Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Default Blueberry pie report

Okay, so we got started late. Jillian finished the pie in time to put it
out to cool just as she was getting ready for bed. Chilled in fridge all
Monday and Dad had it for dessert with dinner. He got mileage out of that
fact at work as he 'had to get home and try the pie HIS daughter made
yesterday'.

Pie was good. Thanks Wayne for the recipe. It was easy enough for her to
do as well. She was very grown, doing it all herself.....although she did
get a little burn off the oven door (touched a knuckle to it while putting
the pie in) because she refused ANY help. Only complaint was the edges of
the pie crust got very dark (I forgot to cover it with foil, it's been TOO
long since I made any pies!). Daddy loved it, baby girl was happy and life
was good.
Again, thanks, Wayne.
-ginny

OT: tomorrow I get my stitches out, I get my right hand back!!!Woohoo!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

> Pie was good. Thanks Wayne for the recipe. It was easy enough for her to
> do as well. She was very grown, doing it all herself.....although she did
> get a little burn off the oven door (touched a knuckle to it while putting
> the pie in) because she refused ANY help. Only complaint was the edges of
> the pie crust got very dark (I forgot to cover it with foil, it's been TOO
> long since I made any pies!). Daddy loved it, baby girl was happy and life
> was good.

If I could only eat one more slice of pie before I die, blueberry
(warm) (with a leeetle scoop of really good vanilla ice cream) would be
it. I'm thinkin' a blueberry pie will be just the thing for the 4th of
July. I'll serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a single
raspberry or strawberry on top to complete the red, white and blue
effect. Heeheeee!

Sandy

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 20 Jun 2006 05:08:24p, Virginia Tadrzynski meant to
say...

> Okay, so we got started late. Jillian finished the pie in time to put
> it out to cool just as she was getting ready for bed. Chilled in fridge
> all Monday and Dad had it for dessert with dinner. He got mileage out
> of that fact at work as he 'had to get home and try the pie HIS daughter
> made yesterday'.
>
> Pie was good. Thanks Wayne for the recipe. It was easy enough for her
> to do as well. She was very grown, doing it all herself.....although
> she did get a little burn off the oven door (touched a knuckle to it
> while putting the pie in) because she refused ANY help. Only complaint
> was the edges of the pie crust got very dark (I forgot to cover it with
> foil, it's been TOO long since I made any pies!). Daddy loved it, baby
> girl was happy and life was good.
> Again, thanks, Wayne.
> -ginny

You're very welcome, Ginny! I'm really glad that daughter was happy baking
it dad were happy and proud eating it.

> OT: tomorrow I get my stitches out, I get my right hand back!!!Woohoo!

Congratulations! I can imagine how happy you'll be.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> If I could only eat one more slice of pie before I die, blueberry
> (warm) (with a leeetle scoop of really good vanilla ice cream) would
> be
> it.

Sorry, the pie is for AFTER the funeral.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Mordechai Housman wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > If I could only eat one more slice of pie before I die, blueberry
> > (warm) (with a leeetle scoop of really good vanilla ice cream) would
> > be
> > it.

> Sorry, the pie is for AFTER the funeral.

OH yes, my family is twisted enough to make sure that they served all
of my favorite foods at my funeral reception!

Sandy

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

I didn't read your original request till after fathers day was over.

How wonderful that your daughter made the Blueberry pie for her Dad!
Blueberry pie has been a favorite of my husband for years, Here, Santa even
gets blueberry pie and milk instead of the usual cookies on Christmas eve.
(we always told the kids that it helps keep his beard white)

My almost 40 year old made blueberry pie for her Dad too... and she was
thoughtful enough to alter the recipe and use "Splenda" instead of sugar...

Maybe your daughter has begun a tradition of many years of "Blueberry Pie"

Rina

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
> Okay, so we got started late. Jillian finished the pie in time to put it
> out to cool just as she was getting ready for bed. Chilled in fridge all
> Monday and Dad had it for dessert with dinner. He got mileage out of that
> fact at work as he 'had to get home and try the pie HIS daughter made
> yesterday'.
>
> Pie was good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Mordechai Housman wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> > If I could only eat one more slice of pie before I die, blueberry
>> > (warm) (with a leeetle scoop of really good vanilla ice cream)
>> > would
>> > be
>> > it.

>> Sorry, the pie is for AFTER the funeral.

> OH yes, my family is twisted enough to make sure that they served all
> of my favorite foods at my funeral reception!

They sound Jewish!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

"Rina" > wrote in message
. ..
> I didn't read your original request till after fathers day was over.
>
> How wonderful that your daughter made the Blueberry pie for her Dad!
> Blueberry pie has been a favorite of my husband for years, Here, Santa

even
> gets blueberry pie and milk instead of the usual cookies on Christmas eve.
> (we always told the kids that it helps keep his beard white)
>
> My almost 40 year old made blueberry pie for her Dad too... and she was
> thoughtful enough to alter the recipe and use "Splenda" instead of

sugar...

