Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default WSM for $199 FREE shipping! @ Amazon

No, not SPAM, just a hint for those that might be interested

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168

(cut it and paste it, I ain't doing no tinyURL)
or go to Amazon.com to the outdoor section...over on the right, in a box

Good Smoking on it!

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:50:50 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>No, not SPAM, just a hint for those that might be interested
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
>
>(cut it and paste it, I ain't doing no tinyURL)
>or go to Amazon.com to the outdoor section...over on the right, in a box
>
>Good Smoking on it!
>
>BOB

Good Price, Bob.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote in message
> No, not SPAM, just a hint for those that might be interested
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
>
> (cut it and paste it, I ain't doing no tinyURL)
> or go to Amazon.com to the outdoor section...over on the right, in a box
>
> Good Smoking on it!
>
> BOB

Plus shipping? That's going to wipe out most, if not all of the
savings from the usual retail price.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote in message
>> No, not SPAM, just a hint for those that might be interested
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
>>
>> (cut it and paste it, I ain't doing no tinyURL)
>> or go to Amazon.com to the outdoor section...over on the right, in a box
>>
>> Good Smoking on it!
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Plus shipping? That's going to wipe out most, if not all of the
> savings from the usual retail price.

Reading obviously isn't one of your forte's....

"Special Shipping Information: This item normally requires a
shipping charge, but is eligible for FREE Super Saver
Shipping today"

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote in message
> > No, not SPAM, just a hint for those that might be interested
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
> >
> > (cut it and paste it, I ain't doing no tinyURL)
> > or go to Amazon.com to the outdoor section...over on the right, in
> > a box Good Smoking on it!
> >
> > BOB
> >

> Plus shipping? That's going to wipe out most, if not all of the
> savings from the usual retail price.

No. FREE SHIPPING

Please, Kent, learn to read.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Kent wrote:
>> " BOB" > wrote in message
>>> No, not SPAM, just a hint for those that might be interested
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
>>>
>>> (cut it and paste it, I ain't doing no tinyURL)
>>> or go to Amazon.com to the outdoor section...over on the right, in a box
>>>
>>> Good Smoking on it!
>>>
>>> BOB
>>>

>> Plus shipping? That's going to wipe out most, if not all of the
>> savings from the usual retail price.

> Reading obviously isn't one of your forte's....
>
> "Special Shipping Information: This item normally requires a shipping
> charge, but is eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping today"
>
> --
> Steve
> http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

<
Free shipping wasn't offered on 4/28, two days following the original post.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote in message
> "Kent" > wrote in message
>
>> " BOB" > wrote in message
>> > No, not SPAM, just a hint for those that might be interested
>> >
>> > http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
>> >
>> > (cut it and paste it, I ain't doing no tinyURL)
>> > or go to Amazon.com to the outdoor section...over on the right, in
>> > a box Good Smoking on it!
>> >
>> > BOB
>> >

>> Plus shipping? That's going to wipe out most, if not all of the
>> savings from the usual retail price.

> No. FREE SHIPPING
>
> Please, Kent, learn to read.
>
> BOB

Today, 4/29 the price is still 199. There isn't any free shipping. There
wasn't free shipping yesterday.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168

Do your research before you respond, BOB.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote in message

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...004U9VA/ref=pd
_ts_c_th_1/002-0239670-1102422?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gp-right-4&pf_r
d_r=1YFQ05SQV0S7P1PAGKFE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=27498 7601&pf_rd_i=286168

> >> Plus shipping? That's going to wipe out most, if not all of the
> >> savings from the usual retail price.

> > No. FREE SHIPPING
> >
> > Please, Kent, learn to read.
> >
> > BOB
> >

> Today, 4/29 the price is still 199. There isn't any free shipping. There
> wasn't free shipping yesterday.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...004U9VA/ref=pd
_ts_c_th_1/002-0239670-1102422?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gp-right-4&pf_r
d_r=1YFQ05SQV0S7P1PAGKFE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=27498 7601&pf_rd_i=286168

> Do your research before you respond, BOB.
>
> Kent

Quote from the above link, Kent:

Special Shipping Information: This item normally requires a shipping charge,
but is eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping today.
Moron.
Graeme

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:

> Do your research before you respond, BOB.
>
> Kent

"Oh, the irony."
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:

> Today, 4/29 the price is still 199. There isn't any free shipping. There
> wasn't free shipping yesterday.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
>
> Do your research before you respond, BOB.
>
> Kent

I don't know where you're looking but it still says (and has
said every day):

"Special Shipping Information: This item normally requires a
shipping charge, but is eligible for FREE Super Saver
Shipping today."

