Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default PING: Big Jim: Lookin' for stuffed jalapeno recipe

Jim you out there?

You made some great stuffed, smoked Jalapenos when I was down your
way. As I recall they were stuffed with some kinda cheese and wrapped
in bacon....

That about right?

If so, what kinda cheese didja use?

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Big Jim: Lookin' for stuffed jalapeno recipe

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Jim you out there?
>
> You made some great stuffed, smoked Jalapenos when I was down your
> way. As I recall they were stuffed with some kinda cheese and wrapped
> in bacon....
>
> That about right?
>
> If so, what kinda cheese didja use?

I ain't Jim, but I usually use whatever is handy. sometimes I mix cream
cheese with some cooked up chorizo. Sometimes if I'm lazy I'll mix some of
the prepackaged shredded mexican Blend cheese with some salsa and stuff the
chiles with that. Or you could just use cheddar, or jack, or maybe some
smoked gouda. Be inventive. Mix some shrimp meat in with your cheese, or
some onion.

Just have fun, its gonna be good.

Lookin' forward to Jim's recipe, myself.

--
The Honorable Reverend Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" Boner

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"The Reverend" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Chef Juke" > wrote in message
>> Jim you out there?
>>
>> You made some great stuffed, smoked Jalapenos when I was down your
>> way. As I recall they were stuffed with some kinda cheese and wrapped
>> in bacon....
>>
>> That about right?
>>
>> If so, what kinda cheese didja use?
>>

> I ain't Jim, but I usually use whatever is handy. sometimes I mix cream
> cheese with some cooked up chorizo. Sometimes if I'm lazy I'll mix some of
> the prepackaged shredded mexican Blend cheese with some salsa and stuff
> the chiles with that. Or you could just use cheddar, or jack, or maybe
> some smoked gouda. Be inventive. Mix some shrimp meat in with your cheese,
> or some onion.
>
> Just have fun, its gonna be good.
>
> Lookin' forward to Jim's recipe, myself.
>
> --
> The Honorable Reverend Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" Boner
> If Whisky Don't Kill Me,
> Then I Don't Know What Will

That was TFM's recipe.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chef Juke > wrote:
> Jim you out there?
>
> You made some great stuffed, smoked Jalapenos when I was down your
> way. As I recall they were stuffed with some kinda cheese and wrapped
> in bacon....
>
> That about right?
>
> If so, what kinda cheese didja use?

I ain't big and I ain't Jim, so I ain't the one and only BigJim, but I
found these in my archives, if they're any help:

Bigwheel's Cowtown Wolf Turds

appetizers

jalapeno peppers
thin sliced pork loin(we use fresh; ground hot link sausage)
bacon strips
soy sauce
lemon pepper
toothpicks

Marinate pork loin in soy sauce.
Cut peppers but leave attached.
Remove seeds and veins if necessary.
Stuff peppers with pork loin.
Wrap with bacon strips.
Use toothpicks to hold together.
Dust with lemon pepper.
Grill, smoke, or bake till done.

Use Habenero peppers and call them Dragon Turds.
Removal of seeds and vein to taste.
Smoky bacon is good
Can use ground pork in place of loin.
Seasonings can be adjusted.
These are very good.
Don't eat any hotter than your normal heat tolerance.

Basic Jalapeno Pepper Preparation

(Say that 5 times real fast!)

When selecting your jalapenos at the store go for
the big ones. It makes fixing them easier, and
there's more to eat later! Here's where you put on
the rubber gloves if your have real sensitive skin.
Cut the tops off the jalapenos and set them in the
Chile Grill. Do all of them. Then using an apple
corer/parer carefully remove the seeds. If you
don't want any surprises later make sure you get
them all.

Stuff Em!

Now comes the fun part, actually this part starts
at the store, stuff something in `em! As you're
wandering down the aisle in the store, let your
imagination go wild with ideas of what to put in
your little creations. Every thing from the plain;
cheese, refried beans, cream cheese, sausage, to
the more differenter; shrimp, crab, smoked oysters,
pickled baby corns, somebody might even like peanut
butter! Anyway, put a little salt in the peppers,
stuff them with something and put a toothpick
through them and set them back in the Chile Grill.
The toothpick is important because even the biggest
jalapeno will fall through when it gets done
enough. Some people top them off with a quarter
slice of bacon and the toothpick keeps it on. One
thing about using the bacon is when its done, the
peppers are done.

