Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Lamb fans

From: "KW" <keith_warrennospamatallteldotnet>
Subject: Lamb Fans
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:50 PM

> wrote in message
. ..

> On 15-Jan-2007, wrote:
>
> > I've been around for a while but never posted much. Just
> > moved to
> > Clearwater & just started cooking at Derby Lane.
> >
> > Anyway, last night I did baby lamb chops (Costco) that
> > brought tears to
> > my eyes. I planted Basil back in September and this is the
> > first time
> > I've had to really cook. My standard marinade was/is
> > Balsamic, garlic,
> > S&P. Made fresh pesto; 1 heaping packed cup basil, 2/3 cup
> > toasted pine
> > nuts, heaping ts. garlic, S&P - processed in the
> > Cuisinart, then added
> > 2/3 cup reggiano - processing again while adding 2/3 cup
> > EVOO.
> >
> > I used mesquite Kingsford in the grill (Santa Fe). Took
> > the little
> > racks out of the marinade (about 4 hours) wiped off the
> > excess garlic
> > and threw on grill meat side down. Got a nice char then
> > flipped 'em
> > over and applied the pesto. Gave 'em another few minutes
> > then moved 'em
> > to the other side of the grill, threw on some hickory
> > chips and closed
> > the lid. Went inside and made rotini (8 min.) flipped the
> > racks back
> > over the fire to carmelize the pesto, then flipped back
> > and added
> > another coat of pesto, closed lid again. Danced to
> > Shakira's "Whatever,
> > Whenever", then pulled the racks.
> >
> > While letting them rest, mixed the remaining pesto with
> > the rotini.
> > Then I carved the racks, wish my camera had had batteries.
> > Opened a
> > beer and turned on "24".
> >
> > Question: is there anyplace local I can get apple wood?
> >
> > Steve

> I don't know about apple, but there's tons of orange around
> and
> it's quite goodl for ''Q'. Been seeing some rediculous sales
> on
> butts, picnics and even ribs. Right now Winn Dixie has a
> mega
> sale on chicken. I just paid $1.07/lb for wings and $0.78/lb
>
> for thighs. I need a shoehorn to get anything more into my
> freezer.
>
> --
> Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

Steve,

I'm getting ready to do some major pruning on the big ol Stayman Winesap
tree out back, drop me a line (get rid o the nospam and decode the rest)
maybe we can work something out.

Hey Brick,

I'll trade ya some apple for orange :-) I like apple fine for fish &
chicken...but I haven't had a steak char-grilled over orange wood since I
lived in central FL back in the 80's (Frontier Cattleman's IIRC)

KW

rec: Lamb Slices in Madeira (leftover lamb) Jean B.[_1_] General Cooking 0 14-04-2009 12:43 PM
For those fans of big box restaurants George[_1_] General Cooking 2 17-07-2008 05:17 PM
Lamb Fans [email protected] Barbecue 5 19-01-2007 04:05 AM
To my fans Redhart Wine 1 02-03-2005 01:06 AM