Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Default NewsGroup access - TFM® & kili

From an e-mail:

12/12/06 5:00 a.m. is the last accessible message. We haven't been able to
access the NG's since we got back from the Mayo Tuesday.

Our ISP insists they don't know jack shit about anything and they're very
upstanding in stating that it's not their problem.

At any rate, if you would, tell everyone we're still alive and well in
Zephyrhills. Email is still fully functional BTW. (DUH!)

Wish them all a Merry Christmas from both of us as well. (If yer feelin'
lazy just copy and paste this whole dang thing)

TFM®
Zephyrhills (Luv ya man) Florida

I was feelin' lazy. ;-)

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

wrote:
> From an e-mail:
>
> 12/12/06 5:00 a.m. is the last accessible message. We haven't been
> able to access the NG's since we got back from the Mayo Tuesday.
>
> Our ISP insists they don't know jack shit about anything and they're
> very upstanding in stating that it's not their problem.
>
> At any rate, if you would, tell everyone we're still alive and well in
> Zephyrhills. Email is still fully functional BTW. (DUH!)
>
> Wish them all a Merry Christmas from both of us as well. (If yer
> feelin' lazy just copy and paste this whole dang thing)
>
> TFM®
> Zephyrhills (Luv ya man) Florida
>

> I was feelin' lazy. ;-)

LOL, thanks, Nick. I guess our ISP got something right because we were
"granted" access this morning to ABF, at least. It's amazing how cut off
you feel when you can't read Usenet. :~)

For those of you wondering, I'm dealing. I'm still in quite a bit of pain
and I've been told that I'm developing necrosis in the area of
reconstruction. (Some of the tissue didn't take and is dying.) I'm
supposed to do another follow up in a couple of weeks and start radiation
therapy. After healing from the radiation, I'll go through a period of more
testing to make sure they got the whole tumor, because this kind of sarcoma
keeps recurring. (It's a nasty little bugger.) In any case, I'm still
looking forward (?) to a couple of more reconstructive surgeries. My
biggest complaint is nerve damage from my pelvis up to my sternum - it's all
numb - and muscle spasms. Well, having ribs cut out doesn't feel good
either. :~)

Hope everyone else is fine and if we're lacking a little bit in the
communications department, you guys know why. For gruesome pix and updates,
check out the link in my sig.

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> > From an e-mail:
> >
> > 12/12/06 5:00 a.m. is the last accessible message. We haven't been
> > able to access the NG's since we got back from the Mayo Tuesday.
> >
> > Our ISP insists they don't know jack shit about anything and they're
> > very upstanding in stating that it's not their problem.
> >
> > At any rate, if you would, tell everyone we're still alive and well in
> > Zephyrhills. Email is still fully functional BTW. (DUH!)
> >
> > Wish them all a Merry Christmas from both of us as well. (If yer
> > feelin' lazy just copy and paste this whole dang thing)
> >
> > TFM®
> > Zephyrhills (Luv ya man) Florida
> >

> > I was feelin' lazy. ;-)

> LOL, thanks, Nick. I guess our ISP got something right because we were
> "granted" access this morning to ABF, at least. It's amazing how cut off
> you feel when you can't read Usenet. :~)
>
> For those of you wondering, I'm dealing. I'm still in quite a bit of pain
> and I've been told that I'm developing necrosis in the area of
> reconstruction. (Some of the tissue didn't take and is dying.) I'm
> supposed to do another follow up in a couple of weeks and start radiation
> therapy. After healing from the radiation, I'll go through a period of

more
> testing to make sure they got the whole tumor, because this kind of

sarcoma
> keeps recurring. (It's a nasty little bugger.) In any case, I'm still
> looking forward (?) to a couple of more reconstructive surgeries. My
> biggest complaint is nerve damage from my pelvis up to my sternum - it's

all
> numb - and muscle spasms. Well, having ribs cut out doesn't feel good
> either. :~)
>
> Hope everyone else is fine and if we're lacking a little bit in the
> communications department, you guys know why. For gruesome pix and

updates,
> check out the link in my sig.
>
> kili
> --

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Glad to see you back!

