Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default dry spare ribs problem (continued)

thanks for all the help. Reading your messages, I think my ribs are baby
back ribs. (min 1 pound, max 2 pound). The question remains. How to bbq baby
back ribs. I just gave them a marinade (dry rub with lots of pepper and
olive oil). Bbq tomorrow. I'll take some pictures.

Adriaan

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"A. Kesteloo" > wrote:

> thanks for all the help. Reading your messages, I think my ribs are baby
> back ribs. (min 1 pound, max 2 pound). The question remains. How to bbq baby
> back ribs. I just gave them a marinade (dry rub with lots of pepper and
> olive oil). Bbq tomorrow. I'll take some pictures.
>

> Adriaan

Why the oil? Put the rub on 12 hours prior and do the ribs for four-ish
hours at 225 - 250.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Allen" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "A. Kesteloo" > wrote:
>
>> thanks for all the help. Reading your messages, I think my ribs are baby
>> back ribs. (min 1 pound, max 2 pound). The question remains. How to bbq
>> baby
>> back ribs. I just gave them a marinade (dry rub with lots of pepper and
>> olive oil). Bbq tomorrow. I'll take some pictures.
>>

>> Adriaan

> Why the oil? Put the rub on 12 hours prior and do the ribs for four-ish
> hours at 225 - 250.

Not sure about how everyone else does this, but .........

I used to have my ribs come out dry every time no matter what I did. Now, I
boil them first for about twenty minutes in a concoction of garlic, onion,
beau monde, salt, and pepper.

Then I cook them on the top bread rack in my bbq at low heat by putting on
the heat on low, then putting them on the side that doesn't have any heat.
Baste a lot. Basically, baking them.

I know it probably ain't the purist's way of doing it, and maybe not the
best way, but it sure is a whole lot better than the way they used to come
out. At least now you can tell what they are.

Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve B" > wrote in message

> Not sure about how everyone else does this, but .........
>
> I used to have my ribs come out dry every time no matter what I did. Now,
> I boil them Steve

Anybody got a rope?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

That's how TGIFridays does theirs. Cook them in a pressure cooker then
dip them in a pot of BBQ sauce.