FoodBanter.com

-   -   need help making a nc style pig cooker (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/107220-need-help-making-nc.html)

[email protected] 19-11-2006 04:01 PM

need help making a nc style pig cooker

hello with most of the older people in my family now gone 1,m a 23 year
old trying to keep the tradition alive but its impossible to find out
how to construct a pig cooker i have an 250 gallon oval oil drums and
already have a grate really need help on the pipe burner and some kind
of a grease pan any help will be very helpful thanks

[email protected] 20-11-2006 12:15 AM

On 19-Nov-2006, " > wrote:

> hello with most of the older people in my family now gone 1,m a 23 year
> old trying to keep the tradition alive but its impossible to find out
> how to construct a pig cooker i have an 250 gallon oval oil drums and
> already have a grate really need help on the pipe burner and some kind
> of a grease pan any help will be very helpful thanks

To start with, let Google help you get started. Google "BBQ Cooker Plans".
You'll get a surprising number of hits directed at building your own cooker.
Variations of that search string will likely produce even more.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

Kevin S. Wilson 20-11-2006 01:15 AM

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:15:31 GMT, wrote:

>On 19-Nov-2006, " > wrote:
>
>> hello with most of the older people in my family now gone 1,m a 23 year
>> old trying to keep the tradition alive but its impossible to find out
>> how to construct a pig cooker i have an 250 gallon oval oil drums and
>> already have a grate really need help on the pipe burner and some kind
>> of a grease pan any help will be very helpful thanks

>To start with, let Google help you get started. Google "BBQ Cooker Plans".
>You'll get a surprising number of hits directed at building your own cooker.
>Variations of that search string will likely produce even more.

For some values of "surprising."

Results 1 - 9 of 9 for "BBQ Cooker Plans".

Try "BBQ Plans" (with the quotes) or "Smoker Plans" (again with the
quotes.

Results 1 - 10 of about 576 for "Smoker Plans".

Add "barrel" (without the quotes) to narrow down the search.