Posted to alt.food.barbecue
wj wj is offline

Default BBQ excursion advice?

Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month sampling
BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas / Ft. worth area.
I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any others that are
great.

1. Harvey's - Irving
2. Angelo's - Ft. Worth
3. The Pit - Duncanville
4. Baker's Ribs - Dallas
5. Jerry's - Aledo
6. Posey's - Little Elm
7. Railhead BBQ - Ft. Worth
8. Cousin's - Ft. Worth
9. Ricky's - Ft. Worth
10. Anthony's Famous - Tyler

In the Austin Area we are considering these places.

1. Dusty's - Manor
2. Southside Market
3. Louie Mueller's
4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
5. The Salt Lick
6. Ben's Longbranch
7. BBQ World Headquarters
8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood
9. Pit BBQ
10. Luling City Market - Luling
11. Smitty's - Lockhart
12. Black's - Lockhart
13. Kreuz Market - Lockhart
14. Cooper's Old Time BBQ

These are the ones we've heard about in Houston.

1. Williams Smokehouse
2. Central Texas BBQ - Pearland
3. Black's BBQ - Friendswood
4. Country Time BBQ - Spring
5. New Zion Baptist Church BBQ - Huntsville
6. Joe's - Alvin
7. Rib Tickler's - Tomball

Obviously we can't try them all so we're hoping to sample only the best.
Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Jones

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bob Bob is offline

"wj" > wrote in message
Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month sampling
BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas / Ft. worth area.
I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any others that are
great.

1. Harvey's - Irving
2. Angelo's - Ft. Worth
3. The Pit - Duncanville
4. Baker's Ribs - Dallas
5. Jerry's - Aledo
6. Posey's - Little Elm
7. Railhead BBQ - Ft. Worth
8. Cousin's - Ft. Worth
9. Ricky's - Ft. Worth
10. Anthony's Famous - Tyler

In the Austin Area we are considering these places.

1. Dusty's - Manor

2. Southside Market (in Elgin). Not very good. Has a great
reputation, but their food is usually below par.

3. Louie Mueller's
4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
5. The Salt Lick
6. Ben's Longbranch
7. BBQ World Headquarters
8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood

9. Pit BBQ (A chain, okay but nothing special)

10. Luling City Market - Luling
11. Smitty's - Lockhart
12. Black's - Lockhart
13. Kreuz Market - Lockhart
14. Cooper's Old Time BBQ

These are the ones we've heard about in Houston.

1. Williams Smokehouse
2. Central Texas BBQ - Pearland
3. Black's BBQ - Friendswood
4. Country Time BBQ - Spring
5. New Zion Baptist Church BBQ - Huntsville
6. Joe's - Alvin
7. Rib Tickler's - Tomball

Obviously we can't try them all so we're hoping to sample only the best.
Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Jones

Welcome to Texas

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Save Coopers for last, unless you want to be dissapointed the rest of your
month.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"wj" > wrote in message
> Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month

sampling
> BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas / Ft. worth

area.
> I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any others that

are
> great.
>
> 1. Harvey's - Irving
> 2. Angelo's - Ft. Worth
> 3. The Pit - Duncanville
> 4. Baker's Ribs - Dallas
> 5. Jerry's - Aledo
> 6. Posey's - Little Elm
> 7. Railhead BBQ - Ft. Worth
> 8. Cousin's - Ft. Worth
> 9. Ricky's - Ft. Worth
> 10. Anthony's Famous - Tyler
>
> In the Austin Area we are considering these places.
>
> 1. Dusty's - Manor
> 2. Southside Market
> 3. Louie Mueller's
> 4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
> 5. The Salt Lick
> 6. Ben's Longbranch
> 7. BBQ World Headquarters
> 8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood
> 9. Pit BBQ
> 10. Luling City Market - Luling

In addendium to my previous:

