Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Ultimate Sizzler

In January 2005 I posted in this group looking for a table top grill.

That post read as follows:

" I am looking for a unique cooking "thing" that I saw at a party.

It is cast iron and is fueled by a bag of charcoal (you shove the
entire bag into the middle and light it - bag and all).

It comes in three pieces (I think) - there is a bottom that holds the
charcoal and acts as a stand. Over this fits the second piece - a dome
that becomes the cooking surface. Small pieces of meat are placed on
the cooking surface. Because of its domed shape, the excess fat that
cooked out of the meat rolled down the dome into a lip that completely
surrounded the bottom piece.

There were also four, evenly spaced, cup-like extensions of the lip
that surrounded the bottom piece. These cups had various dipping
sauces placed in them. The sauces were warmed only because the cups
were part of the cast iron bottom piece yet fartherest from direct
heat. The third piece was simply a cap for the top of the domed piece.
Through this cap went the bag of charcoal.

When fully assembled, this grilling / searing "thing" looks like an
egg
on legs."

Someone correctly identified this "thing" as the Ultimate Sizzler.

I purchased two of them.

However, both were lost in Hurricane Katrina. In my efforts to
replace them, I have discovered that they are no longer available from
the manufacturer.

The purpose of this post is to get some help in locating used or
liquidated stock in the item.

FYI - you can view the item at the following link:

http://www.grilllovers.com/shopItemD...ItemID=7790965

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

papercut451

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2007-04-10, > wrote:
> In January 2005 I posted in this group looking for a table top grill.
>
> FYI - you can view the item at the following link:

http://www.grilllovers.com/shopItemD...ItemID=7790965

Have you tried calling them up at the site above to see what
they can tell you? That's probably faster..

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ta - Dah!

Could this be it?

http://tinyurl.com/2yk5vp

Sure looked like it. Pretty clever, really.

Robert

Ultimate Hot Dog Sqwertz General Cooking 0 31-03-2016 04:50 AM
Ultimate Hot Dog gtr General Cooking 0 29-03-2016 10:55 PM
pissed at sizzler Peter Lucas General Cooking 1 11-10-2010 02:29 PM
Ultimate Sizzler [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 10-04-2007 02:10 AM
Sizzler Cheese Toast Mom2SamTiny Recipes (moderated) 0 18-01-2007 02:07 AM