Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default McRIB

I know it's terrible, but i kinda like em...please help me

arfbarker
irc.irctoo.net #we'd
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I agree. They're really not bad at all.
Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus wrote:
> I agree. They're really not bad at all.

McD has a lot of good stuff.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

You're crazy. The only time I ever tried one, I threw it out the wiondow
after two bites (the second bite was because I couldn't believe it was
really that bad). Two days later, the ASPCA arrested me for cruelty to
animals because a dog tried to eat it.

Nonnymus > wrote in news:dKS4h.660$hM5.549
@newsfe12.phx:

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean > wrote in
.130:

> You're crazy. The only time I ever tried one, I threw it out the
> wiondow after two bites (the second bite was because I couldn't
> believe it was really that bad). Two days later, the ASPCA arrested me
> for cruelty to animals because a dog tried to eat it.

Gotta agree there - a meat-like substance molded into a boneless
rib-shaped thing. Yum. That seems to be the business model they go with,
though - you can also get the meat-like substance molded into a nugget
shape and fried, an egg-like substance cooked in a mold and on a bun or
several other molded items of your choice.

-Jeff

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Barry Bean" > wrote in message
.130...
> You're crazy. The only time I ever tried one, I threw it out the wiondow
> after two bites (the second bite was because I couldn't believe it was
> really that bad). Two days later, the ASPCA arrested me for cruelty to
> animals because a dog tried to eat it.

Sooner or later they'll test market the McTophooey!

Dimitri

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:46:36 GMT, arfbarker wrote:
>
>> I know it's terrible, but i kinda like em...please help me

> That thing will never die. The McRib Farewell Tour #2006:
>
> http://www.mcrib.com/

As long as they don't start shaping them into various body parts and stuffing
them into the bread..
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Nonnymus wrote:
> > I agree. They're really not bad at all.

> McD has a lot of good stuff.

The ****in' best!

I like to order a dozen quarter pounders and toss the "meat" and just eat
the buns with a shitload of musquirt.

--
TFM®
Zephyrhills (All you mother ****ers are gonna pay...) Florida

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology,alt.religion.dake-bonoism,alt.atheism

Alan Truism wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 01:44:54 +0000, TFM® wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...

> >> McD has a lot of good stuff.
> >>

> > The ****in' best!
> >
> > I like to order a dozen quarter pounders and toss the "meat" and just eat
> > the buns with a shitload of musquirt.

> The McRib is extinct.
>
> Nuclear winter is the first culprit.

Whose boneheadded idea was it to put the cheese on the COLD side of the
McDLT?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean wrote:
> You're crazy. The only time I ever tried one, I threw it out the wiondow
> after two bites (the second bite was because I couldn't believe it was
> really that bad). Two days later, the ASPCA arrested me for cruelty to
> animals because a dog tried to eat it.

Well at least he tried to eat it!

> Nonnymus > wrote in news:dKS4h.660$hM5.549
> @newsfe12.phx:
>
> > I agree. They're really not bad at all.
> > Nonny
> >
> > arfbarker wrote:
> >>
> >> I know it's terrible, but i kinda like em...please help me
> >>

> >> arfbarker
> >> irc.irctoo.net #we'd

> --
> Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
> http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
H H is offline

I n Ontario they call it Mcgag & Mcpuke

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 10 Nov 2006 16:49:35 GMT, Jeff Edwards
> wrote:

>Gotta agree there - a meat-like substance molded into a boneless
>rib-shaped thing. Yum. That seems to be the business model they go with,
>though - you can also get the meat-like substance molded into a nugget
>shape and fried, an egg-like substance cooked in a mold and on a bun or
>several other molded items of your choice.

I see neither a meat-like substance nor an egg-like substance.

Egg McMuffin®:
English Muffin, Egg, Pasteurized Process American Cheese, Canadian
Style Bacon, Liquid Margarine.

