Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Cleaning porcelainized steel grates

Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if anything
the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the market
specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps than
the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find any
of the new grill pam on store shelves.
I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~

PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
Bummer!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Rob Mills" > wrote in message
> Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
> grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if
> anything
> the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
> I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the
> market
> specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps
> than
> the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find any
> of the new grill pam on store shelves.
> I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~
>
> PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
> Bummer!

Soak them overnight in an ammonia solution. Do it outside and put them in a
plastic trash bag. Mine come out like brand new. Most times, I just brush
them anyway. No reason to get too anal about cleaning them. Nothing will
live at grilling temperatures.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message news:J3pNg.560

>>> Soak them overnight in an ammonia solution. <<<

Thanks Edwin, I'll give that a try.
I wire brushed the old charbroil grates and when they got too grungy I just
bought new ones as they were quite cheap compared to Webers. RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 12-Sep-2006, Denny Wheeler > wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:44:18 -0500, "Rob Mills" >
> wrote:
>
> >Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
> >grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if
> >anything
> >the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
> >I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the
> >market
> >specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps
> >than
> >the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find
> >any
> >of the new grill pam on store shelves.
> >I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~

> Hm. My ladyfriend has some "Pam for Grilling"; I'm sure she got it
> last year. I've been using a generic cooking spray and had no issues,
> but I'm not doing grill temps, just smoker temps.
>
> >PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
> >Bummer!

> I'd want to inquire of them WTF not.
>
> -denny-

Grilling gets to 700+° as does a selfcleaning oven. WTF is the difference.
I've cleaned my grill grates in my oven, but it smoked the house up pretty
bad. I endorse Ed P's philosophy. Brush off the big chunks and forget the
rest.

--
Brick(Smoke is great. . . !Outdoors!)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:44:18 -0500, "Rob Mills" >

>> PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
>> Bummer!

> I'd want to inquire of them WTF not.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason is that Weber had 4 people complain
about their grates after running them through a self-cleaning cycle. So
Weber sent out new grates and started telling people "don't do that" - even
if 99.9% of the people that do clean the grates in the oven never have a
problem.

Dana

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Rob Mills wrote:
> Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
> grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if anything
> the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
> I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the market
> specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps than
> the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find any
> of the new grill pam on store shelves.
> I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~
>
> PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
> Bummer!

To clean, coat the grates in a paste of baking soda and water and let
sit overnight. Scrub. Sometimes a repeated application is needed, but it
works just fine and is safe.

I put a high-temp oil, such as safflower, into a regular spray bottle
and use that for oiling grates on the grill and in the smoker.

--
Saara
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dana H. Myers" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> I wouldn't be surprised if the reason is that Weber had 4 people

complain about their grates after running them through a self-cleaning
cycle.<<<

You probably just hit the nail on the head. The porcelain on the grate looks
just like the interior of a gas or elect range. RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"sedge laptop" > wrote in message

>> I put a high-temp oil, such as safflower, into a regular spray bottle

and use that for oiling grates on the grill and in the smoker.<<

That's interesting, If I don't locate the Pam for grilling I'll probably
give that a whirl. We have one of those Cuisinart elect grill/press gizmos
that we use for steaks indoors and we just spray it with the regular Pam and
it cleans right off just by holding it under the faucet. It sure would be
nice if I could clean the Weber that way. RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Rob Mills" > wrote in message

> "sedge laptop" > wrote in message
>

>>> I put a high-temp oil, such as safflower, into a regular spray bottle

> and use that for oiling grates on the grill and in the smoker.<<
>
> That's interesting, If I don't locate the Pam for grilling I'll probably
> give that a whirl. We have one of those Cuisinart elect grill/press gizmos
> that we use for steaks indoors and we just spray it with the regular Pam
> and
> it cleans right off just by holding it under the faucet. It sure would be
> nice if I could clean the Weber that way. RM~

There's always the oven cleaner route. Spray the grates with oven cleaner
(Easy Off, etc) and leave over night. I have a friend who swears by soaking
his grates over night in a shallow pan with enough Simple Green to cover the
grates. The challenge is to find a large enough pan.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Rob Mills wrote:
> Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
> grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if anything
> the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
> I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the market
> specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps than
> the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find any
> of the new grill pam on store shelves.
> I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~
>
> PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
> Bummer!