Luling City Market MIGHT give Coopers a run for it's money.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wj wrote:
> Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month sampling
> BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas / Ft. worth area.
> I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any others that are
> great.
>
> 1. Harvey's - Irving
> 2. Angelo's - Ft. Worth
> 3. The Pit - Duncanville
> 4. Baker's Ribs - Dallas
> 5. Jerry's - Aledo
> 6. Posey's - Little Elm
> 7. Railhead BBQ - Ft. Worth
> 8. Cousin's - Ft. Worth
> 9. Ricky's - Ft. Worth
> 10. Anthony's Famous - Tyler
>
> In the Austin Area we are considering these places.
>
> 1. Dusty's - Manor
> 2. Southside Market
> 3. Louie Mueller's
> 4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
> 5. The Salt Lick
> 6. Ben's Longbranch
> 7. BBQ World Headquarters
> 8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood
> 9. Pit BBQ
> 10. Luling City Market - Luling
> 11. Smitty's - Lockhart
> 12. Black's - Lockhart
> 13. Kreuz Market - Lockhart
> 14. Cooper's Old Time BBQ
>
> These are the ones we've heard about in Houston.
>
> 1. Williams Smokehouse
> 2. Central Texas BBQ - Pearland
> 3. Black's BBQ - Friendswood
> 4. Country Time BBQ - Spring
> 5. New Zion Baptist Church BBQ - Huntsville
> 6. Joe's - Alvin
> 7. Rib Tickler's - Tomball
>
> Obviously we can't try them all so we're hoping to sample only the best.
> Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bill Jones

Dunno about Texas, but if you'll come to Georgia, we'll turn you on to
some REAL 'Q!!!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wj wrote:
> Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month sampling
> BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas / Ft. worth area.
> I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any others that are
> great.

Here's a pretty good article with reviews by a restaraunt owner who did
a tour:

http://www.rd.com/content/openConten...ontentId=27847

Forgot who posted it here before.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wj wrote:

> In the Austin Area we are considering these places.
>
> 1. Dusty's - Manor
> 2. Southside Market
> 3. Louie Mueller's
> 4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
> 5. The Salt Lick
> 6. Ben's Longbranch
> 7. BBQ World Headquarters
> 8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood
> 9. Pit BBQ
> 10. Luling City Market - Luling
> 11. Smitty's - Lockhart
> 12. Black's - Lockhart
> 13. Kreuz Market - Lockhart
> 14. Cooper's Old Time BBQ

The Salt Lick is a tourist trap, the Q is ok, but nothing out of this world. On
the other hand, try Stubbs(?) downtown near the police headquarters. Bill
Millers on the corner of Slaughter and Manchaca has some pretty decent Q, try
their Pecan pie for dessert.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:31:01 -0600, Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
>
>> Bill Millers on the corner of Slaughter and Manchaca has some pretty
>> decent Q, try
>> their Pecan pie for dessert.

> There's isn't a BM's on Slaughter and Manchaca.
>
> There's one on Slaughter near I35, outside the new Southpark
> Meadows Mega-Shopping Plaza (the largest in Austin, and in my back
> yard), or one at Manchaca and William Cannon.
>
> I mentioned the later one (William Cannon) as being pretty good,
> also. I've never been to the one on Slaughter to evaluate it's Q.
>
> -sw
>
>> Austin, TX

Steve, did you ever try a place in Dripping Springs called Riley's. I ate
there in September and I thought it was much, much better than Krietz's
(sp)?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Where is Rudy's?

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
wj wj is offline

I'd like to thank everyone who took time to offer me their advice. That's
what's great about the Internet.

