Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default chicken livers

I bought a bunch of chicken livers on sale yesterday, and fried up about
299# tonight. I'm so full I can barely walk, and my arteries are
already cracking. After feeding the neighbors, also, I still have about
200# left. What can I do with them? I plan to freeze a lot for future
breakfasts, but that still leaves about 175# to worry about. <grin>
--
---Nonnymus---
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus > wrote in news:nQfVh.186887
:

> I bought a bunch of chicken livers on sale yesterday, and fried up about
> 299# tonight. I'm so full I can barely walk, and my arteries are
> already cracking. After feeding the neighbors, also, I still have about
> 200# left. What can I do with them? I plan to freeze a lot for future
> breakfasts, but that still leaves about 175# to worry about. <grin>

Go fisshing
great catfish bait

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dusty" > wrote in message
05.47...
| Nonnymus > wrote in news:nQfVh.186887
| :
|
| > I bought a bunch of chicken livers on sale yesterday, and fried up
about
| > 299# tonight. I'm so full I can barely walk, and my arteries are
| > already cracking. After feeding the neighbors, also, I still have
about
| > 200# left. What can I do with them? I plan to freeze a lot for
future
| > breakfasts, but that still leaves about 175# to worry about. <grin>
|
| Go fisshing
| great catfish bait
|
| --

Yep! Cut panty hose into 4 inch squares, put chicken liver inside a
folded square, tie it or stitch it shut and then put them in a gallon
jug that has small holes punctured in the lid. Set it out in the sun for
a few days before you go fishing so the livers will get good and ripe.
The panty hose pouch is needed so you can keep the liver on the hook.
Catfish just go crazy over it.

--
Jarhead

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thanks for the various advices. I obviously did exaggerate the
quantities, but was seriously wondering if there were some unique use
for excess chicken livers. I DID buy up a bunch.

A little something I made up for some neighbors was to boil up about 2#
of the livers until they were about done. I then mashed them with
mayonnaise, garlic, grated onion, salt and pepper, making a liver ball.
That was darned good. I also got some French bread- the kind about 2"
in diameter and sliced it into 1/4" thick slices, letting them dry. I
made up a butter wash with butter, paprika and garlic, brushing it
across each slice. I then grated some Parmesan cheese coarsly and put
just a tiny bit on each slice. That went under the broiler until the
cheese was toasted, so that they could eat the liver on the garlic chips.

Nonny- got 6 racks of ribs ready to put into the Bradley.

--
---Nonnymus---
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Question: Chicken Livers Tommy Joe General Cooking 38 12-05-2011 08:59 AM
Chicken Livers Daisy General Cooking 12 11-01-2005 05:25 PM
Speaking of Chicken Livers - Michael Horowitz General Cooking 0 10-01-2005 10:51 PM
Chicken Livers Daisy General Cooking 0 10-01-2005 07:48 AM