I spray them with Mr. Muscle (an oven cleaner) let them sit for 30 min.
and wash them off with hot soap and water. It is the best oven cleaner
I have ever used. Cleans baked on stuff, Pyrex dishes, burner rings
etc. I have a self cleaning oven and never use a cleaner in it. Mr.
Muscle is hard to find but I get it at Smart & Final.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Rob Mills wrote:
> Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
> grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if anything
> the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
> I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the market
> specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps than
> the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find any
> of the new grill pam on store shelves.
> I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~
>
> PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
> Bummer!

Any oven cleaner (Easy-Off) does the job.

JaKe
Seattle

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 13 Sep 2006 13:53:53 -0700, "JaKe" > wrote:

>Any oven cleaner (Easy-Off) does the job.

Easy-Off is also a very effective paint stripper. It stripped the
paint off my gas grill right down to bare metal.

--
If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace, but we
would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

JaKe wrote:

> Rob Mills wrote:
>
>>Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
>>grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if anything
>>the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
>>I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the market
>>specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps than
>>the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find any
>>of the new grill pam on store shelves.
>>I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~
>>
>>PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
>>Bummer!

> Any oven cleaner (Easy-Off) does the job.

Jeez. This is going pretty far.

Has anyone found that porcelainized grates require any extra
cleaning and maintenance? I have yet to buy them and I'd like
to know.

With the cast irons, I'd never be caught dead doing anything like
this. High heat and a good brush is more than enough to do the job.
It's outdoor cooking for gosh sakes.

--
Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Reg typed:
> Jeez. This is going pretty far.
>
> Has anyone found that porcelainized grates require any extra
> cleaning and maintenance? I have yet to buy them and I'd like
> to know.
>
> With the cast irons, I'd never be caught dead doing anything like
> this. High heat and a good brush is more than enough to do the job.
> It's outdoor cooking for gosh sakes.
>
> --
> Reg

I have stainless steel grates and black steel grates. Your way is the
way I treat all of them. If the black steel grates get too clean,
they rust like a too-clean cast iron skillet. Sounds like
porcellainized are too much trouble, especially if you consider the
cost.
Sheesh!

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Reg wrote:

> Has anyone found that porcelainized grates require any extra
> cleaning and maintenance? I have yet to buy them and I'd like
> to know.
>
> With the cast irons, I'd never be caught dead doing anything like
> this. High heat and a good brush is more than enough to do the job.
> It's outdoor cooking for gosh sakes.

Nope. I fire it up and get it good and hot, brass brush 'em
and cook. Eight years and still just fine. They don't
sparkle but as someone else said, nothing's going to live in
that environment.

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On 13 Sep 2006 13:53:53 -0700, "JaKe" > wrote:
>
> >Any oven cleaner (Easy-Off) does the job.

> Easy-Off is also a very effective paint stripper. It stripped the
> paint off my gas grill right down to bare metal.
>
> --
> If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace, but we
> would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.
> --David Boreanaz as Angel in "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"

Yeah, I just use it on the grates.

JaKe

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 13-Sep-2006, Reg > wrote:

> JaKe wrote:
>
> > Rob Mills wrote:
> >
> >>Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
> >>grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if
> >>anything
> >>the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
> >>I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the
> >>market
> >>specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps
> >>than
> >>the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find
> >>any
> >>of the new grill pam on store shelves.
> >>I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~
> >>
> >>PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
> >>Bummer!

> > Any oven cleaner (Easy-Off) does the job.

> Jeez. This is going pretty far.
>
> Has anyone found that porcelainized grates require any extra
> cleaning and maintenance? I have yet to buy them and I'd like
> to know.
>
> With the cast irons, I'd never be caught dead doing anything like
> this. High heat and a good brush is more than enough to do the job.
> It's outdoor cooking for gosh sakes.
>
> --
> Reg

I'm with you Reg. Messing around with nasty grates is a waste of time.
Heat 'em up. Brush them down and start cooking.
--
Brick
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Reg" > wrote in message

> Has anyone found that porcelainized grates require any extra
> cleaning and maintenance? I have yet to buy them and I'd like
> to know.
>
> With the cast irons, I'd never be caught dead doing anything like
> this. High heat and a good brush is more than enough to do the job.
> It's outdoor cooking for gosh sakes.