Chicken McNuggets® Made with White Meat:
Boneless chicken breast, water, modified cornstarch, salt, chicken
flavor (yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (animal
source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid, rosemary), sodium
phosphates, seasoning (natural extractives of rosemary, canola and/or
soybean oil, mono-and diglycerides, and soy lecithin). Battered and
Breaded with: Water, enriched bleached wheat flour (flour, niacin,
reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow
corn flour, bleached wheat flour, modified corn starch, salt,
leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum
phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat
starch, whey, corn starch. Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in
partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, (may contain partially
hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or
partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or
sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat, milk and soybean
ingredients.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_control...s.in dex.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in
:

> On 10 Nov 2006 16:49:35 GMT, Jeff Edwards
> > wrote:
>
>>Gotta agree there - a meat-like substance molded into a boneless
>>rib-shaped thing. Yum. That seems to be the business model they go
>>with, though - you can also get the meat-like substance molded into a
>>nugget shape and fried, an egg-like substance cooked in a mold and on
>>a bun or several other molded items of your choice.

> I see neither a meat-like substance nor an egg-like substance.

I stand correctly. I should have said "meat and eggs reprocessed and
mashed together so as to be unrecognizable as the original substance." At
least, that's my impression of both products.

-Jeff
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Just remember the hot dog. What doesn't go into them goes into the McRib
where it can be completely disguised with one of those special sauces
McArches is famous for. Back away from the Arches, have a little
self-respect. Think about it - what doesn't go into a hot dog? ;-) -- Buddy

Nonnymus wrote:
> I agree. They're really not bad at all.
> Nonny
>
> arfbarker wrote:
>>
>> I know it's terrible, but i kinda like em...please help me
>>

>> arfbarker
>> irc.irctoo.net #we'd

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> Chicken McNuggets® Made with White Meat:

They were much tastier when they included dark meat.

--
Roland HutchinsonÂ*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*WillÂ*playÂ* violaÂ*daÂ*gambaÂ*forÂ*food.

NB mail to my.spamtrap [at] verizon.net is heavily filtered to
remove spam.Â*Â*IfÂ*yourÂ*messageÂ*looksÂ*likeÂ*spamÂ*IÂ* mayÂ*notÂ*seeÂ*it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Buddy wrote:
> Just remember the hot dog. What doesn't go into them goes into the McRib
> where it can be completely disguised with one of those special sauces
> McArches is famous for. Back away from the Arches, have a little
> self-respect. Think about it - what doesn't go into a hot dog? ;-) --
> Buddy

Ya' know, it's always good to poke a little fun at hot dogs, bologna and
processed foods like the McNuggets and McRib. I do, just like everybody
else.

In my old job, one of our owners was a fellow who grew up in a family
that owned a meat processing company. His Dad had started it, and his
brother ran it until it was purchased by a holding company. . . and then
the brother ran the holding company for a while. Over meals and drinks,
I got to know our owner and his family pretty darned well. We'd even
share jokes about the processed meat. I also knew several of the folks
who ran the local plant of the manufacturer, including one fellow in
quality control.

Truth be known, the food that came out of the plant was honest, clean,
and as well done as everyone could make it. The owner and his family
had grown up on, "Dad's meats," and the kids and grandkids did as well.
The inspector I knew would ONLY buy his company's product, since he
knew what went into it and the standards his company had. I'm not
saying that all processed foods share these standards, but the one
experience I had convinced me of at least one company's standards.

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
the unstable elements tend to hang out on
the far left, with some to the right as well.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology,alt.religion.dake-bonoism,alt.atheism

"Conspiracy of Doves" > wrote in message
ups.com...

Alan Truism wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 01:44:54 +0000, TFM® wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...

> >> McD has a lot of good stuff.
> >>

> > The ****in' best!
> >
> > I like to order a dozen quarter pounders and toss the "meat" and just

eat
> > the buns with a shitload of musquirt.

> The McRib is extinct.
>
> Nuclear winter is the first culprit.

Whose boneheadded idea was it to put the cheese on the COLD side of the
McDLT?

