Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Weber Performer not igniting

Hi Kent:

While it could be the regulator, are you sure that there's gas in the
tank? And, how about the holes in the "H" burner? Are they clogged
from drippings?

Best of luck,
A.C. in Houston.

Kent wrote:
> Has anyone had this problem? The Performer suddenly quit lighting, with the
> ignitor or by match. Has anyone had to replace a regulator?
> Does the Performer use the universal regulator all other grills do?
> Is there any other problem that can cause this? I have replaced the ignitor,
> and it worked for a time before suddenly stopping.
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Has anyone had this problem? The Performer suddenly quit lighting<<<<

On one occasion I had the plastic coupling (the one that connects the fuel
line to the tank) develope a burr and it felt like it was fully connected
before it actually was. When I applied a little more than normal force to
the coupling it went ahead and seated and I never had a problem with it
again. RM~

PS, I'm not saying take a pipe wrench to it, just a good very firm twist
by hand.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Has anyone had this problem? The Performer suddenly quit lighting, with the
ignitor or by match. Has anyone had to replace a regulator?
Does the Performer use the universal regulator all other grills do?
Is there any other problem that can cause this? I have replaced the ignitor,
and it worked for a time before suddenly stopping.
Thanks for any help,

Kent

Weber Performer Gas grill.. thoughts/tips? markm75 General Cooking 20 08-06-2007 05:27 AM
More Weber: The New Performer vs. the Old Performer Kent Barbecue 7 08-05-2007 12:50 AM
Newbie questions - Weber Performer [email protected] Barbecue 3 24-04-2007 07:25 PM
weber Performer Doug Barbecue 1 17-11-2005 06:13 AM
Weber Performer and Rotisserie Dan Barbecue 6 10-06-2004 03:44 AM