Bill Jones

"wj" > wrote in message
> Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month
> sampling BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas / Ft.
> worth area. I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any
> others that are great.
>
> 1. Harvey's - Irving
> 2. Angelo's - Ft. Worth
> 3. The Pit - Duncanville
> 4. Baker's Ribs - Dallas
> 5. Jerry's - Aledo
> 6. Posey's - Little Elm
> 7. Railhead BBQ - Ft. Worth
> 8. Cousin's - Ft. Worth
> 9. Ricky's - Ft. Worth
> 10. Anthony's Famous - Tyler
>
> In the Austin Area we are considering these places.
>
> 1. Dusty's - Manor
> 2. Southside Market
> 3. Louie Mueller's
> 4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
> 5. The Salt Lick
> 6. Ben's Longbranch
> 7. BBQ World Headquarters
> 8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood
> 9. Pit BBQ
> 10. Luling City Market - Luling
> 11. Smitty's - Lockhart
> 12. Black's - Lockhart
> 13. Kreuz Market - Lockhart
> 14. Cooper's Old Time BBQ
>
> These are the ones we've heard about in Houston.
>
> 1. Williams Smokehouse
> 2. Central Texas BBQ - Pearland
> 3. Black's BBQ - Friendswood
> 4. Country Time BBQ - Spring
> 5. New Zion Baptist Church BBQ - Huntsville
> 6. Joe's - Alvin
> 7. Rib Tickler's - Tomball
>
> Obviously we can't try them all so we're hoping to sample only the best.
> Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bill Jones

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
wj wj is offline

I've also heard about Sonny Bryan's in Dallas. Apparently it's famous, but
is it good?

Advice?

Bill Jones

"wj" > wrote in message
> Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month
> sampling BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas / Ft.
> worth area. I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any
> others that are great.
>
> 1. Harvey's - Irving
> 2. Angelo's - Ft. Worth
> 3. The Pit - Duncanville
> 4. Baker's Ribs - Dallas
> 5. Jerry's - Aledo
> 6. Posey's - Little Elm
> 7. Railhead BBQ - Ft. Worth
> 8. Cousin's - Ft. Worth
> 9. Ricky's - Ft. Worth
> 10. Anthony's Famous - Tyler
>
> In the Austin Area we are considering these places.
>
> 1. Dusty's - Manor
> 2. Southside Market
> 3. Louie Mueller's
> 4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
> 5. The Salt Lick
> 6. Ben's Longbranch
> 7. BBQ World Headquarters
> 8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood
> 9. Pit BBQ
> 10. Luling City Market - Luling
> 11. Smitty's - Lockhart
> 12. Black's - Lockhart
> 13. Kreuz Market - Lockhart
> 14. Cooper's Old Time BBQ
>
> These are the ones we've heard about in Houston.
>
> 1. Williams Smokehouse
> 2. Central Texas BBQ - Pearland
> 3. Black's BBQ - Friendswood
> 4. Country Time BBQ - Spring
> 5. New Zion Baptist Church BBQ - Huntsville
> 6. Joe's - Alvin
> 7. Rib Tickler's - Tomball
>
> Obviously we can't try them all so we're hoping to sample only the best.
> Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bill Jones

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Personally, I'd skip Sonny Bryans
I'd recommend

MY Favorite
Smokey John's
1820 West Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75235 (just west Of Harry Hines)
(214) 352-2752
Try his Garlic sausage. He has it custom made and it is excellent
http://www.smokeyjohns.com/

Sammy's Barbecue
2126 Leonard St, Dallas, TX 75201
Phone: (214) 880-9064

Anderson's Barbecue House
5410 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75235
Phone: (214) 630-0735

Sammy Walker's Bar-B-Que
9630 Lake June, Dallas, TX 75217
Phone: (972) 286-8404

All but Sammy Walkers are within 10 minutes of each other near
downtown/Parkland Hospital

HAVE FUN

In ,
wj >spewed forth:
> I've also heard about Sonny Bryan's in Dallas. Apparently it's
> famous, but is it good?
>
> Advice?
>
> Bill Jones
>

