FoodBanter.com

-   -   Brisket in SC (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/121824-brisket-sc.html)

Lew/+Silat 21-04-2007 08:35 PM

Brisket in SC

Hi :)

I want to send a couple packer cut briskets to a friend in SC. He lives Spartenburg and says he cant find a
full brisket. Im in the Pacific NW and it would cost $200 to ship from here. That $200 would buy alot of
moonshine so its not happening:)
Any suggestions on SC providers?

--
Lew/+Silat

Edwin Pawlowski 21-04-2007 08:39 PM

Brisket in SC

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
> Hi :)
>
> I want to send a couple packer cut briskets to a friend in SC. He lives
> Spartenburg and says he cant find a full brisket. Im in the Pacific NW and
> it would cost $200 to ship from here. That $200 would buy alot of
> moonshine so its not happening:)
> Any suggestions on SC providers?

Super Wal Mart

Lew/+Silat 22-04-2007 09:03 PM

Brisket in SC

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:35:23 -0700, Lew/+Silat wrote:
>
>> Hi :)
>>
>> I want to send a couple packer cut briskets to a friend in SC. He lives Spartenburg and says he cant find
>> full brisket. Im in the Pacific NW and it would cost $200 to ship from here. That $200 would buy alot of
>> moonshine so its not happening:)
>> Any suggestions on SC providers?

> If Walmart doesn't have them you could try asking them to order
> a few. I can't imagine who you'd ask though since they fired all
> their meat cutters and staff years ago.
>
> I've bought packer cut briskets at Fresh Market in Greenville, SC
> (20 miles from Spartanville). I had to ask a couple times, but
> they finally got some in for me, but not without an attitude and
> price tag of $3.00/lb.
>
> -sw

Ed & Steve,

Thanks for the leads. Ill tell my friend and see what happens.

--
Lew/+Silat

Survivalist 27-04-2007 03:53 AM

Brisket in SC

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
> Hi :)
>
> I want to send a couple packer cut briskets to a friend in SC. He lives
> Spartenburg and says he cant find a full brisket. Im in the Pacific NW and
> it would cost $200 to ship from here. That $200 would buy alot of
> moonshine so its not happening:)
> Any suggestions on SC providers?

There is a pretty good place in Greer, right outside of Spartanburg. I can't
remember the name right off but if you need it I can get it for you. It is
right off highway 14.

Lew/+Silat 27-04-2007 08:17 PM

Brisket in SC

"Survivalist" > wrote in message ...

> "Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
>> Hi :)
>>
>> I want to send a couple packer cut briskets to a friend in SC. He lives Spartenburg and says he cant find
>> a full brisket. Im in the Pacific NW and it would cost $200 to ship from here. That $200 would buy alot of
>> moonshine so its not happening:)
>> Any suggestions on SC providers?
>>

> There is a pretty good place in Greer, right outside of Spartanburg. I can't remember the name right off
> but if you need it I can get it for you. It is right off highway 14.

If its not to much trouble :)

--
Lew/+Silat

Survivalist 28-04-2007 11:21 PM

Brisket in SC

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Survivalist" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
>>> Hi :)
>>>
>>> I want to send a couple packer cut briskets to a friend in SC. He lives
>>> Spartenburg and says he cant find a full brisket. Im in the Pacific NW
>>> and it would cost $200 to ship from here. That $200 would buy alot of
>>> moonshine so its not happening:)
>>> Any suggestions on SC providers?
>>>

>> There is a pretty good place in Greer, right outside of Spartanburg. I
>> can't remember the name right off but if you need it I can get it for
>> you. It is right off highway 14.
>>

> If its not to much trouble :)

Vaughn Meat Packing Co.
2117 Country Club Rd.