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote in message

> > > Plus shipping? That's going to wipe out most, if not all of the
> > > savings from the usual retail price.

> > No. FREE SHIPPING
> >
> > Please, Kent, learn to read.
> >
> > BOB
> >

> Today, 4/29 the price is still 199. There isn't any free shipping.
> There wasn't free shipping yesterday.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
>
> Do your research before you respond, BOB.
>
> Kent

OK, kent. Thanks for admitting (again) that you can't read with
comprehension. I did my research. I ordered 1 for a gift and my next-door
neighbor ordered two. My account has already been charged for exactly
$199.99. My neighbor has been charged $399.98. Already. This includes
*NO* shipping charges.

BOB
PS...mine will be delivered by UPS on Thursday, my neighbor's on Friday

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Brian" > wrote in message
> Kent wrote:
>
> > Do your research before you respond, BOB.
> >
> > Kent
> >

> "Oh, the irony."

rotfl

Brian, thanks for the chuckle.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:

> BOB
> PS...mine will be delivered by UPS on Thursday, my neighbor's on Friday

Congrats. They're nice units and pretty easy to manage temp
control.

I got two thermometers (Webers from Home Depot) and mounted
one at each rack level and also put porcelain knobs on the
middle for disassembly. Easy mods and well worth it. About
$20 and 10 minutes work.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL413.../103771621.jpg

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

> BOB wrote:
>
> > BOB
> > PS...mine will be delivered by UPS on Thursday, my neighbor's on
> > Friday

> Congrats. They're nice units and pretty easy to manage temp
> control.
>
> I got two thermometers (Webers from Home Depot) and mounted
> one at each rack level and also put porcelain knobs on the
> middle for disassembly. Easy mods and well worth it. About
> $20 and 10 minutes work.
>
> http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL413.../103771621.jpg
>
> --
> Steve
> http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

LOL...it's a gift, not for me.
I don't have room on mypatio, with my Kamado #1, two Kamado #3s, a Kamado
#5, a Weber Smokey Joe and a Stump's Smoker "GF 222 CM" and a Dixie Boy
Smoker on the way.
But your advise is well taken.
;-)

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:

> I don't have room on mypatio, with my Kamado #1, two Kamado #3s, a Kamado
> #5, a Weber Smokey Joe and a Stump's Smoker "GF 222 CM" and a Dixie Boy
> Smoker on the way.
> But your advise is well taken.
> ;-)
>
> BOB

ROTF... I guess you don't need a WSM huh? ;-D

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote in message .. .
> "Kent" > wrote in message

>> > No. FREE SHIPPING
>> >
>> > Please, Kent, learn to read.
>> >
>> > BOB
>> >

>> Today, 4/29 the price is still 199. There isn't any free shipping.
>> There wasn't free shipping yesterday.
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
>>
>> Do your research before you respond, BOB.
>>
>> Kent

> OK, kent. Thanks for admitting (again) that you can't read with comprehension. I did my research. I ordered 1 for a gift and my
> next-door neighbor ordered two. My account has already been charged for exactly $199.99. My neighbor has been charged $399.98.
> Already. This includes *NO* shipping charges.
>
> BOB
> PS...mine will be delivered by UPS on Thursday, my neighbor's on Friday

Bought mine 3/21/07

Paid 203.99 w/free shipping.

What is everyone so excited about? Amazon will almost always ship for free if you don't mined waiting 7-14 days for it to ship.

B~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BradS wrote:
<snip>
> Bought mine 3/21/07
>
> Paid 203.99 w/free shipping.
>
> What is everyone so excited about? Amazon will almost always ship for
> free if you don't mined waiting 7-14 days for it to ship.
>
> B~

Congrats. Not really excited, it's just that some people
keep insisting that amazon's charging shipping. Which as
you've stated, usually isn't the case for things like this
if you're willing to wait a couple of weeks.