> "wj" > wrote in message
>> Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month
>> sampling BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas /
>> Ft. worth area. I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions
>> for any others that are great.
>>
>> 1. Harvey's - Irving
>> 2. Angelo's - Ft. Worth
>> 3. The Pit - Duncanville
>> 4. Baker's Ribs - Dallas
>> 5. Jerry's - Aledo
>> 6. Posey's - Little Elm
>> 7. Railhead BBQ - Ft. Worth
>> 8. Cousin's - Ft. Worth
>> 9. Ricky's - Ft. Worth
>> 10. Anthony's Famous - Tyler
>>
>> In the Austin Area we are considering these places.
>>
>> 1. Dusty's - Manor
>> 2. Southside Market
>> 3. Louie Mueller's
>> 4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
>> 5. The Salt Lick
>> 6. Ben's Longbranch
>> 7. BBQ World Headquarters
>> 8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood
>> 9. Pit BBQ
>> 10. Luling City Market - Luling
>> 11. Smitty's - Lockhart
>> 12. Black's - Lockhart
>> 13. Kreuz Market - Lockhart
>> 14. Cooper's Old Time BBQ
>>
>> These are the ones we've heard about in Houston.
>>
>> 1. Williams Smokehouse
>> 2. Central Texas BBQ - Pearland
>> 3. Black's BBQ - Friendswood
>> 4. Country Time BBQ - Spring
>> 5. New Zion Baptist Church BBQ - Huntsville
>> 6. Joe's - Alvin
>> 7. Rib Tickler's - Tomball
>>
>> Obviously we can't try them all so we're hoping to sample only the
>> best. Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Bill Jones

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:19:19 -0800, "wj" > wrote:

>I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any others that are
>great.

Bill

In the Austin area I'd add Meyer's in Elgin for sausage and, just to
clarify, you plan on going to the Cooper's in Llano, right? Cooper's
in Llano is where god goes when she's in the mood for brisket.

In Houston I'd add Thelma's, terrific brisket and ribs, killer
catfish. I'd add Otto's as well, but Thelma is the Queen of Houston
BBQ.

Enjoy,
Gary

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2007 09:25:22 -0800, basskisser wrote:
>
> > Dunno about Texas, but if you'll come to Georgia, we'll turn you on to
> > some REAL 'Q!!!

> Raccoons, squirrels, and possum, maybe.
>
> -sw

Real bbq doesn't have a cow around it.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=2091

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=82

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=1884

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=579

And this one, I stop at regularly:
http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=572

Big Pig Jig:
http://www.bigpigjig.com/

All this in jest! I realize Texas has q too!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
wj wj is offline

We were planning to go to Cooper's but I've read and heard that Opie's in
Manor is much better. Thanks for the heads-up on Houston.

Bill

"G Wiv" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:19:19 -0800, "wj" > wrote:
>
>>I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any others that
>>are
>>great.

> Bill
>
> In the Austin area I'd add Meyer's in Elgin for sausage and, just to
> clarify, you plan on going to the Cooper's in Llano, right? Cooper's
> in Llano is where god goes when she's in the mood for brisket.
>
> In Houston I'd add Thelma's, terrific brisket and ribs, killer
> catfish. I'd add Otto's as well, but Thelma is the Queen of Houston
> BBQ.
>
> Enjoy,
> Gary

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Someone pointed out Rudy's BBQ. You can't come to Texas and not try
"the worst BBQ in TX"(slogan).
Food Network tried BBQ from all over the US, and gave out awards for
the different types of brisket (south - smoked, NE - injected flavors,
etc...) Best BBQ was voted as Rudy's in San Antonio, and tied overall,
(if I remember right) All locations I have tried are great, and are
located as part of a gas station. I would not leave TX without trying
it.
The Salt Lick is also great in Austin, and mabye many tourist, but this
business was started by a local man, and he can cook a brisket.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I grew up in Dallas, lived near Houston for several years, and have spent
considerable time in the Austin area, still visiting and eating barbeque as
frequently as possible.

