Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default cookshack or bradley

Hi All,

I have been a bbq fanatic for a few years now. Pork butt is my all time
fav. I currently own a bar-b-chef offset smoker (from bbq's galore) that
I really love and have had great success with. It was affordable and is
very durable.

I am now moving to a new home, a town home actually, where I doubt I am
going to have the room for a large heavy Q. I have been reading recently
about the cookshack and the Bradley electric (box) smokers. These seem
like they might be the perfect solution to my bbq habit, and moving to a
smaller home. Each one would fit perfect on the deck.

The Bradley seems to have a great set up for adding the wood for
smoking, and I have read good reviews on the smoke taste from these units.

I have recently read about the cookshack as well, though it seems to be
more expensive.

So any more thoughts on the pros/cons on these 2 units, and any others I
should consider?

Thanks in advance..

Paulbill
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Paulbill wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been a bbq fanatic for a few years now. Pork butt is my all time
> fav. I currently own a bar-b-chef offset smoker (from bbq's galore) that
> I really love and have had great success with. It was affordable and is
> very durable.
>
> I am now moving to a new home, a town home actually, where I doubt I am
> going to have the room for a large heavy Q. I have been reading recently
> about the cookshack and the Bradley electric (box) smokers. These seem
> like they might be the perfect solution to my bbq habit, and moving to a
> smaller home. Each one would fit perfect on the deck.
>
> The Bradley seems to have a great set up for adding the wood for
> smoking, and I have read good reviews on the smoke taste from these units.
>
> I have recently read about the cookshack as well, though it seems to be
> more expensive.
>
> So any more thoughts on the pros/cons on these 2 units, and any others I
> should consider?
>
> Thanks in advance..

Here's an old thread. There are more. You should try a search.

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.barbecue/msg/eeb49e9e97f254f?hl=en>

--
Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Reg" > wrote in message
et...

> Paulbill wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been a bbq fanatic for a few years now. Pork butt is my all time
>> fav. I currently own a bar-b-chef offset smoker (from bbq's galore) that
>> I really love and have had great success with. It was affordable and is
>> very durable.
>>
>> I am now moving to a new home, a town home actually, where I doubt I am
>> going to have the room for a large heavy Q. I have been reading recently
>> about the cookshack and the Bradley electric (box) smokers. These seem
>> like they might be the perfect solution to my bbq habit, and moving to a
>> smaller home. Each one would fit perfect on the deck.
>>
>> The Bradley seems to have a great set up for adding the wood for smoking,
>> and I have read good reviews on the smoke taste from these units.
>>
>> I have recently read about the cookshack as well, though it seems to be
>> more expensive.
>>
>> So any more thoughts on the pros/cons on these 2 units, and any others I
>> should consider?
>>
>> Thanks in advance..

> Here's an old thread. There are more. You should try a search.
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.barbecue/msg/eeb49e9e97f254f?hl=en>
>
> --
> Reg

Here's a recent thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...8a4 b3771dd86
Reg probably has more insight and personal experience with this than anyone
else on this NG.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> "Reg" > wrote in message
> et...
>> Paulbill wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have been a bbq fanatic for a few years now. Pork butt is my all time
>>> fav. I currently own a bar-b-chef offset smoker (from bbq's galore) that
>>> I really love and have had great success with. It was affordable and is
>>> very durable.
>>>
>>> I am now moving to a new home, a town home actually, where I doubt I am
>>> going to have the room for a large heavy Q. I have been reading recently
>>> about the cookshack and the Bradley electric (box) smokers. These seem
>>> like they might be the perfect solution to my bbq habit, and moving to a
>>> smaller home. Each one would fit perfect on the deck.
>>>
>>> The Bradley seems to have a great set up for adding the wood for smoking,
>>> and I have read good reviews on the smoke taste from these units.
>>>
>>> I have recently read about the cookshack as well, though it seems to be
>>> more expensive.
>>>
>>> So any more thoughts on the pros/cons on these 2 units, and any others I
>>> should consider?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance..

>> Here's an old thread. There are more. You should try a search.
>>
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.barbecue/msg/eeb49e9e97f254f?hl=en>
>>
>> --
>> Reg
>>

> Here's a recent thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...8a4 b3771dd86
> Reg probably has more insight and personal experience with this than anyone
> else on this NG.
>
> Kent

Thanks!

Anyone here using a Cookshack Smokette 2 here? geemike Barbecue 12 11-12-2006 03:25 PM
Cookshack temperature profile DougW Barbecue 1 23-10-2006 03:50 AM
Is the Cookshack smoker any good? [email protected] Barbecue 0 26-01-2005 11:20 AM
Cookshack Smokers Reg Preserving 6 01-03-2004 02:06 AM
Cookshack Smokers dan Preserving 0 26-02-2004 10:08 PM