Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Next: a bbq tax

Is Phillipe still hanging out on ABF?

http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default a bbq tax

JohnO wrote:
> Is Phillipe still hanging out on ABF?
>
> http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html
>

> -John O

Oh, come on. That's ridiculous! Like BBQ is worse for "global warming"
than.......let's say a factory? This is insane.

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> JohnO wrote:
>> Is Phillipe still hanging out on ABF?
>>
>> http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html
>>

>> -John O

> Oh, come on. That's ridiculous! Like BBQ is worse for "global warming"
> than.......let's say a factory? This is insane.
>
> kili

Dumbass French.... what else can ya say

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 06:12:46 -0500, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>JohnO wrote:
>> Is Phillipe still hanging out on ABF?
>>
>> http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html
>>

>> -John O

>Oh, come on. That's ridiculous! Like BBQ is worse for "global warming"
>than.......let's say a factory? This is insane.

There's a shiny hook in your lip.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20070404/63077075.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Apr 4, 12:05 pm, "kilikini" > wrote:
> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 06:12:46 -0500, "kilikini"
> > > wrote:

> >> Oh, come on. That's ridiculous! Like BBQ is worse for "global
> >> warming" than.......let's say a factory? This is insane.

> > There's a shiny hook in your lip.

> >http://en.rian.ru/world/20070404/63077075.html

> Thanks for that link, Kevin.
>
> kili

I'll admit it...I posted that not knowing it was a 4/1 joke.

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 06:12:46 -0500, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> JohnO wrote:
>>> Is Phillipe still hanging out on ABF?
>>>
>>> http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html
>>>

>>> -John O

>> Oh, come on. That's ridiculous! Like BBQ is worse for "global
>> warming" than.......let's say a factory? This is insane.
>>

> There's a shiny hook in your lip.
>
> http://en.rian.ru/world/20070404/63077075.html

Thanks for that link, Kevin.

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 4-Apr-2007, "kilikini" >
wrote:

> JohnO wrote:
> > Is Phillipe still hanging out on ABF?
> >
> > http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html
> >

> > -John O

> Oh, come on. That's ridiculous! Like BBQ is worse for
> "global warming"
> than.......let's say a factory? This is insane.
>
> kili

It's not insane to a politician. The power to tax is real
power. The more things the politicians can tax, the
more power they have. The strongest single argument
agains a flat tax is that it removes power from the
politicians and they will avoid that at all costs.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 01:51:23 GMT, wrote:

>On 4-Apr-2007, "kilikini" >
>wrote:
>
>> JohnO wrote:
>> > Is Phillipe still hanging out on ABF?

http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html

>> > -John O

>> Oh, come on. That's ridiculous! Like BBQ is worse for
>> "global warming"
>> than.......let's say a factory? This is insane.
>>
>> kili

>It's not insane to a politician. The power to tax is real
>power. The more things the politicians can tax, the
>more power they have. The strongest single argument
>agains a flat tax is that it removes power from the
>politicians and they will avoid that at all costs.

I don't agree on that...
The real power is spending the money that taxation provides.
What or who is taxed only matters when the pol is on the campaign
trail; then, taxing the rich to spare the poor is "good".
But spending: Ah, there's the real power. Promising largesse is one of
the pol's greatest tools! And witholding that spending is even more
power! (Witness Congress' duels with the White House over Iraq War
funding)

I picked up a whole frozen duck at the Chines Cultural Center; it's
the next BBQ project. I wonder, when I defrost it, will it be whole
(as in undressed) or not. It's been plucked, but it looks otherwise
intact; head, feet, and all. Should be interesting.
BBQs Galore finally got their lump shipment in. Does anyone in the
Phoenix area (preferably Westside) know of another source for lump?
I discovered the Asiana store at 43rd Ave and Union hills; better than
the CCC, IMO.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited
a mosque in Syria Tuesday and wore
a headscarf to show her respect.
She was shown a lot of respect herself.
In the Arab world, whoever is third in
line to the throne is usually the chief
suspect in the assassination.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bob Bob is offline

Come On you guys, this was an April Fools joke.
How about dropping it?

"Bill Funk" > wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 01:51:23 GMT, wrote:

>On 4-Apr-2007, "kilikini" >
>wrote:
>
>> JohnO wrote:
>> > Is Phillipe still hanging out on ABF?

http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html

>> > -John O

>> Oh, come on. That's ridiculous! Like BBQ is worse for
>> "global warming"
>> than.......let's say a factory? This is insane.
>>
>> kili

>It's not insane to a politician. The power to tax is real
>power. The more things the politicians can tax, the
>more power they have. The strongest single argument
>agains a flat tax is that it removes power from the
>politicians and they will avoid that at all costs.

I don't agree on that...
The real power is spending the money that taxation provides.
What or who is taxed only matters when the pol is on the campaign
trail; then, taxing the rich to spare the poor is "good".
But spending: Ah, there's the real power. Promising largesse is one of
the pol's greatest tools! And witholding that spending is even more
power! (Witness Congress' duels with the White House over Iraq War
funding)

I picked up a whole frozen duck at the Chines Cultural Center; it's
the next BBQ project. I wonder, when I defrost it, will it be whole
(as in undressed) or not. It's been plucked, but it looks otherwise
intact; head, feet, and all. Should be interesting.
BBQs Galore finally got their lump shipment in. Does anyone in the
Phoenix area (preferably Westside) know of another source for lump?
I discovered the Asiana store at 43rd Ave and Union hills; better than
the CCC, IMO.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited
a mosque in Syria Tuesday and wore
a headscarf to show her respect.
She was shown a lot of respect herself.
In the Arab world, whoever is third in
line to the throne is usually the chief
suspect in the assassination.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:48:54 -0600, Bob wrote:
>
> > Come On you guys, this was an April Fools joke.
> > How about dropping it?

> You have to mention Hitler if you expect that to work.
>
> -sw

You just did.
;-)

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:20:50 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

>> On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:48:54 -0600, Bob wrote:
>>
>> > Come On you guys, this was an April Fools joke.
>> > How about dropping it?

>> You have to mention Hitler if you expect that to work.
>>
>> -sw

>You just did.
>;-)
>
>BOB

Actually the proper trigger word is Nazi.

Harry