction, guy.
>
> Harry

Thanks, Harry. Third in RIBS, 14th over all and FIRST in Partying, FIRST in
Drunken-Mid-Night Kareoke.

BOB
49 teams

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 19:02:04 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message

>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:59:20 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>>
>> > In a couple of hours, I'll be heading to Ocala, Florida to catch my
>> > ride to Barnesville, Ga. to cook with "The Dixie Boys" cook team
>> > at the "2007 Barnesville BBQ & Blues Festival" in Barnesville,
>> > Georgia. Come on by for a cold drink if you're in the area.
>> > Friday afternoon or Friday night would be the best time to visit,
>> > 'cuz it gets hectic on Saturday morning when we're preparing the
>> > boxes for turn-in.
>> >
>> > http://www.flbbq.org/contest.htm
>> >
>> > http://www.barnesville.org/bbq_blues.htm
>> >
>> > Wish us GOOD LUCK! (with the line of competition, we'll need all
>> > the help we can get!)
>> >
>> > BOB
>> >

>> Have Good One, Bob.
>>
>> I'll hoist one in your direction, guy.
>>
>> Harry

>Thanks, Harry. Third in RIBS, 14th over all and FIRST in Partying, FIRST in
>Drunken-Mid-Night Kareoke.
>
>BOB
>49 teams

The Important Bits count, eh, Bob. The 3rd & 14th placings are very
respectable also . . . .

Harry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 19:02:04 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

> > > Have Good One, Bob.
> > >
> > > I'll hoist one in your direction, guy.
> > >
> > > Harry

> > Thanks, Harry. Third in RIBS, 14th over all and FIRST in Partying,
> > FIRST in Drunken-Mid-Night Kareoke.
> >
> > BOB
> > 49 teams
> >

> The Important Bits count, eh, Bob. The 3rd & 14th placings are very
> respectable also . . . .
>
> Harry

We were very happy with our results. Chicken *should* have won the
"Morton's Salt" award. It was that bad.
The Dixie Boys' rules for competition:
1. Have fun. Have more fun than anyone else.
2. Be the "social center" of the competition.
3. Cook the best BBQ that we possibly can cook today.
4. Don't *ever* get these out of order.

BOB