I have porcelanized cast iron in my Vermont Castings grill. While I can
make them look like showroom new, I don't. Heat and brush them.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:57:54 GMT, sedge laptop >
wrote:

>Rob Mills wrote:
>> Guess I should have worded the subject line as Keeping porcelain steel
>> grates clean. I have a new silver b and would like to know what if anything
>> the rest of the group uses to make cleaning easier.
>> I read quite some time ago that Pam was putting a new product on the market
>> specifically for out door grills and could be used at much higher temps than
>> the regular Pam. I have looked for several months but have yet to find any
>> of the new grill pam on store shelves.
>> I'm all ears, what do you use? RM~
>>
>> PS, The Weber manual says "do not put grates in self cleaning ovens".
>> Bummer!

>To clean, coat the grates in a paste of baking soda and water and let
>sit overnight. Scrub. Sometimes a repeated application is needed, but it
>works just fine and is safe.
>
>I put a high-temp oil, such as safflower, into a regular spray bottle
>and use that for oiling grates on the grill and in the smoker.

Does it not clog up, Saara? I've had to add vodka into mine to make
it stop clogging.

Harry
posting from ice Station Calgary
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 00:40:10 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Reg" > wrote in message
>>
>> Has anyone found that porcelainized grates require any extra
>> cleaning and maintenance? I have yet to buy them and I'd like
>> to know.
>>
>> With the cast irons, I'd never be caught dead doing anything like
>> this. High heat and a good brush is more than enough to do the job.
>> It's outdoor cooking for gosh sakes.

>I have porcelanized cast iron in my Vermont Castings grill. While I can
>make them look like showroom new, I don't. Heat and brush them.

I've used them all, but my current [Kamado SS]are my favourites. I
brush them off after cooking while they are still hot[tish]. I also
wipe them down with oil just before starting the next cook. My 10
year-old [maybe 9 year old] K3 unit does just fine.

Harry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:57:54 GMT, sedge laptop >
> wrote:

>>I put a high-temp oil, such as safflower, into a regular spray bottle
>>and use that for oiling grates on the grill and in the smoker.

> Does it not clog up, Saara? I've had to add vodka into mine to make
> it stop clogging.

I use a spray bottle similar to this one

http://tinyurl.com/ohfb4

Instead of "pumping" with one's finger as one sprays, this style has an
aerosol-type nozzle, and one pressurizes the bottle by pumping the cap a
few times.

I use olive oil, and have never had a clog. (Can't recall which kitchen
supply specialty catalog I got mine from ["Cooks something or 'nother"],
but it's clear, a bit smaller and was a few bucks cheaper than the one
above at W-S).

Altho', the aerosol cans one buys in the supermarket that use propane as
a propellent are kinda fun to use on the grill <g>.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Harry Demidavicius typed:
> I've had to add vodka into mine to make
> it stop clogging.

Are you *sure* that's why you add vodka? I'm thinking that you just
like vodka.
;-)

> Harry
> posting from ice Station Calgary

Already? It was in the lower 90's here today.

BOB
Thinking about smoking a brisket for *MYSELF* this weekend. No
turn-ins, no judges, no sharing (unless I really feel like it).

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:26:50 -0400, wrote:

>Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:57:54 GMT, sedge laptop >
>> wrote:

>>>I put a high-temp oil, such as safflower, into a regular spray bottle
>>>and use that for oiling grates on the grill and in the smoker.

>> Does it not clog up, Saara? I've had to add vodka into mine to make
>> it stop clogging.

>I use a spray bottle similar to this one
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ohfb4
>
>Instead of "pumping" with one's finger as one sprays, this style has an
>aerosol-type nozzle, and one pressurizes the bottle by pumping the cap a
>few times.

Thks, Jess.

We have a Williams-Sonoma here and they have these animals in stock.
I'll pop by tomorrow.

Harry
posting [again] from Ice Station Calgary
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message ...

>>> I use a spray bottle similar to this one<<<

I tried a similar one (Misto brand) of those and it wouldn't spray a mist
with oil in it. All I could get was a stream like you would expect from a
fire hose. Will yours spray a mist of oil? If so I'm off to WS. RM~

PS, I even tried on of those spray cans that Harbor Freight has ($9.95) that
you air up with a air compressor and got the same stream that you could
fight
a fire with. It even had several nozzles.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:57:54 GMT, sedge laptop >
> wrote:
>
>>To clean, coat the grates in a paste of baking soda and water and let
>>sit overnight. Scrub. Sometimes a repeated application is needed, but it
>>works just fine and is safe.
>>
>>I put a high-temp oil, such as safflower, into a regular spray bottle
>>and use that for oiling grates on the grill and in the smoker.