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

> BOB wrote:
>
> > I don't have room on my patio, with my Kamado #1, two Kamado #3s, a
> > Kamado #5, a Weber Smokey Joe and a Stump's Smoker "GF 222 CM" and
> > a Dixie Boy Smoker on the way.
> > But your advise is well taken.
> > ;-)
> >
> > BOB
> >

> ROTF... I guess you don't need a WSM huh? ;-D

I forgot...I also have a Mini-Big Green Egg.
;-)

BOB
It's an obsession. I can't help myself. It's not my fault.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Apr 30, 6:23 pm, "BradS" > wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote in h.net...
> > "Kent" > wrote in message
>
> >> " BOB" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >> om

> >> Today, 4/29 the price is still 199. There isn't any free shipping.
> >> There wasn't free shipping yesterday.

> >>http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo.../dp/B00004U9VA...

> >> Do your research before you respond, BOB.

> >> Kent

> > OK, kent. Thanks for admitting (again) that you can't read with comprehension. I did my research. I ordered 1 for a gift and my
> > next-door neighbor ordered two. My account has already been charged for exactly $199.99. My neighbor has been charged $399.98.
> > Already. This includes *NO* shipping charges.

> > BOB
> > PS...mine will be delivered by UPS on Thursday, my neighbor's on Friday

> Bought mine 3/21/07
>
> Paid 203.99 w/free shipping.
>
> What is everyone so excited about? Amazon will almost always ship for free if you don't mined waiting 7-14 days for it to ship.
>
> B~

Depends on where you live. I live in Sacramento. When I ordered my WSM
last November from Amazon, it shipped from Sparks, NV. I chose free
shipping. I had the WSM on my doorstep 36-hours after I ordered it.

Rusty

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Classic bottom-posting crap...

"Rusty" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 30, 6:23 pm, "BradS" > wrote:
>> " BOB" > wrote in
>> h.net...

>> . ..

>> > OK, kent. Thanks for admitting (again) that you can't read with
>> > comprehension. I did my research. I ordered 1 for a gift and my
>> > next-door neighbor ordered two. My account has already been charged
>> > for exactly $199.99. My neighbor has been charged $399.98.
>> > Already. This includes *NO* shipping charges.

>> > BOB
>> > PS...mine will be delivered by UPS on Thursday, my neighbor's on Friday

>> Bought mine 3/21/07
>>
>> Paid 203.99 w/free shipping.
>>
>> What is everyone so excited about? Amazon will almost always ship for
>> free if you don't mined waiting 7-14 days for it to ship.
>>
>> B~

> Depends on where you live. I live in Sacramento. When I ordered my WSM
> last November from Amazon, it shipped from Sparks, NV. I chose free
> shipping. I had the WSM on my doorstep 36-hours after I ordered it.
>
> Rusty

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Classic bottom-posting crap...

"Rusty" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 30, 6:23 pm, "BradS" > wrote:
>> " BOB" > wrote in
>> h.net...

>> . ..

>> > OK, kent. Thanks for admitting (again) that you can't read with
>> > comprehension. I did my research. I ordered 1 for a gift and my
>> > next-door neighbor ordered two. My account has already been charged
>> > for exactly $199.99. My neighbor has been charged $399.98.
>> > Already. This includes *NO* shipping charges.

>> > BOB
>> > PS...mine will be delivered by UPS on Thursday, my neighbor's on Friday

>> Bought mine 3/21/07
>>
>> Paid 203.99 w/free shipping.
>>
>> What is everyone so excited about? Amazon will almost always ship for
>> free if you don't mined waiting 7-14 days for it to ship.
>>
>> B~

> Depends on where you live. I live in Sacramento. When I ordered my WSM
> last November from Amazon, it shipped from Sparks, NV. I chose free
> shipping. I had the WSM on my doorstep 36-hours after I ordered it.
>
> Rusty

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

No Spam Please wrote:

> Classic bottom-posting crap...

Classic *plonk*

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:50:50 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>
> > No, not SPAM, just a hint for those that might be interested
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo...pf_rd_i=286168
> >
> > (cut it and paste it, I ain't doing no tinyURL)
> > or go to Amazon.com to the outdoor section...over on the right, in
> > a box
> >
> > Good Smoking on it!
> >
> > BOB
> >

> Good Price, Bob.
>
> Harry

Got it yesterday. Now the question is...should I assemble it before I
present it as a gift? Maybe I should gift-wrap it too?
;-)

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 1 May 2007 18:05:16 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

>> BOB wrote:
>>
>> > I don't have room on my patio, with my Kamado #1, two Kamado #3s, a
>> > Kamado #5, a Weber Smokey Joe and a Stump's Smoker "GF 222 CM" and
>> > a Dixie Boy Smoker on the way.
>> > But your advise is well taken.
>> > ;-)
>> >
>> > BOB
>> >

>> ROTF... I guess you don't need a WSM huh? ;-D

>I forgot...I also have a Mini-Big Green Egg.
>;-)
>
>BOB
>It's an obsession. I can't help myself. It's not my fault.

