Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Whole grain newsgroup

Hey everyone. Just want to let anyone that might be interested know
that there is a discussion going on at news.groups concerning the
formation of a new newsgroup dedicated to whole-grain foods, actually I
started the discussion myself. I know that there are some very
knowledgeable bakers here in the subject of whole grain breads,
rye,whole wheat, spelt, etc, as in alt.bread.recipesand
rec.food.sourdough, but the exclusively whole-grain subject is usually
a fringe topic at best. I would certainly not be the one to find
reliable information on whole grain baking or health benefits, total
newbie on the subject but enthusiasm overflowing after my first
attempt.

There are also groups in Yahoo (Jonathan Kendall's excellent group)
MSN and Google, along with websites dedicated to whole grain foods, but
I would love to see the subject brought to the avenue of newsgroups
format. Big8 newsgroup moderators (and Brian Mailman) have suggested
searching out other enthusiasts and getting them to post at news.groups
in my whole brain baking newsgroup thread :

http://groups.google.com/group/news....5bd172e9?hl=en

I don't expect everybody to be for the idea, but any signs of interest
posted in the thead will be accounted for by the Big8.

Also, I know there is alt.fan.bread.whole-wheat but it's pretty much a
dead horse, a more generalized whole grain discussion might do better.

Posted to rec.food.baking

"hutchndi" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey everyone. Just want to let anyone that might be interested know
> that there is a discussion going on at news.groups concerning the
> formation of a new newsgroup dedicated to whole-grain foods, actually
> started the discussion myself. I know that there are some very
> knowledgeable bakers here in the subject of whole grain breads,
> rye,whole wheat, spelt, etc, as in alt.bread.recipesand
> rec.food.sourdough, but the exclusively whole-grain subject is
> usually
> a fringe topic at best. I would certainly not be the one to find
> reliable information on whole grain baking or health benefits, total
> newbie on the subject but enthusiasm overflowing after my first
> attempt.
>
> There are also groups in Yahoo (Jonathan Kendall's excellent group)
> MSN and Google, along with websites dedicated to whole grain foods,
> but
> I would love to see the subject brought to the avenue of newsgroups
> format. Big8 newsgroup moderators (and Brian Mailman) have suggested
> searching out other enthusiasts and getting them to post at
> news.groups
> in my whole brain baking newsgroup thread :
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/news....5bd172e9?hl=en
>
> I don't expect everybody to be for the idea, but any signs of interest
> posted in the thead will be accounted for by the Big8.
>
> Also, I know there is alt.fan.bread.whole-wheat but it's pretty much a
> dead horse, a more generalized whole grain discussion might do better.

I have not been able to find ANY of the newsgroups this poster refers
to.