Joe

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

kilikini wrote:

> LOL, thanks, Nick. I guess our ISP got something right because we were
> "granted" access this morning to ABF, at least. It's amazing how cut off
> you feel when you can't read Usenet. :~)
>
> For those of you wondering, I'm dealing. I'm still in quite a bit of pain
> and I've been told that I'm developing necrosis in the area of
> reconstruction. (Some of the tissue didn't take and is dying.) I'm
> supposed to do another follow up in a couple of weeks and start radiation
> therapy. After healing from the radiation, I'll go through a period of more
> testing to make sure they got the whole tumor, because this kind of sarcoma
> keeps recurring. (It's a nasty little bugger.) In any case, I'm still
> looking forward (?) to a couple of more reconstructive surgeries. My
> biggest complaint is nerve damage from my pelvis up to my sternum - it's all
> numb - and muscle spasms. Well, having ribs cut out doesn't feel good
> either. :~)
>
> Hope everyone else is fine and if we're lacking a little bit in the
> communications department, you guys know why. For gruesome pix and updates,
> check out the link in my sig.
>
> kili

Nice to here you are on board again !

Philippe who will be out of Belgium for a 5 hour car trip in any direction

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

kilikini wrote:
> For those of you wondering, I'm dealing. I'm still in quite a bit of pain
> and I've been told that I'm developing necrosis in the area of
> reconstruction. (Some of the tissue didn't take and is dying.) I'm
> supposed to do another follow up in a couple of weeks and start radiation
> therapy. After healing from the radiation, I'll go through a period of more
> testing to make sure they got the whole tumor, because this kind of sarcoma
> keeps recurring. (It's a nasty little bugger.) In any case, I'm still
> looking forward (?) to a couple of more reconstructive surgeries. My
> biggest complaint is nerve damage from my pelvis up to my sternum - it's all
> numb - and muscle spasms. Well, having ribs cut out doesn't feel good
> either. :~)
>
> Hope everyone else is fine and if we're lacking a little bit in the
> communications department, you guys know why. For gruesome pix and updates,
> check out the link in my sig.
>
> kili
> --
> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Hang in there Kili. We're all pulling for you.

Virtual hug to you both.... errr. well make that to you and
a handshake to TFM®. ;-D

I hoe you guys have the best Christmas possible under the
circumstances.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 06:53:10 -0500, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>LOL, thanks, Nick. I guess our ISP got something right because we were
>"granted" access this morning to ABF, at least. It's amazing how cut off
>you feel when you can't read Usenet. :~)

Welcome back
It seems to be the season for newsserver meltdowns, earthlink's has been
down for a week with no explanation.
--

09=ix

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"kilikini" > wrote:
> wrote:
> > From an e-mail:
> >
> > 12/12/06 5:00 a.m. is the last accessible message. We haven't been
> > able to access the NG's since we got back from the Mayo Tuesday.
> >
> > Our ISP insists they don't know jack shit about anything and they're
> > very upstanding in stating that it's not their problem.
> >
> > At any rate, if you would, tell everyone we're still alive and well in
> > Zephyrhills. Email is still fully functional BTW. (DUH!)
> >
> > Wish them all a Merry Christmas from both of us as well. (If yer
> > feelin' lazy just copy and paste this whole dang thing)
> >
> > TFM®
> > Zephyrhills (Luv ya man) Florida
> >
> > I was feelin' lazy. ;-)

> LOL, thanks, Nick. I guess our ISP got something right because we were
> "granted" access this morning to ABF, at least. It's amazing how cut off
> you feel when you can't read Usenet. :~)
>
> For those of you wondering, I'm dealing. I'm still in quite a bit of
> pain and I've been told that I'm developing necrosis in the area of
> reconstruction. (Some of the tissue didn't take and is dying.) I'm
> supposed to do another follow up in a couple of weeks and start radiation
> therapy. After healing from the radiation, I'll go through a period of
> more testing to make sure they got the whole tumor, because this kind of
> sarcoma keeps recurring. (It's a nasty little bugger.) In any case,
> I'm still looking forward (?) to a couple of more reconstructive
> surgeries. My biggest complaint is nerve damage from my pelvis up to my
> sternum - it's all numb - and muscle spasms. Well, having ribs cut out
> doesn't feel good either. :~)
>
> Hope everyone else is fine and if we're lacking a little bit in the
> communications department, you guys know why. For gruesome pix and
> updates, check out the link in my sig.

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Good ta hear from ya. baby. Jun sends her best wishes, too. Shaddup!

You want gruesome pix? I've got 4 CD's my SIL gave me from Iraq.
Believe me, you don't want them! ;-0

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\)" > wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
> > [ . . . ]

> Philippe who will be out of Belgium for a 5 hour car trip in any
> direction

I love ". . . in any direction"

Reminds me of when I invited my daughter to dinner with some of the crew on
"Facts of Life", some 20 years ago. She asked who was going. When I named
one person, she asked, "Dad. Is he that distinguished looking, unpleasant
gentleman?" When I laughingly answered in the affirmative, she said, "I'm
sorry, dad. I wont be able to make it. I just remembered that I have
anything else to do."

~Semper Fi~