Kevin S. Wilson's

--
TFM®
Zephyrhills (We don't give a ****) Florida

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean wrote:
> You're crazy. The only time I ever tried one, I threw it out the wiondow
> after two bites (the second bite was because I couldn't believe it was
> really that bad). Two days later, the ASPCA arrested me for cruelty to
> animals because a dog tried to eat it.

Well, I actually never tried it because I couldn't get it without mayo
(or whatever the hell that sauce was). I worked at McDonalds for three
months after graduating high school. I haven't eaten there since.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> http://www.mcrib.com/
>
> -sw

I'd give her the bone!

Spud

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On 13 Nov 2006 16:49:22 GMT, Jeff Edwards wrote:
>
> > Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in
> > :
> >
> >> On 10 Nov 2006 16:49:35 GMT, Jeff Edwards

> >> I see neither a meat-like substance nor an egg-like substance.

> > I stand correctly. I should have said "meat and eggs reprocessed and
> > mashed together so as to be unrecognizable as the original substance."

At
> > least, that's my impression of both products.

> You'll have to excuse Kevin. He can't go a day without being anal
> about someone's creative writing. He is, after all, a Technical
> Writer at the University of Somewhere in Idaho. And he's your
> friend, too.

Incorrect! He's nobody's friend, he can't afford friends.

I get lambasted by my wife when I speak poorly of Kevvie dear, so let me put
it nicely....He's a Goddamn Mother ****ing Son of a Bitch.

--
TFM®
Zephyrhills (Kevin S. Wilson is swinging from a tree somewhere) Florida

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"TFM®" > wrote:
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > On 13 Nov 2006 16:49:22 GMT, Jeff Edwards wrote:
> > > Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in

> > > I stand correctly. I should have said "meat and eggs reprocessed and
> > > mashed together so as to be unrecognizable as the original
> > > substance."

> At
> > > least, that's my impression of both products.

> > You'll have to excuse Kevin. He can't go a day without being anal
> > about someone's creative writing. He is, after all, a Technical
> > Writer at the University of Somewhere in Idaho. And he's your
> > friend, too.

> Incorrect! He's nobody's friend, he can't afford friends.
>
> I get lambasted by my wife when I speak poorly of Kevvie dear, so let me
> put it nicely....He's a Goddamn Mother ****ing Son of a Bitch.

TFM®
Zephyrhills (Kevin S. Wilson is swinging from a tree somewhere) Florida

Southern trees bear strange fruit,
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south,
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,
Here is a strange and bitter crop.

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"arfbarker" > wrote in message

> I know it's terrible, but i kinda like em...please help me

This site should help:

http://www.fastfoodfacts.info/mcrib/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"TFM®" > wrote in message
. ..

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>
>> Nonnymus wrote:
>> > I agree. They're really not bad at all.

>> McD has a lot of good stuff.
>>

> The ****in' best!
>
> I like to order a dozen quarter pounders and toss the "meat" and just eat
> the buns with a shitload of musquirt.

And you x-posted this shit for what reason?

--
It's Fosco, Dammit!

http://fosco-eats.blogspot.com/
Updated almost Daily

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"TFM®" > wrote And you x-posted this shit for
what reason?

> Bitch pleasee! I wuz drunk....
>
> Still am...
>
> You want cross posting, you got cross posting.

Runnin' a little behind ain't ya? Shouldn't you be in a lawn chair out by
the mailbox, anyway.

--
It's Fosco, Dammit!

http://fosco-eats.blogspot.com/
To be updated soon.

McRib economics Mark Thorson General Cooking 3 10-11-2011 12:30 AM
McRib - It Gets Worse John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 1 09-11-2011 08:03 PM
McRib - It Gets Worse dsi1[_12_] General Cooking 0 09-11-2011 11:29 AM
McRib Quest sf[_9_] General Cooking 96 28-10-2011 07:22 PM
The McRib, rated. ImStillMags General Cooking 2 27-10-2011 05:31 PM