Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Can smelling a cheeseburger shorten your life?

According to this article in today's paper:
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/702030358

"The smell of beef brisket ....could be shortening your life span."
(Ellipses added for affect).

Bad news for us smokers? Heck no! That just tells me if I can suffer as
much by smelling a food as I do by eating it, then by gosh I am just going
to eat as much as I want anyway and not try to control myself

FWIW, this article is a real stretch and you shouldn't panic unless you
happen to be a fruit fly on a restricted diet. Which is a good point.....if
fruit is so good for you, how come fruit flys only have a 60-80 day
lifespan????

Chris

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"swibirun" > wrote in message

> According to this article in today's paper:
> http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/702030358
>
> "The smell of beef brisket ....could be shortening your life span."
> Chris

That's only true in areas where it snows at least 3 out of 5 years. ;-)

Besides, when was the last time your brisket was "simmering in green chile
sauce"?

BOB
would rather fight hurrycanes and toronados than snow

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:26:40 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>"swibirun" > wrote in message

>> According to this article in today's paper:
>> http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/702030358
>>
>> "The smell of beef brisket ....could be shortening your life span."
>> Chris

>That's only true in areas where it snows at least 3 out of 5 years. ;-)
>
>Besides, when was the last time your brisket was "simmering in green chile
>sauce"?
>
>BOB
>would rather fight hurrycanes and toronados than snow

Geez, I dunno , Bob - I've never had to rebuild my house after a
snowstorm . . . or been out of Power for days on end.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"TFM®" > wrote in message

> I'd rather fight *anything* rather than confront the Goddamn mother
> ****in'
> yankees.

<snippage>
> --
> TFM®
> Zephyrhills (Please don't come) Florida

C'mon TFM, tell us how you *REALLY* feel... <insert smiley thingy here>

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

A quote taken from the article,
"Granted, it's a long way from fruit flies to human biology, but a study
published Friday in the journal Science Express indicates that even the
smell of food can reduce the life span of creatures on reduced calorie
diets."

Thank Goodness I'm not on a "reduced calorie diet"! : )

Piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"swibirun" > wrote in message
> According to this article in today's paper:
> http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/702030358
>
> "The smell of beef brisket ....could be shortening your life span."

Sounds like it could be a wonderful ad for Crisco.

> you shouldn't panic unless you happen to be a fruit fly on a restricted
> diet. Which is a good point.....if fruit is so good for you, how come
> fruit flys only have a 60-80 day lifespan????

I always thought they should eat more vegetables; it gives them a more
balanced
diet, adding perhaps another 48 hours to their life span. I saw some at a
7/11
today sipping from a pool of spilled beer from a broken bottle. I'll bet
those
same flies will be back tomorrow bumming for a drink. If the choice
is fruit or beer, these flies were acting more like humans. Their life span?
Probably longer than the those bums hanging around the store. My
six-pack was firmly clutched in my hands :>) Cheers!

Fish: How to keep it from smelling Lenona General Cooking 28 30-03-2012 07:12 AM
Plea To Shorten Lengthy Posts...... Bigbazza[_14_] General Cooking 34 26-10-2008 05:39 PM
Kitchen is smelling good! kilikini General Cooking 12 18-07-2008 11:47 PM
foul-smelling Taiwan oolongs Alex Tea 14 09-11-2006 03:05 PM
bad smelling pork...what's up? Nexis General Cooking 15 17-11-2005 09:44 PM