An excellent appetite-wetter is Texas Monthly's article from 1997- not up to
date, but still a good guide (and as they correctly point out, if you agree
with all of their selections, you aren't really serious about barbeque):

http://www.texasmonthly.com/mag/issu.../bbq/index.php

Something very important to keep in mind is that producing great barbeque is
subject to a lot of variables- even the best of places have their good and
bad days. Some people think very highly of places that I've been
disappointed in, and I've had great meals in places that others have dissed.
That being said.

Dallas/Fort Worth

Angelo's- one of my favorite places, I've never had a disappointing meal
there. A must-do!
Baker's Ribs- my experience is of the location on Greenville Avenue, I've
had some very good barbecue there, but some that's been forgettable or
worse.
Railhead- I don't get to FW too often, so I can't pass up Angelo's, but it
has a great reputation- some folks say it's better than Angelo's.

I might also try the original Sonny Bryan's on Inwood in Dallas, but that's
probably just sentimental- when it was the only location and Mr. Bryan
manned the pit every day, it could hold its own with any barbeque
institution anywhere. On a good day, the ribs still approach their old
glory, and the brisket is still usually pretty good. And, while I don't
judge a barbeque place on its sides, their onion rings are great.

I have heard that Clark's Outpost (http://www.clarksoutpost.com/), which I
think is about an hour north of Dallas, is well worth the trip. I have no
personal experience, but I tend to trust the recommenders (but don't blame
me if you make the trip and it's lousy- I'd be interested to hear other
opinions).

Austin area:

Southside Market- very good- several places outside of Austin are a bit of a
drive, and this one pushes the boundaries of "is it worth it or not?". I've
always stopped by when it's "on the way". Big place, long lines, good but
not great. It is the only barbeque place where I order sausage every time I
go, and they have several items (like mutton) that most places don't have.

Louie Mueller's- one of Texas Monthly's "Top 3", and I wanted to like it so
much- it probably has the best vibe that I've ever gotten from a barbeque
place. But the food was kind or ordinary the day I was there, and I haven't
been back. It wasn't the least bit bad, but not (for me, that day) worth a
repeat trip from Austin.

The Salt Lick- my only experience was at a rehearsal dinner, but both my
father (who inspired my passion for barbeque via many meals while I was
growing up) and I thought that everything was pretty lousy that night.

City Market at Luling (please note the difference in this name and the one
you mentioned- Luling City Market is in Houston)- along with Angelo's, the
only place that I've never been the least bit disappointed. My vote for the
current best barbeque in Texas (and, therefore, the world).

Kreutz Market- the new location is huge and a bit impersonal. The first
(2001) and last (2006) visits have been two of the greatest barbeque
experiences of my life. My many visits in between have, with one exception,
been very good to excellent. I keep going back hoping to hit it on another
great day.

Which is the main reason that I haven't been back to Smitty's or Blacks:

Smitty's- This is the original location of Kreutz Market. I've only been
there once, but the food was excellent, but the old, smoke-stained dining
area was not open and we ate in a formica-themed diner area. The pork chops
were even better than Kreutz, though.

Black's- once again, I've only been there once, thought it was outstanding,
but keep going back to Kreutz in the hopes of another great meal. But,
based on single visits, both Smitty's and Black's are definite musts!

Cooper's- I've only eaten there twice, about 10 years apart. First time
fine, nothing special, last April all the meat was WAY oversalted-
otherwise, fine, but nothing special. They use open pits, so the meat is
cooked more quickly than most places. Very nice atmosphere, and the drive
to Llano can be very nice, but I wasn't impressed at all. I had barbeque at
4 places on this 3-day trip (the others were Iron Works, Kreutz, and the
usually mediocre Stubbs), and this was the least good- not that it was bad
except for the oversalting, just that I haven't figured out what the fuss is
about. I was very surprised that Stubb's was better, though.

Other places to try:

Louis Mueller's son's place (in Manor?), I've heard very good things about
it.

Iron Works, always very good and convenient if you're downtown.

