Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default special seasoning

On 2007-01-20, Ljutefisk Geist wrote:

> Now we know one of the eleven herbs and spices that go into Col.
> Sanders' secret recipe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...399867,00.html

A Chinese acquaintance ... also related a curious story about his
days as a public health official in Hong Kong, and about an
inexplicably popular restaurant called The Singing Sun.

"The food there tasted like dog dirt," he said, "yet there was
always a long queue outside, and even though their squid with
oyster sauce was the worst I'd ever eaten, I kept going back for
more, day after day. I was drawn there irresistibly, just like the
other customers, and I always left feeling elated." Eventually, he
became so suspicious about the addictive quality of the food that
he searched the kitchen, and all was revealed. The owner had
decided to boost trade by adding a "special seasoning" to each dish
- a seasoning which, under analysis, proved to be pure opium paste.

Seasoning Mix sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 30-05-2015 05:20 AM
What is Old Bay Seasoning Hench General Cooking 36 28-03-2013 06:15 PM
Seasoning Dick Adams[_2_] General Cooking 55 08-03-2007 04:59 PM
special seasoning Adam Funk General Cooking 0 23-01-2007 05:39 PM
seasoning a wok Jen General Cooking 5 06-10-2005 10:44 PM