Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default brined and smoked a whole chicken, spatchcock style

3 images of the chicken:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Woogeroo/Vittles03182007

1 gallon of warm/hot water

1 cup kosher/gourmet salt

1 tablespoon each:

chilli powder

lemon peel

garlic powder

onion powder

4.60 lb whole chicken before the backbone was cut out, I didn't weigh
it after taking out the backbone.

The longer the chicken sits in the brine, the saltier or more
seasoning seeps into the chicken. How long a chicken sits in a brine
is a matter of personal taste. Some folks only brine a few hours
before cooking, some people just let it sit overnight. It is all a
matter of preference.

After I took the chicken out of the brine, I patted it dry using paper
towels.

I them rubbed it down with olive oil.

I then rubbed oregano, black pepper and italian seasoning all over the
bird.

I cooked it at 225 F dome temperature on an old clay style BGE until
done.

I think it turned out really well.

-W

other stuff I've cooked:

http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/wsp/index.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Woogeroo" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> 3 images of the chicken:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/Woogeroo/Vittles03182007

Looks good enough to eat! Once you try spatchcock, it is the only way to
grill the birds.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 18, 8:23 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Woogeroo" > wrote in message

> Looks good enough to eat! Once you try spatchcock, it is the only way to
> grill the birds.

Yep, that is the truth.

I used to do the whole birds and they were great, but the spatchcock
method just takes less time and is very tender.

The only reason I brined it was for flavor... playing around with the
spices.

I was very happy with the results.

The bird was picked clean to the bones, so it must have been good.

'smile'

-W

Brined & smoked turkey resultss [email protected] Barbecue 0 26-11-2010 06:27 PM
Brined & smoked turkey resultss Bob-tx[_2_] Barbecue 1 26-11-2010 06:06 PM
Spatchcock and grill chicken? 43fan Barbecue 13 04-08-2006 04:52 AM
Brined Chicken Andy General Cooking 8 16-05-2006 07:03 PM
Brined Chicken Gregory Morrow General Cooking 1 16-05-2006 06:07 PM