> Does it not clog up, Saara? I've had to add vodka into mine to make
> it stop clogging.

I responded yesterday, but don't see my post. Might be a good thing
since I goofed and included a pic. :/

Anyway, I just use a standard trigger spray bottle. I gave up on those
fancy oil misters since they do always clog up and don't spray a mist.

If this is a repeat, just pat me on the head and ignore me.

--
Saara

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:16:13 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>Harry Demidavicius typed:
>> I've had to add vodka into mine to make
>> it stop clogging.

>Are you *sure* that's why you add vodka? I'm thinking that you just
>like vodka.
>;-)
>>
>> Harry
>> posting from ice Station Calgary

>Already? It was in the lower 90's here today.
>
>BOB
>Thinking about smoking a brisket for *MYSELF* this weekend. No
>turn-ins, no judges, no sharing (unless I really feel like it).

Yeah, Bob - it's time for our first [soft] frost. We have literally
received a month's worth of rain over the past few days and it's been
7c out there. Banff & Jasper are receiving snow as we speak. We are
expected to be back in the 20ies next week.

We have been looking to relocate to Nanaimo [Vancouver Island], USDA
Zone 7, because this is getting a little lame, eh.

Enchoi da brisket, boychik.

Harry
posting [again] from Ice Station Calgary.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:56:32 GMT, sedge laptop >
wrote:

>Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:57:54 GMT, sedge laptop >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>To clean, coat the grates in a paste of baking soda and water and let
>>>sit overnight. Scrub. Sometimes a repeated application is needed, but it
>>>works just fine and is safe.
>>>
>>>I put a high-temp oil, such as safflower, into a regular spray bottle
>>>and use that for oiling grates on the grill and in the smoker.

>> Does it not clog up, Saara? I've had to add vodka into mine to make
>> it stop clogging.

>I responded yesterday, but don't see my post. Might be a good thing
>since I goofed and included a pic. :/
>
>Anyway, I just use a standard trigger spray bottle. I gave up on those
>fancy oil misters since they do always clog up and don't spray a mist.
>
>If this is a repeat, just pat me on the head and ignore me.

It's not [a repeat], Saara - but here's a pat on the head anyhow. )

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:16:13 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>>
>>> Harry Demidavicius typed:
>>> Are you *sure* that's why you add vodka? I'm thinking that you just
>>> like vodka.
>>> ;-)
>>> Already? It was in the lower 90's here today.
>>>
>>> BOB
>>> Thinking about smoking a brisket for *MYSELF* this weekend. No
>>> turn-ins, no judges, no sharing (unless I really feel like it).
>>>

>> Yeah, Bob - it's time for our first [soft] frost. We have literally
>> received a month's worth of rain over the past few days and it's been
>> 7c out there. Banff & Jasper are receiving snow as we speak. We are
>> expected to be back in the 20ies next week.
>>
>> We have been looking to relocate to Nanaimo [Vancouver Island], USDA
>> Zone 7, because this is getting a little lame, eh.
>>
>> Enchoi da brisket, boychik.
>>
>> Harry
>> posting [again] from Ice Station Calgary.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:29:54 -0700, Nonnymus >
wrote:

>Beautiful place. Enjoy the Nanaimo bars.
>
>Nonnymus

Hit a couple of them last trip out there ;o)

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:56:32 GMT, sedge laptop >
> wrote:
>
>>If this is a repeat, just pat me on the head and ignore me.

> It's not [a repeat], Saara - but here's a pat on the head anyhow. )

Thanks. Save us a place in Nanaimo!

--
Saara
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Rob Mills wrote:

> I tried a similar one (Misto brand) of those and it wouldn't spray a mist
> with oil in it. All I could get was a stream like you would expect from a
> fire hose. Will yours spray a mist of oil? If so I'm off to WS. RM~

"Like a firehose"? Oh, baby, you're pumping it up TOO MUCH! <g>

I know what you mean- mine will do that occassionally and I've found
it's usually a matter of too much oil in the unit (thus, not enough air
space- mine says only to fill it half way) or not enough OR too much
pressure (yeah, kinda annoying).