> Maybe your daughter has begun a tradition of many years of "Blueberry Pie"
>
> Rina

Thanks, Rina. Santa at my house gets beer and beef jerky. The oldest was
told when he was little that Santa was overwhelmed with milk and cookies
........sorta a tradition now. <vbg>
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Oh pshaw, on Wed 21 Jun 2006 05:20:38a, Mordechai Housman meant to say...

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> If I could only eat one more slice of pie before I die, blueberry
>> (warm) (with a leeetle scoop of really good vanilla ice cream) would
>> be it.

> Sorry, the pie is for AFTER the funeral.

LOL!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

rea.net...

http://www.electricscotland.com/humour/h74.htm

> My Mom made all her own arrangements! Told me what to serve - "Little
> sandwiches, and some punch - not too sweet!" Even handed me her typed
> obit, and specified which papers to run it in...

That's the joke I was referring to. Back in the fifties, that was a
Jewish joke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, guy klose wrote:

> writes:
> >OH yes, my family is twisted enough to make sure that they served all
> >of my favorite foods at my funeral reception!

> My wife is twisted: she tells her friends that I'll be bringing a
> date to her funeral.

A Middle aged couple had just finished meeting with their lawyer to
finalize estate, family trust, and personal wills. On the way home, as
they were driving quietly in their car, both were reflecting on their
lives and the future. The wife turns to her husband and says " Dear, if I
die before you, will you get remarried?"

The husband, after some reflection, and with both hands on the steering
wheel, responds while looking straight ahead, "Yes, I probably will
because I cannot see living the rest of my life alone." The wife then
responds in a huffy voice, "Well if you get remarried, will you still live
in the same house?"

The husband, after careful thought responded, "Yes I think so. I really
like that house and we have done a lot of remodelling to make it just the
way we wanted it." The wife, more visibly upset responds, "Well, if you
get remarried and live in our house, will you keep the same bedroom set?"
The husband, again after careful thought responded, "Yes, I really like
that bed. You know how solid it is, and how much we have enjoyed sleeping
in it together."

The wife, really upset now, says, "Well if you get remarried, and live in
our house, and sleep in our bed, will she use my golf clubs?" The husband,
without much thought responds, "Probably not............. She's left
handed."
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Oh pshaw, on Fri 23 Jun 2006 04:05:00p, meant to say...

> Wayne, could you repost your Blueberry Pie recipe?
>
> I managed to miss it!

I'd be happy to, Alan...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Blueberry Pie

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : Desserts Fruits
Pies

5 cups blueberries
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons butter
2 each pie crusts (9 inch)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Place blueberries in large mixing bowl. Combine dry ingredients and mix
gently into blueberries.

Turn half of blueberry mixture into prepare pie crust. Dot with butter
and and remaining blueberry mixture, mounding in center.

Bake in preheated oven 45-55 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and
berry juice bubbles.

Cool completely to room temperature before serving.

Note: You can use refrigerated pie crusts if homemade isn't a
possibility.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

"Rina" > wrote in message
. ..
>I didn't read your original request till after fathers day was over.
>
> How wonderful that your daughter made the Blueberry pie for her Dad!
> Blueberry pie has been a favorite of my husband for years, Here, Santa
> even gets blueberry pie and milk instead of the usual cookies on Christmas
> eve. (we always told the kids that it helps keep his beard white)
>
> My almost 40 year old made blueberry pie for her Dad too... and she was
> thoughtful enough to alter the recipe and use "Splenda" instead of
> sugar...
>
> Maybe your daughter has begun a tradition of many years of "Blueberry Pie"
>
> Rina
>

> "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
>> Okay, so we got started late. Jillian finished the pie in time to put it
>> out to cool just as she was getting ready for bed. Chilled in fridge all
>> Monday and Dad had it for dessert with dinner. He got mileage out of
>> that
>> fact at work as he 'had to get home and try the pie HIS daughter made
>> yesterday'.
>>
>> Pie was good.

> ================

Yumm! That sounds delicious. It would make for a wonderful tradition too.

I make a Key Lime Pie with chocolate cookie crust for my FIL for Father's
Day each year. Last week we went north for a visit... I took a bag of Key
Limes and made 2 pies for him. YUMMM!! I was distracted buy a few of the
goings on and discovered a delicious accident... From now on I will be
squeezing one or two of the limes directly into the egg whites, prior to
whipping them for the meringue! Don't know why I never thought to try it
before. It gave the meringue a nice flavor lift.
--
Syssi

Blueberry pie Gary General Cooking 15 29-07-2013 10:02 PM
Blueberry pie report Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 16 07-07-2006 07:14 PM
blueberry pie Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 4 23-06-2006 02:08 AM
Blueberry Pie Virginia Tadrzynski Baking 1 19-06-2006 03:45 AM
Blueberry Jam is Blueberry soup!!! Brian Genisio Preserving 9 05-07-2004 04:23 PM