Cooking

Put the Chile Grill in your bbq pit or oven at
about 350 degrees, if you cook them at a higher
temp it will boil out the stuffing's with high
water content. Takes about an hour if you want the
peppers to lose all their heat. 30 to 45 min. if
you want some kick. If you put the Chile Grill on
your bbq pit be sure you have indirect heat or the
bottoms will burn before the tops are done.

Enjoy!

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thanks all for the recipes I'm gonna try real soon....

As I didn't have much time to check the computer today, I just went
with jalapenos, cut off the tops, removed the seeds, stuck a stick of
Monterey Jack down the pepper and wrapped with bacon.

Worked out pretty well as my wife's students are now down in the
backyard raving about them (oh, and they say my pulled pork is good
too...).

:-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chef Juke > wrote:
> Thanks all for the recipes I'm gonna try real soon....
>
> As I didn't have much time to check the computer today, I just went
> with jalapenos, cut off the tops, removed the seeds, stuck a stick of
> Monterey Jack down the pepper and wrapped with bacon.
>
> Worked out pretty well as my wife's students are now down in the
> backyard raving about them (oh, and they say my pulled pork is good
> too...).

Groovin' on a Saturday evening!

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
> Chef Juke > wrote:
>> Thanks all for the recipes I'm gonna try real soon....
>>
>> As I didn't have much time to check the computer today, I just went
>> with jalapenos, cut off the tops, removed the seeds, stuck a stick of
>> Monterey Jack down the pepper and wrapped with bacon.
>>
>> Worked out pretty well as my wife's students are now down in the
>> backyard raving about them (oh, and they say my pulled pork is good
>> too...).

> Groovin' on a Saturday evening!
>
> --

I thought groovin' was done on Sunday afternoon? I swear! Saturday? Nick, it
just isn't done!

BTW, you get my email?

--
The Honorable Reverend Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" Boner
If Whisky Don't Kill Me,
Then I Don't Know What Will

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"The Reverend" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > [ . . . . ]
> > Groovin' on a Saturday evening!
> >

> I thought groovin' was done on Sunday afternoon? I swear! Saturday? Nick,
> it just isn't done!

I've been retired for over 8 years. Time means nothing to me!

> BTW, you get my email?

If you speak of yours of 9/29@9:28 PM, yes.

FYI Tonto, in Spanish, means Stupid. Kimosabe is Indian for the Spanish
"(El) que no sabe", in other words, 'He who knows nothing'. What a team.
Stupid and Know Nothing. "Hi ho, Silver! Gettum up, Scout!"

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chef Juke wrote:
> Thanks all for the recipes I'm gonna try real soon....
>
> As I didn't have much time to check the computer today, I just went
> with jalapenos, cut off the tops, removed the seeds, stuck a stick of
> Monterey Jack down the pepper and wrapped with bacon.
>
> Worked out pretty well as my wife's students are now down in the
> backyard raving about them (oh, and they say my pulled pork is good
> too...).
>
> :-)
>
> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
> www.chefjuke.com

For your next trip, have a look in here.

http://www.irondesert.com/catalog/Ch...ipes-sp-1.html

(Gave one of their chile grills to a budd, and they love it. The
recipes are from the manufacturers site. Nice photo of the finished
product.)

Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Big Jim" > wrote in message
snip
> That was TFM's recipe.
> --
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

And? Did I misssumthin? What is TFM's recipe? : )

Piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chef Juke wrote:
> Jim you out there?
>
> You made some great stuffed, smoked Jalapenos when I was down your
> way. As I recall they were stuffed with some kinda cheese and wrapped
> in bacon....
>
> That about right?
>
> If so, what kinda cheese didja use?

Here's my recipe. Use it if ya like.

24 lg. fresh Jalapeno peppers, cut off the top and core out the seeds
24 sm. raw shrimp, peeled
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp. jalapeno salt
12 slices thick bacon, cut each in half
toothpicks

Mix cream cheese with jalapeno salt. Using a icing bag or ziploc bag squeeze
cream cheese into jalapeno about half way. Insert shrimp, cover jalapeno
across the top with 1/2 slice bacon. Insert toothpicks. Place in chili
pepper grill. (Has holes in the top where peppers will stand up.) Cook on
pit away from fire for 45 minutes.

--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry