Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default New Grill Purchase

Need help in choosing a grill. I'm building a new backyard grill area
and I want a large 40+ inch built in stainless grill. I'm looking at
the Hasty-Bake Hastings model 290. It's big and expensive. There are
no dealers on the West Coast, so I cannot see one before an online
purchase. I'm concerned on build quality, the gauge and sturdiness of
the stainless parts, and overall cooking quality. Any advice? Any
other grill suggestions?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Frat wrote:
> Need help in choosing a grill. I'm building a new backyard grill area
> and I want a large 40+ inch built in stainless grill. I'm looking at
> the Hasty-Bake Hastings model 290. It's big and expensive. There are
> no dealers on the West Coast, so I cannot see one before an online
> purchase. I'm concerned on build quality, the gauge and sturdiness of
> the stainless parts, and overall cooking quality. Any advice? Any
> other grill suggestions?

Regardless of what it appears to be , ask up front about the warranty.
What does the warranty state? Also, for what its worth, not all
stainless is the same. Ask what is the SS number, then go on line for a
google search to see what its good for. Is there anything you must or
not do to maintain the warranty?

For starters, here is a Wikipedia article link all about SS,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel

Good Luck and Have Fun!
Piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 5, 11:56 am, "Frat" > wrote:
> Need help in choosing a grill. I'm building a new backyard grill area
> and I want a large 40+ inch built in stainless grill. I'm looking at
> the Hasty-Bake Hastings model 290. It's big and expensive. There are
> no dealers on the West Coast, so I cannot see one before an online
> purchase. I'm concerned on build quality, the gauge and sturdiness of
> the stainless parts, and overall cooking quality. Any advice? Any
> other grill suggestions?

What's the total overall electron flow at rest? I'd like nothing
better than to purchase a stainless grill, but the concern is the
nickle in the stainless. I think that once nickle reaches critical
mass you could have an electron meltdown resulting in untold
destruction. This has happened before and the authorities blamed it
on a tornado(which no one ever sawr). The nickle industry would be in
severe jepordy if ever it was found out that their products were
responsible for this strange strange phenomena.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Hovdv" > wrote in message

> I think that once nickle reaches critical
> mass you could have an electron meltdown resulting in untold
> destruction. This has happened before and the authorities blamed it
> on a tornado(which no one ever sawr). The nickle industry would be in
> severe jepordy if ever it was found out that their products were
> responsible for this strange strange phenomena.

Bull shit. It was no tornado, it was aliens that use nickel for fuel in
their space suits