Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default soggy burger buns

Anyone know why burger buns get soggy when I throw them in the oven to
broil or in a barbecue with the lid down? I like to roast my burger
while I grill it (helps the giant chunk of cheese melt faster!) Anyone
know of a way to keep the buns from trapping moisture?

Cheers,

Chris

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Anyone know why burger buns get soggy when I throw them in the oven to
> broil or in a barbecue with the lid down? I like to roast my burger
> while I grill it (helps the giant chunk of cheese melt faster!) Anyone
> know of a way to keep the buns from trapping moisture?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Go to Walmart and buy the cheapest toaster oven they have.
Crisp both sides of the bun while the burger is on the grill.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Anyone know why burger buns get soggy when I throw them in the oven to
>> broil or in a barbecue with the lid down? I like to roast my burger
>> while I grill it (helps the giant chunk of cheese melt faster!) Anyone
>> know of a way to keep the buns from trapping moisture?

Open the lid or heat the oven a bit more. One of the byproducts of burning
gas is water. There may be a lot of condensation if the grill or oven
housing is cold.

Burger buns notbob General Cooking 38 28-04-2014 11:19 PM
Burger buns Serene Vannoy General Cooking 53 11-04-2010 03:16 AM
What to Do With Soggy Rice cybercat General Cooking 32 28-03-2008 02:49 PM