Bob;
I'm curious, do you use each one for a different kind of meat, or
a different kind of cooking? Which one is your favorite, if you have
one.

Ken
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Ken Slimmer wrote:

<snip>

> Bob;
> I'm curious, do you use each one for a different kind of meat, or
> a different kind of cooking? Which one is your favorite, if you have
> one.
>
> Ken

I'm not Bob, but like Bob, I'm addicted to bbq equipment, as you can see
from my sig line. I bought my Traeger just over a week ago and have been
cooking on it every night since. Did a brisket Friday night into Saturday,
and it turned out just a good as everything else did all last week.

Anyway, I'm partial to the Traeger now, since it cost more than the other 5
pieces put together. But, I'm sure I'll be firing up the other
grills/smokers sometime this summer!

--
EZ
Traeger BBQ075 "Texas"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 07 May 2007 11:51:43 -0500, EZ wrote:

> Anyway, I'm partial to the Traeger now, since it cost more than the other
> 5 pieces put together. But, I'm sure I'll be firing up the other
> grills/smokers sometime this summer!

I looked at Traeger's web site. Looks great. I just hate the thought of
buying wood pellets to cook, although I could use something idiot-proof. ;-)

Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

SteveSch wrote:
> On Mon, 07 May 2007 11:51:43 -0500, EZ wrote:
>

>> Anyway, I'm partial to the Traeger now, since it cost more than the other
>> 5 pieces put together. But, I'm sure I'll be firing up the other
>> grills/smokers sometime this summer!
>>

> I looked at Traeger's web site. Looks great. I just hate the thought of
> buying wood pellets to cook, although I could use something idiot-proof. ;-)

On the other hand, wood pellets are very, very cheap. I think I see
them around here for around 5 bucks for 100 pounds.

Mike

--
Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692

Once seen on road signs all over the United States:
Mirror on
The bathroom wall
What's the
Smoothest shave
Of all?
Burma-Shave
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Mike Avery wrote:
> SteveSch wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 May 2007 11:51:43 -0500, EZ wrote:
>>

>>> Anyway, I'm partial to the Traeger now, since it cost more than the
>>> other 5 pieces put together. But, I'm sure I'll be firing up the
>>> other grills/smokers sometime this summer!
>>>

>> I looked at Traeger's web site. Looks great. I just hate the thought
>> of buying wood pellets to cook, although I could use something
>> idiot-proof. ;-)

> On the other hand, wood pellets are very, very cheap. I think I see
> them around here for around 5 bucks for 100 pounds.
>
> Mike

You'll want to be careful what kind of wood pellets you buy. There are
"fuel" pellets, which are very cheap, and are used in wood stoves and
furnaces for heating. Then there are "bbq" pellets, which tend to cost
around a dollar a pound.

I found that the pellets cost a bit more to use than propane, a bit less to
use than good lump charcoal, and about the same as briquets.

--
EZ
Traeger BBQ075 "Texas"
CharGriller Smokin Pro
Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Wide Body
CharmGlow 3-burner All-Stainless Gas Grill
Weber Kettle One-Touch Silver 22-1/2"
Weber Kettle Smoky Joe Silver 14-1/2"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Ken Slimmer" > wrote in message
ews.com
> On Tue, 1 May 2007 18:05:16 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

> > > ROTF... I guess you don't need a WSM huh? ;-D

> > I forgot...I also have a Mini-Big Green Egg.
> > ;-)
> >
> > BOB
> > It's an obsession. I can't help myself. It's not my fault.
> >

> Bob;
> I'm curious, do you use each one for a different kind of meat, or
> a different kind of cooking? Which one is your favorite, if you have
> one.
>
> Ken

Mostly, it depends on how I feel at the moment. Of course, the smaller ones
(Kamado #1 and Mini BGE) aren't used by me for BBQ, but they sure are great
for charring a steak. My original intent (before I got carried away!) was so
that I could cook at different temperatures at the same time. I guess I
could cook @ about seven temperatures now. ;-)
The Stump's is for a larger volume (four 20" X 20" racks) and much easier
temperature control. That's about 16 butts or 12 or so racks of ribs.

BOB