Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default First pulled pork, first bbq

Thank you for what I have learned here.

It took way to long and finished in a 350 degree oven but my first
pulled pork is fantastic.

I guess 225 is an okay start temp but not a good finishing temp.
Eight hours on the smoke then two hours to get to 195. Still learning
to tend fire.

The meat is fantastic. I am going to do this again.

Gene

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

cowboy wrote:
> Thank you for what I have learned here.
>
> It took way to long and finished in a 350 degree oven but my first
> pulled pork is fantastic.
>
> I guess 225 is an okay start temp but not a good finishing temp.
> Eight hours on the smoke then two hours to get to 195. Still learning
> to tend fire.
>
> The meat is fantastic. I am going to do this again.

At 225 I'd expect to cook for 12 to 16 hours. You can increase the temp
to 275 and still get excellent results in a lot less time. Butts aren't
finicky.

Cam

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Cam wrote:
> cowboy wrote:
>> Thank you for what I have learned here.
>>
>> It took way to long and finished in a 350 degree oven but my first
>> pulled pork is fantastic.
>>
>> I guess 225 is an okay start temp but not a good finishing temp.
>> Eight hours on the smoke then two hours to get to 195. Still learning
>> to tend fire.
>>
>> The meat is fantastic. I am going to do this again.
>>

> At 225 I'd expect to cook for 12 to 16 hours. You can increase the temp
> to 275 and still get excellent results in a lot less time. Butts aren't
> finicky.
>
> Cam

Or depending on the size, shorter or longer. But I agree,
I'd raise the temp.

Congratulations on being happy with it though.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Still learning to tend fire.

That was the hard part for me too. Some smokers are easy, others you
have to spend a lot of time on them. Whatever, the food is good.
Congrats, and enjoy!

-John O

pulled pork gregz Barbecue 3 02-04-2013 04:10 PM
Pulled Pork -- what to do with already cooked pork with no spices added Dee.Dee General Cooking 25 18-11-2007 06:21 AM
Pork loin for pulled pork? Jnospam[_1_] General Cooking 7 06-03-2007 04:42 PM
Pulled Pork (yet again) Steve Nunn Barbecue 1 17-10-2003 08:30 PM