Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Atlanta

So, I'm stuck in Atlanta (NE side, basically Duluth) for a month
or so.

Any good 'Q here?

--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 03:48:58 +0000 (UTC), Mark Shaw > wrote:

>So, I'm stuck in Atlanta (NE side, basically Duluth) for a month
>or so.
>
>Any good 'Q here?

chef pete's, its in the bowling ally parking lot on the corner
of holcomb bridge and spalding drive, cajun and good stuff.
there's a huge trailer smoker sitting out front in the parking lot,
you cant miss it. kinda on the edge of norcross and dunwoody.

Scootz

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
KW KW is offline

"Mark Shaw" > wrote in message
> So, I'm stuck in Atlanta (NE side, basically Duluth) for a month
> or so.
>
> Any good 'Q here?
>
> --
> Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
> "All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks

Spiced Right in Lilburn is pretty tasty. (Gotta ask for the XXX Hot Sauce if
you like the heat) Directions from the Duluth area. Go east on Pleasant Hill
road to Hwy 29. Take Hwy 29 S (right) through Lilburn and SR will be on your
left about 3/4 mile past Beaver Ruin Rd.

KW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 03:48:58 +0000 (UTC), Mark Shaw
> wrote:

>So, I'm stuck in Atlanta (NE side, basically Duluth) for a month
>or so.

We have to to to Duluth several times a year (from north Florida) and
depending on how early we can get off of work we try to make it to the
Swallow In the Hollow once in a while. It's in Roswell. Their website
is here

http://www.theswallowatthehollow.com/

It's a good drive from Duluth but we cut north on 140 which is a good
road and bypasses the freeway mess (You can spend hours on 285). After
you get to Roswell it's easy to miss the place because it's tucked
back on a side street, not on a main drag.

Ask some locals for opinions.

Raymond

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 13, 10:48 pm, Mark Shaw > wrote:
> So, I'm stuck in Atlanta (NE side, basically Duluth) for a month
> or so.
>
> Any good 'Q here?
>
> --
> Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
> "All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks

Pappy Red's in Roswell.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

There is some place in Suwanee... I've been by it, never been in it.

But any place that has hardwoods stacked on the back of log trailers
out back must be pretty serious.

Last time I was at Spiced Right it was pretty good... it is called
Spiced Right because they give you different types of sauces and you
put what you want on it.

There is a Dreamland BBQ chain out in Alpharretta which I've been to
once. It was pretty good for a restaurant... but I've been told the
original one in Tuscaloosa is still the best.

-W

-Woogeroo®

<- remove NOBS to send email.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Van Van is offline

"Woogeroo®" > wrote in message

> There is a Dreamland BBQ chain out in Alpharretta which I've been to
> once. It was pretty good for a restaurant... but I've been told the
> original one in Tuscaloosa is still the best.

Last time I was there the help wore T-shirts that said: "No Beans, No Slaw,
Don't Ask!"

They served BBQ with a loaf of plain white bread. And beer. And Beer.

Dynamite ribs, by the way.

I hear they've added sides since then, though. (A good thing!)

Van (in upstate ny)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Van" > wrote

> They served BBQ with a loaf of plain white bread. And beer. And Beer.

Damn right. If you go to the website you can order some ribs and they'll
toss in the loaf of Sunbeam White Bread for free. Of course mail order ribs
ain't cheap so I figger they're gettin' they're money for the bread.;-)

--
It's Fosco, Dammit!

http://fosco-eats.blogspot.com/
To be updated soon.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 20, 5:36 pm, "Van" > wrote:
> "Woogeroo®" > wrote in message

> > There is a Dreamland BBQ chain out in Alpharretta which I've been to
> > once. It was pretty good for a restaurant... but I've been told the
> > original one in Tuscaloosa is still the best.

> Last time I was there the help wore T-shirts that said: "No Beans, No Slaw,
> Don't Ask!"
>
> They served BBQ with a loaf of plain white bread. And beer. And Beer.
>
> Dynamite ribs, by the way.

Yes, they are!

> I hear they've added sides since then, though. (A good thing!)

Yeah, they have some sides now, don't want to kill you with
cholesterol on your first trip!

> Van (in upstate ny)

I grew up in western NY, south of Rochester!

Best Sushi in Atlanta Deuteros Sushi 2 14-08-2005 10:06 PM
Atlanta Q Bob Schmidt Barbecue 7 09-12-2004 03:10 PM
cooking in atlanta Courtney General Cooking 23 25-11-2004 02:02 PM
In Atlanta.. in America.. outrider General Cooking 0 14-11-2004 04:59 AM
TFM on Atlanta Radio? Barry Barbecue 10 24-12-2003 05:41 PM