Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Pork Flavored Postage...

Okay, It ain't smoked, but DANG....

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/11...d_postage.html

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chef Juke > wrote:
> Okay, It ain't smoked, but DANG....
>
> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/11...d_postage.html

Can these stamps be used on mail to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, etc?

~Semper Fi~ www.delphiayachtsusa.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

!
> ~Semper Fi~ www.delphiayachtsusa.com

Reminds me of a story I heard about some Muslim based terrorism going on in
the Philippines During WWII.

Capture 10 terrorists and tie to posts
Kill 1 pig and dip bullets in blood, letting prisoners observe.
Shoot 8 terrorists.
Let 2 go to spread the word.
Problem solved.
(probably an urban myth. I'd try it, though.)..................

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Shawn Martin wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > Chef Juke > wrote:
> > > Okay, It ain't smoked, but DANG....
> > >
> > > http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/11...d_postage.html

> > Can these stamps be used on mail to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, etc?
> >
> > --
> > Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> >
> > Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks ! !

> !
> > ~Semper Fi~ www.delphiayachtsusa.com

> Reminds me of a story I heard about some Muslim based terrorism going on in
> the Philippines During WWII.
>
> Capture 10 terrorists and tie to posts
> Kill 1 pig and dip bullets in blood, letting prisoners observe.
> Shoot 8 terrorists.
> Let 2 go to spread the word.
> Problem solved.
> (probably an urban myth. I'd try it, though.)..................

I dunno about the myth part. If you have not read Flyboys, the
follow-up to Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley, you have no idea
the miserable stuff that went on in the Pacific war. Both sides were
brutal, and bullets dipped in pig blood doesn't even register on the
'nasty' list.

BTW, Flags is one of the best WW2 books I've ever read.

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"JohnO" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Shawn Martin wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> > > Can these stamps be used on mail to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, etc?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their

families!

> > > Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks

! !
> > !
> > > ~Semper Fi~ www.delphiayachtsusa.com

> > Reminds me of a story I heard about some Muslim based terrorism going on

in
> > the Philippines During WWII.
> >
> > Capture 10 terrorists and tie to posts
> > Kill 1 pig and dip bullets in blood, letting prisoners observe.
> > Shoot 8 terrorists.
> > Let 2 go to spread the word.
> > Problem solved.
> > (probably an urban myth. I'd try it, though.)..................

> I dunno about the myth part. If you have not read Flyboys, the
> follow-up to Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley, you have no idea
> the miserable stuff that went on in the Pacific war. Both sides were
> brutal, and bullets dipped in pig blood doesn't even register on the
> 'nasty' list.
>
> BTW, Flags is one of the best WW2 books I've ever read.
>
> -John O

It does if you're a Muslim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:14:01 -0600, Steve Wertz wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:39:22 -0800, Chef Juke wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, It ain't smoked, but DANG....
>>>
>>> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/11...d_postage.html

>> I'll be waiting for the Year of the Cat.

> Maybe I was being too cryptic. Cat - AKA Pussy.
>
> ta-TA-tump.
>
> ObFood: Marinated mushrooms, sliced ugly ripe tomatoes with fresh
> mozzarella, and *horizontally-split* chicken leg quarters (I kid
> you not - picture on ABF).
>
> -sw

Ya know....I was wondering and thought about making a comment about dreading
the Year of the Rooster....but wanted to be polite since I haven't been
around here in a few years until this week

Speaking of chickens.....those chicken legs look "half" baked..........oh
boooo all you guys want

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"JohnO" > wrote:
> Shawn Martin wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> > > Can these stamps be used on mail to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, etc?
> > >

> > Reminds me of a story I heard about some Muslim based terrorism going
> > on in the Philippines During WWII.
> >
> > Capture 10 terrorists and tie to posts
> > Kill 1 pig and dip bullets in blood, letting prisoners observe.
> > Shoot 8 terrorists.
> > Let 2 go to spread the word.
> > Problem solved.
> > (probably an urban myth. I'd try it, though.)..................

> I dunno about the myth part. If you have not read Flyboys, the
> follow-up to Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley, you have no idea
> the miserable stuff that went on in the Pacific war. Both sides were
> brutal, and bullets dipped in pig blood doesn't even register on the
> 'nasty' list.
>
> BTW, Flags is one of the best WW2 books I've ever read.

Why thanks, JohnO. Pathe Movietone News during WW II was more immediate for
me.

~Semper Fi~ www.delphiayachtsusa.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> > I dunno about the myth part. If you have not read Flyboys, the
> > follow-up to Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley, you have no idea
> > the miserable stuff that went on in the Pacific war. Both sides were
> > brutal, and bullets dipped in pig blood doesn't even register on the
> > 'nasty' list.
> >

> It does if you're a Muslim

I assume you haven't read much about the atrocities committed in that
war. If you get a chance to read Flyboys, go fir it. Or any book about
Bataan or the Japanese in Mongolia and China. Getting shot was
definitely a preferred way to go.

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> > I dunno about the myth part. If you have not read Flyboys, the
> > follow-up to Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley, you have no idea
> > the miserable stuff that went on in the Pacific war. Both sides were
> > brutal, and bullets dipped in pig blood doesn't even register on the
> > 'nasty' list.
> >
> > BTW, Flags is one of the best WW2 books I've ever read.

> Why thanks, JohnO. Pathe Movietone News during WW II was more immediate for
> me.

I've seen a few of those on DVD, and they're (roughly) the 40's version
of CNN. And people complain about news bias today. :-)

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"JohnO" > wrote:

> > > I dunno about the myth part. If you have not read Flyboys, the
> > > follow-up to Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley, you have no idea
> > > the miserable stuff that went on in the Pacific war. Both sides were
> > > brutal, and bullets dipped in pig blood doesn't even register on the
> > > 'nasty' list.
> > >
> > > BTW, Flags is one of the best WW2 books I've ever read.

> > Why thanks, JohnO. Pathe Movietone News during WW II was more immediate
> > for me.

> I've seen a few of those on DVD, and they're (roughly) the 40's version
> of CNN. And people complain about news bias today. :-)

I dunno about the DVD's. I watched them at the Kent Theater on McKlean Ave.
in Yonkers, every Wednesday night during the war. We were fighting a war on
two fronts. Those reports maintained public support and enlistments. I'm
glad they did, otherwise we'd be speaking German or Japanese today, instead
of English. I haven't read Flyboys or Flags of Our Fathers. My memories are
vivid enough!

~Semper Fi~ www.delphiayachtsusa.com