I wouldn't normally recommend Stubbs, where I've had some pretty lame stuff
in the past, but it was very good last time I was there.

Houston:

I've heard great things about William's Smokehouse for years, but have never
been there- if you go, please report.

Hmm, that's all I know about the places you listed in the Houston area. I
never had great barbeque when I lived there, but there was a lot of very
good stuff.

On my last 2 visits (the last less than a month ago), the Luling City
Market, originally opened by someone who had worked at the City Market in
Luling, has been excellent and very similar to the original City Market.

Most Houstonians say the best place in town is Goode Company Barbeque on
Kirby (I think there are other locations), but I disagree. Lots of
atmosphere, good but rarely great food (but very creative, which may not be
a good thing for barbeque). If, for some odd reason, you don't find
yourself in the mood for barbeque, Jim Goode has a very good, if relatively
pricy, seafood place a block or so away, and a burger/quasi-Tex-Mex
restaurant across the street).

Avoid Otto's (another established and often recommended place) unless you
have a sweet tooth for everything (meat, slaw, etc.)- in which case you
probably won't like any of the above places at all!

Summary- don't miss Angelo's or the City Market, where I've never been
disappointed. And Kreutz, hoping to be there on "one of those days". And
you're sure to have some memorable meals at places that I've never been
before. Have a great trip!

"wj" > wrote in message
> Myself and two friends are going to fly to Texas and spend a month
> sampling BBQ. Here are the places we're considering in the Dallas / Ft.
> worth area. I would welcome any comments on them, or suggestions for any
> others that are great.
>
> 1. Harvey's - Irving
> 2. Angelo's - Ft. Worth
> 3. The Pit - Duncanville
> 4. Baker's Ribs - Dallas
> 5. Jerry's - Aledo
> 6. Posey's - Little Elm
> 7. Railhead BBQ - Ft. Worth
> 8. Cousin's - Ft. Worth
> 9. Ricky's - Ft. Worth
> 10. Anthony's Famous - Tyler
>
> In the Austin Area we are considering these places.
>
> 1. Dusty's - Manor
> 2. Southside Market
> 3. Louie Mueller's
> 4. Texaco Station - Cedar Park
> 5. The Salt Lick
> 6. Ben's Longbranch
> 7. BBQ World Headquarters
> 8. RO's Outpost - Spicewood
> 9. Pit BBQ
> 10. Luling City Market - Luling
> 11. Smitty's - Lockhart
> 12. Black's - Lockhart
> 13. Kreuz Market - Lockhart
> 14. Cooper's Old Time BBQ
>
> These are the ones we've heard about in Houston.
>
> 1. Williams Smokehouse
> 2. Central Texas BBQ - Pearland
> 3. Black's BBQ - Friendswood
> 4. Country Time BBQ - Spring
> 5. New Zion Baptist Church BBQ - Huntsville
> 6. Joe's - Alvin
> 7. Rib Tickler's - Tomball
>
> Obviously we can't try them all so we're hoping to sample only the best.
> Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bill Jones

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:49:51 -0800, "wj" > wrote:

>We were planning to go to Cooper's but I've read and heard that Opie's in
>Manor is much better.

You heard wrong.

While there are others with substantially more experience than me,
I've been serious about cooking my own BBQ for 10+ years and have
eaten at many, 50+ easily, BBQ joints around the United States.

Cooper's in Llano has, with no equivocation, the best brisket I've had
the pleasure eating.

Enjoy,
Gary

Beijing Excursion Drac Tea 2 13-04-2008 09:13 AM
Advice on oil Bobo Bonobo® General Cooking 61 31-08-2007 12:29 PM
Superauto advice (UK based but any advice on machines appreciated) Copterman Coffee 5 24-12-2004 08:47 PM
Kate's Peruvian Food/Blobfest excursion Kate Connally General Cooking 49 04-08-2004 08:01 AM
Need Advice LizH228 Vegan 7 01-02-2004 06:46 AM