I just sprayed mine to double check, and it definitely a spray. But
even when it's a stream, it's a strong stream and I just move it around
quickly. Maybe vicosity of the oil (I use olive oil) has something to
do with it, as well?

Again, I DON'T have the W-S and mine has absolutely NO writing/branding
on it, save for the "Half Full Only" sticker. I looked around for a
catalog, but it was bought on-line for Christmas a coupla years back.
Sort of like a baby brother to this one-
http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-b.../49fl0183.html
(or maybe that a real tiny person using it <g>) my bottle is only 4"
high, the cap adds another 2 1/2". The spray on my, admittedly, is
nowhere near the "mist" in that illustration.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default OT - Nanaimo (was Cleaning porcelainized steel grates)

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

> We have been looking to relocate to Nanaimo [Vancouver Island], USDA
> Zone 7, because this is getting a little lame, eh.

We had a positively lovely week's holiday on Yellowpoint, near
Nanaimo, last month. Come to think of it, the only thing missing
was some Q.

Dana
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> Rob Mills wrote:

>> I tried a similar one (Misto brand) of those and it wouldn't spray a mist
>> with oil in it. All I could get was a stream like you would expect from a
>> fire hose. Will yours spray a mist of oil? If so I'm off to WS. RM~

I've used the Mr. Misto and the no-name brand carried by different
health food stores. No joy. They'd spray for a while, then they'd
stream which was OK, but not what I wanted.

When my sprayer wore out, I borrowed one from a friend and it worked
GREAT! Hers was from Pampered Chef. It sprays nicely, and has kept on
doing so. She got hers at a garage sale. I had to buy one from a
pampered chef dealer. You can find 'em on-line at their web site.

Mike

--
....The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world...

Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692
networking guru AIM, yahoo and skype mavery81230
wordsmith

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 14-Sep-2006, "Rob Mills" > wrote:

> I tried a similar one (Misto brand) of those and it wouldn't spray a mist
> with oil in it. All I could get was a stream like you would expect from a
> fire hose. Will yours spray a mist of oil? If so I'm off to WS. RM~
>
> PS, I even tried on of those spray cans that Harbor Freight has ($9.95)
> that
> you air up with a air compressor and got the same stream that you could
> fight
> a fire with. It even had several nozzles.

Mine is also a MISTO and it sprays just fine with canola in it. I haven't
tried it with olive oil, but probably will.

--
Brick
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:25:26 GMT, sedge laptop >
wrote:

>Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:56:32 GMT, sedge laptop >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>If this is a repeat, just pat me on the head and ignore me.

>> It's not [a repeat], Saara - but here's a pat on the head anyhow. )

>Thanks. Save us a place in Nanaimo!

>Saara

Dock, Res, or spare bedroom?

HAD

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message

>>> I just sprayed mine to double check, and it definitely a spray. But

even when it's a stream, it's a strong stream and I just move it around
quickly. Maybe vicosity of the oil (I use olive oil) has something to
do with it, as well?<<<

I used olive oil, tried 1 pump and a buncha pumps. Half full and a quarter
full and still get a stream, same with the Harbor Freight sprayer.
Guess it probably is the viscosity of the oil. Wonder which is the lighter,
cheap oil or expensive oil?
Thanks for the input, RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Mike Avery" > wrote in message
news:mailman.31.1158343842.7449.alt.food.barbecue@ mail.otherwhen.com...

>>> When my sprayer wore out, I borrowed one from a friend and it worked

GREAT! Hers was from Pampered Chef. It sprays nicely, and has kept on
doing so. She got hers at a garage sale. I had to buy one from a
pampered chef dealer. You can find 'em on-line at their web site.<<<

That's interesting. I'm thinking my daughter inlaw has had some of those PC
parties in the past, maybe she will have another one. RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
:
>>> I actually picked up the W-S device today. And it Works!! like

Hot-Damn!!<<<

We have a WS not far from the house so if some different oils don't work in
the sprayers that I have I'll go get one. I would really like to see that
one I picked up from harbor freight work. Thanks, RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:25:26 GMT, sedge laptop >
> wrote:

>>Thanks. Save us a place in Nanaimo!

>>Saara

> Dock, Res, or spare bedroom?

Res with a dock. Spare bedroom optional.

--
Saara